1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD - Central Market & Silver Income

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Nov 22, 2020.

?

Do you think making changes to the current GamezBD model will make things better?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I just want to sum up what a LOT of players have been talking about in these past couple of months, including the changes suggested from the past.

It seems that most players wish for a more lucrative silver-income in general. This is a shame since they have obviously missed the whole premise of the Black Desert Online (BDO) game-design.

Now I get that GamezBD is a Project (Private International Server), and that some -if not most- other PS's (Private Servers) have a policy of: "Here you go, this is all you need to get the end game gear. Enjoy what is left of the game!"
    But that doesn't mean that ALL PS's should be that way. I am sure that most mainstream players (this is just a guess) aren't used to playing games that take as long as BDO was designed to take, which means that they will seek out the "easy rewarding"-sites instead of just playing the game itself as intended, and while saying this I am aware that GamezBD isn't the "game itself" because we have a LOT of really useful and nice things included in our game version.

However, when you see the Whole game for what it is; A three in one hybrid, mixing Questing(PvE), PvP, Life-skills in one delightful bundle. You can then understand that the game is NOT just one of those things, and the best way to not get bored or tired of the game, is the vary the activities you perform within the game-world. THEN you also realize that everything you do in-game CAN lead to some form of Material-income in the form of loot (melted into Materials), which can then be sold on the Central Market. This leads to a much higher income of silver in general.

ALL the posts about the troubles that GamezBD is going through at the moment, lead to the same source: Central Market & Drops

I have made several suggestions, and while some of them were extremely elaborate, others might have somewhat easily implemented.

So in an effort to make things a bit more simplified, and easy to read, I have now made this thread, it might be doable, but it basically means rewriting the market and drop database, which -as I have told- is NOT an easy task, because as soon as they get a new update and recode it, the database would Either produce a lot of errors because it is not the same one the update requires, OR they would have to make the changes to the database Everytime they update ALL over again.

Central Market
    1. MATERIALS
    Raise ALL item Minimum Prices to x20
    (twenty times) the current Minimum.
    Increase ALL item Maximum Prices to x5 (ten times) the modified Minimum.
    Reasons being; ALL (wild exaggeration) are complaining that trying to earn silver through the Central Market is a waste of time, so if all the prices were reset, then the POTENTIAL is increased, the prices will fluctuate more and the end potential prices will be much greater, which leads the smart players using the Central Market a lot more while also adding more Life-skilling materials which aren't being sold at the moment, due to it feeling like a terrible waste.

For Example: Selling Trace of Earth = 170k silver, while selling Trace of Hunting = 6,6k silver. Reason being that you can drop Traces of Hunting from a very often visited area in the game-world, which leads to an abundance in this specific material. Gathering Traces of Earth can only be done with a Worker Empire, sending out Workers to a node to gather the ressources, takes about three day to get about 100-150 Traces of Earth through a worker empire (depending on some things).
    IF my plan works and is implemented, then the minimum price for ALL Traces, would become 132k silver, and the maximum price would then be 660k silver.

Example: Powder of Earth = 21k silver, but I not quite sure about having to track down pure Silver and Zinc ores, in order to mine Powder of Earth or how much I would be able to gather, while Powder of Flame = 5,25k silver.
    With my new plan ALL gatherable Powders (not including Blackstone or the like) would be worth about 105k silver on minimum, and 525k silver at maximum.

SO my plan is to make them more or less the same price!
    If the materials are more closely priced, then you won't run into the problem plauging the CM (Central Market) at the moment, where Only really valuable items get sold in incredibly vast quatities. This would mean that both Traces of Earth and Powder of Earth are priced at around 100-500k silver a piece.

YES! I have already been told by the developers just how difficult this is going to be for them, and that is probably the reason why this is not going to work as a practical solution, however I know it is possible to write a sub-routine that can make the changes in the database, meaning that the developers do not have to recreate the entire database list everytime it is updated.

2. CRAFTABLE Non-Combat Items
    Raise ALL item Minimum Prices to x2-5 (two to five times) the amount of silver (in materials) needed to craft them.
    This means that ALL players can Actually get a silver profit from crafting and selling items now, instead of just selling the materials as it is now.

3. Grey (Trash) Loot
    Raise ALL item worth to x2-5 (two to five times) the amount of silver.
    OR Change the Item Drop Template (Much harder to do) making a Standardized GamezBD Drop-table.
    Increasing the amount of silver from grey (trash) loot would be a solution to increase the amount of silver in general, but it seems as if all this does in general is increase the amount of silver throughout the entire game, however it is meant to make things a bit easier for the players who only do grinding.

4. Dropped Sellable Loot and Party-Looting
    Raise ALL item Minimum Prices to x5
    (five times) the current Minimum.
    Increase ALL item Maximum Prices to x2 (two times) the modified Minimum.
    OR Increase ALL Party-Looting Income to an equivalent of 80% (double the current amount) silver item worth.
    This means that most items that drop in the Party-Looting mode, will be worth more and it will also mean that you won't have to go to same areas everyone else is in, because now you can still make a decent amount of silver no matter where you do Party-Looting.
    Increasing the amount of silver awarded through the Party-Looting function, might be a much easier approach than having to make more changes to the database.

5. YELLOW Sellable Items
    Raise ALL item Minimum Prices to x2
    (two times) the current Minimum.
    Increase ALL item Maximum Prices to x2 (two times) the modified Minimum.
    This is a bit more complicated, but basically Trying to make those minimum priced Yellow items viable for the Central Market.
    The above mentioned changes will only add about 25% to the Maximum Item Value in comparison to how it works now.

6. Central Market "cleaner"
    Add a Automated buyout
    for items with more than x amount on the Market for longer than x amount of time.
    This might sound like the old Special Deals section, but the main difference is that the players have no access to the section, and that the items are sold at a much reduced price like 25-50% item worth. However this would have to be for the extreme cases in my opinion, such as 50.000 plus items not being sold for more than a week, and then only half of them should be sold.

7. TRADE
    Remove ALL TRADE limits
    since the Trade limit of 400 million silver is one of the big problems.
    Increase Trading Skill rate since it seems as if it is -along with Batering- the only one not increased.
    This means that Trading in ALL its forms would now be a viable means of silver-income, and it would attract more players who enjoy that part of the game, instead of only players who follow the mainstream teachings.

I already know that some of these changes are pretty complicated, and probably not a possibility for the development team, but there must be some implementations that might be made, based on the ideas that will spring from this thread.

Hopefully the GamezBD community will try to add their own ideas and modifications to this thread so we can present the development team with several solutions to pick and choose from.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    worstlahn and CLANNADaniel like this.
  2. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

1. Yes. But keep in mind that you can get Trace of Earth from grinding bashim and exchanging weed, other traces or powders can be obtained by melting weapons too.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes, my favourite.
    5. Not necessary. If number 4 is implemented, the prices will rise by themselves because, since more people will be party-looting for profit, there will be less accesories in the market, and the lesser the offer, the higher the prices.
    6. Maybe? I prefer to have high offer because, what if I needed 3k Iron ores but the bot already purchased them all? And if one item exist just to make a useless potion that nobody needs, I don't think it should sell. It could encourage people to make useless things just to get garanteed profit, draining the material stock from the marketplace (as the crafted stuff will receive a buff in point 2.) and I don't know if that should be encouraged or not...
    7. Yeah, why not?

loboram likes this.
  3. loboram

First up, thanks for answering, and giving me some feedback.

Yeah, I am aware that some Monsters can drop various Traces, but they are quite rare, I mean after grinding at the Bashims for about 4000 kills, I only got about 30-50, so not really a viable income. Nor is it a good way to exchange Weeds for it either, since you need 200 weeds for ONE Trace of Earth. It might have had something to do with my lack of node investment, but still. I do have to tell you that NO Powders can be obtained by melting gear though only Traces can be obtained by melting, and there are about 4 Traces that you cannot get at all by melting.
    I get this, which is why I added my personal opinion on the subject of the Auto-Market-cleaner; "...only items at 50.000+ that have not been sold in over a week...".

But please by all means, let's keep the comments rolling in, and even better adding your own ideas.

4. Brinsegar

Brinsegar New Member

2 years ago the devs nerfed Special Deals/Party Looting by 80% in one patch, then again by another 10% the following patch. At the time, ACTIVE GRINDING WITH FRIENDS, was one of the best ways to make hundreds of million of silver per hour.

This rewarding structure encouraged

- Group Play
    - Active grinding, which meant a healthier marketplace and more silver flowing between players
    - And encouraged open world PvP, which kept every day fresh and feeling different as you and your friends didnt know what kind of fights would be waiting for you to get into.

