1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GameZBD 0xC0000005 Error "fix" if you have BitDefender

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Dumbis, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Dumbis

Dumbis New Member

This is more of a workaround than and actual fix as exceptions aren't solving the problem.

Okey so I have/had problem as many others with the 0xC0000005 Error. As it has already been found the problem was with BitDefender Antivirus blocking GameZBD from launching and even adding extensions don't work. I tried pinpointing which features is actually causing this and I foudn out it's the "Advanced Threat Defense" in protection tab in BitDefender.

"Fix":
    Before clicking START in launcher all you have to do is disable the Advanced Threat Defense. After you do the game should open without any problems and if you want you can enable the Advanced Threat Defense right after you open the game and everything should still work.

Screenshot if anyone is having trouble finding the feature:
    https://imgur.com/a/yKh9LR2

Like I said this is more of a workaround if you don't want to uninstall BitDefender to just play gameZBD.
    So everytime you want to play GameZBD you just need to 2 extra clicks (3 if you are enabling the feature again right after).

I hope this helped anyone.

Puffery and Donyi like this.
  2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend