1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Help prove that physical defense is bugged on Gamez Aion!

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Yazuki, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

hmm i c . Well good luck then ;p

2. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I'm not saying he hit me twice with 1 attack.. he just attacked me twice ( 2 x one shot yes?) from from a distance with a bow.

3. krsticv

krsticv New Member

ya i just saw that. by bad, and that is crazy, btw im sorc and i die pretty hard against phy dmg, and to be onest plate clases rnt supose to die that easy by phy dmg. that is why casters exist to rape tem from distance :D

4. Shunko

Shunko Expert

[​IMG]

Wow just wow. check this new screenshot this is beyond words. Time to trade my leather back to cloth or plate, any takers?

5. archvanarl

archvanarl we can play offline!!!

Beryl State, Sunset Coast village, Esate no. 5
    i just noticed that abg cloth seems harder to penetrate without def buffs and stone skin than abg leather from a sin..

6. Starkk

Starkk Expert

I dont think so..Depends on accuracy / Macc

7. archvanarl

archvanarl we can play offline!!!

Beryl State, Sunset Coast village, Esate no. 5
    accuarcy vary only on block/parry/evade.. and it i never missed and MA varies only on not to be resisted and i dont missed too.

8. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

Why would macc matter in doing physical damage to a caster? And why would accuracy matter when you're hitting cloth, not leather lol

9. Velociraptor

Velociraptor The Dead Olevelo Forum Legend

nice topic.. :D
    GOOD investigation.. :p

10. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

On retail physical damage does SLIGHTLY less damage against plate users versus cloth, just watch any retail pvp video and you can see for yourself. Or just watch the retail pvp video I linked where an assassin with one pvp weapon is doing 400 damage auto attacks versus a full egt plate gladiator with way more pvp defense than the assassin has pvp attack.

On Gamez Aion I have MORE attack and MORE pvp attack when fighting full abg gladiators so shouldn't I be doing more than 400 damage auto attacks? Instead Im hitting for 0 damage and critting for 100 damage.

1 person likes this.
  11. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

Bump, still awaiting comment from GMs. I already provided proof.

12. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Also some classes (Templars) have damage reducers.

13. laraki

laraki Getting there

Yea this evidence was to long for me to read but i can tell you that i played retail Aion, and on the retail servers, the damage mitigation from Defense is almost nothing, naked people take almost the same physical damage from attacks as people with a full set of gear on. A full set of plate gear in retail doesnt make physical attacks = wet noodle hits, its like a 1 damage difference for 10 defense or some crap like that. Used to put flash leather on my little lvl 40ish templar on retail just to get that extra crit and such because the defense difference off corageous was crap. Tanked like a boss.

In fact on retail for example, i played a lvl 35 sin twink, went rifting and such, and it could easy deal a few hundred damage to a fully geared lvl 50 glad on every hit, im not going to try and prove it or anything but here a lvl 35 sin with the same gear would be hitting a lvl 55 glad for 0's so long as he was in something as good as like.. lvl 50 white gear.

14. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Honestly, the p.def on Gamez is needed :\ Yes, it's pain against plate, but whatever. On Retail, you die pretty fast, and Gamez is just zerg central, so you're pretty much doomed if your defense was to be back to normal.

15. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

People already know that and it has nothing to do with my post

This defense bug barely effects classes with high burst damage (Rangers/Gladiators/Templars BP which they solely rely on since everything else does 0 damage due to this bug). So you're saying that it's fine that assassin's and chanters remain completely broken against half the classes on Aion (Chain and Plate users) as long as people don't die faster? Even if the classes which this bug doesn't apply to can still burst you down in under 2 seconds?

A ranger can do 5k crits with stunning shot, but with the physical defense being fixed, theyre going to do 5.4k crits. This isn't going to change anything at all besides help assassin's and chanters not do awful damage

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  16. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

bump because plate classes are like golems now

abg glads and templar reminds me this guy sometimes
    [​IMG]

17. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

18. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

I mean this guy from the movie :p
    [video=youtube;gj1rwFz_ffY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj1rwFz_ffY[/video]

bump

19. Karemiwen

Karemiwen New Member

Excellent post! I have been suspecting that buggy PDef is the reason that a templar's damage with a mace is a joke.

On retail, PDef is about the most useless stat in the game. That is why many players choose to get lvl 40 abyss armor as opposed to lvl 50; half the cost, easier to enchant, and for all intents and purposes just as good as EGT/EAT.

20. Hersonissos

Hersonissos New Member

Yeah P.def is bugged in gamez. Hitting 0's with a mace or sword is not right. If it was fixed, it would benefit all physical classes. Assassin and chanter of course, maces, triroans' greatsword templars, bakarma gladi, unbuffed ranger so on. Really this should be looked into. Like has been said, in retail p.def was the worst stat in aion and near useless, which is how it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.