When they nerfed Special Deals, A LOT of players quit, I specifically remember back in 2018 seeing comparable online population numbers to Retail. Now 2 years later we're down to 1.5k average per server.

loboram likes this.
  5. Brinsegar

Brinsegar New Member

To add on to what I posted, I definitely think Special Deals needs buffed. By at least 30%.

It needs to be good enough to make players want to do it, the same goes for ALL of the games systems, if the rewards are not good, players will not participate.

RBF rewards are not good, so players dont do it even on event week.
    etc.

6. loboram

Well, it is more likely a matter of whether enough players Ever get to the End-Game-gear Required for being able to be a part of the PvP-scene in the BDO-game structure. Players usually can bored or give up playing long before they get even close to that goal. The ones who keep at it Still have to practice and practice, before they are viable candidates in ANY PvP-instance.

So...What happens when completely new players to the game, want to find out what PvP is like and how to get better at it? They enter the Red Battle Field, and get utterly destroyed, which just doesn't motivate many players to go back and try to get better, mainly because they never really get to practice, since they are just one-shot by all the "bullies" in there.

"Bullies" because they Complain endlessly about the lack of PvP and players to fight, but they will NEVER fight fairly or give other players a chance to get to know the game, before wiping the floors with them. They goad players into coming to the RBF, but behave like bullies because they just do not want to let other players get better, just in case they might actually be a match for them down the road.

This is complete speculation on my part by the way...I have no idea why they behave like that.

I completely Agree with you, that opening the door for Party-Looting (since there is nothing called Special Deals anymore in-game) will certainly make the game a whole lot more friendly.
    BUT without opening the door to More different-playing-style-players, like the Life-skilling crowd by removing the Trade limit, the number of players isn't going to rise that much.

What GamezBD REALLY NEEDS, is an influx of players who all will enjoy the game on their own premise, no matter what that might be. I guess that the Staff/Owner of GamezBD wanted to limit the amount of Life-Skilling players on the servers, because it would then seem as if there were many more Active players, however the facts have shown that the number of AFKing players has just risen due to the; Pearl-to-Artisan Memory-to-Caphras Stones-exchange.

So in conclusion, the Reason for Not allowing Trade/Life-Skills has now backfired so badly, that the Central Market is in complete shambles due to the lack of the Life-Skilling crowd.

7. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

I am a lifeskiller myself and I would like and I think many would also like T9 market enabled for the next update because we will almost for sure be able to farm the materials for the T10, and the T10 requires a pair of the same type of dream horse, male and female (only Arduanatt available for now), and currently, despite horse training being one of the best, if not the best afk/semi-afk life skill for T7/T8 imperial/market selling, T9 market doesn't even exist. I spent months upon months and billions upon billions of silver trying to get the Diné and only got 3 Arduanatts and 2 Dooms which I didn't even want in the first place and now I can't do anything with them. Why? Because people whaled for the horses in the webshop to gain easy billions? All that farm and grind to end up with nothing in return? it made me quit the game for a year or more thanks to the frustration it produced to me.
    I wouldn't mind selling them for 2b and 1b imperial as I said in a previous suggestion, this is just to return some of the money spent in cron stones alone, it would still suck as a life skill but at least people won't buy them in the webshop to sell them for this low price as they did before and it helps players get the horse they wished for.
    They could also enable T10 selling, but balanced enough to prevent it to be exploited by whales.
    T9 HORSE MARKET FOR 2B IS THE ONLY THING I WISH FOR :c
    I would like golden drops to be permanent as well, instead of just for a weekend, they feel like charity at this point, the amount of money you get is too small anyway... So I wouldn't see them as a problem being permanent. They could change the weekend events to be drop rate->enhancement chance->drop rate... Like this. (Although, I'm not too sure about it because I saw some people get a full inventory of golden drops just gathering water with high enough mastery, not me, I'm not that lucky)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    loboram likes this.
  8. loboram

I do agree with you, that enabling Dreamhorse Market is a good idea, like the prices as well. Although I do seem to have a problem recollecting the Webshop to in-game silver abuse of the Dreamhorses, I am almost sure it won't be a big problem to make those UNmarketable.

About the Gold Drops, I absolutely agree, they are rare enough for those NOT abusively gathering (Mastery Skill aside), like digging in the desert or gathering water, so if GamezBD could disable the gold drops for those, it would be an amazing idea :)

9. loboram

Please let's get this thread back up and running, more input is needed, if we the player community really want changes.