1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Human life

Discussion in 'Socialized Section' started by Adieu, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Most people seem pretty self centered, and I'm pretty down I spose. So! I wonder, what does a human life mean to you? Would you go outta your way to help another, even with the doubt that it'd mean much of anything.. or, would you step up and act like you have a care, even if you didn't know this person? I wonder.

As for me, I'd step up and care, you'd be surpised how many lifes you can change with your own kindness and therapeutic smile. Give it a try sometimes, life is more than YOU afterall.

6 people like this.
  2. daax

daax - Forum Legend

I tend to help others so much more than myself...I almost never put myself on the 1st place . It's an enjoyable thing to help and be there for others when they need you. That's how i feel :p

3. Zee

Zee Banned

I don't mind helping others , but I do expect a way to express their appreciation .
    Don't get me wrong , I'm not talking about gifts , money , not even thousands of "Thank You's" , more like a smile , shaking my hand , or actually seeing that the matter got solved or the situation got way better for the person I helped .

However I do wonder why am I unable to find people like this , who would magnanimously help me , without having any side thoughts or expecting anythin in exchange ...
    So far I've met 4 people like this in my entire life , which are my mother , my sister (even though she's only turning 5) , my best friend for 15years and of course my soulmate daaxie .

Oh and I almost forgot , helping people somehow warms you up from inside , it's a decent feeling .

Edit : Hai2u Adaleen Shields ;o

1 person likes this.
  4. Zenomex

Zenomex Banned Forum Legend

YOU are life, and LIFE is you.

5. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

You are all awesome posters, with good responses so far. So hai, I hope things are great for you. :] suppose I'm just dealing with my own inner self tonight, weird I end up here huh? But, I'm just curious I suppose. Good place to ask, I think! ^^

6. Zee

Zee Banned

Unfortunately trade threads became more important nowadays ... don't expect hundreds of replies since the core members are might not be here yet ;o

Oh and I hope you're going to be all right . Don't take too much of Three Olives shots ~ o.o;

7. daax

daax - Forum Legend

hai 2u2 ^^
    It's good to see u around here from time to time. Things are great so far for me and my love , dunno bout others:p
    Hope u and Cropo are ok awell and regarding the inner self dealing ...we all have to deal with that sooner or later ...important thing is that u find the peace with urself. Can be hard sometimes but its achievable.

<3 !

8. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I reached my own inner peace, but I've also reached the inner despairity. Or well to say, the inner pointlessness. I'm happy, with my relationship, but life? I can't seem to figure this all out, or the whole point or that matter. Maybe I focus on it to much, but I still consider myself young enough to care, and to ask questions. So, it's just nature I guess, and I ask others.

Glad you and Zee are okay tho! If I could travel, I'd be there for your wedding ;P but you'd have to speak it in English for Ada. :]

2 people like this.
  9. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

And you dear are the best daughter ever, I hope these things can remain the same for the years to come. <3

10. Zee

Zee Banned

Well , we would speak english anyways , since she's romanian & I'm hungarian and none of us understands each other's languages .
    And the wedding will be in a couple years (the real ceremony at least) so you got plenty of time reconsidering & saving up for a flight ;P

11. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

i agree with daaxie, however there r times when i just...have enough of it. like when people cant even say a simple thanks or worse case even get mad at u (dont ask me why). just makes u feel like helping people is a waste of time and they dont deserve it

2 people like this.
  12. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

People always deserve it, I just wish these same people knew how to understand helpfulness of others, or well, understand consideration of others. Most people do not care, so to find people that care is an amazing thing, so well.. its weird in a way to find those that do care. As for myself, it's just time.. we give ourself our own little measurements, or well.. I can't figure it all out. How much do you mean to everyone else?

In another words, in the long term how much does it mean to YOU? What does it mean to you, yourself?

13. Smartik1

to me, it means a lot coz helping people is pretty much the only social contact i have (and most of that is online to begin with). never been too good at making friends so mostly people only talk to me when they need help with something and then disappear again. part of me is kinda disappointed coz it hurts to know ur only good to talk to for as long as u solve their problems, but the other part is kinda happy that at least i get to talk to someone for that short amount of time. there r a few exceptions, but not that many

14. daax

daax - Forum Legend

Dont ask urself that , u wont find an answer...it will just "crush" u more and more from the inside to outside. I dont really know what to say...it's like a "war" with urself ...and u gotta win it.
    I tried so hard to understand the meaning and point of life ...i gave up on that. Now im just living it.

15. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

Some people have low understanding and reason. They'll learn one day, and on that day, they'll regret why they never repayed you properly
    and
    @ada: it should make you feel content and supercalafragilisticexpeealadociously happy <3 however, not all people feel heroic, or great, after theyve helped somebody. Some may think 'Oh, i just put myself behind, now theyre all in front of me, what do i do ? ;_____;'
    naive people are so naiveeee, they SHOULDNT feel behind, youve helped someone, youve saved a life, youve given somebody hope, youve given somebody a reason to live, really, why doesnt that make you feel grateful ? Doesnt that make you hypocritical in some logically and philosophically way ? O_O

16. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

time is always chasing after us, in a way.. a lot of things are really unclear for me.

As for hypocritical, I've been told that before. It's easy to give advice, than to accept my own.

Suppose the best explanation I can say comes from this youtube link.. [video=youtube;cWGsAZb_Mwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGsAZb_Mwc[/video]

Maybe I spend to much not caring, but at the same time I do care.. it's weird. I thank you all, your replies help me realize how much even an internet existence can mean to others, and I hope I affected you in a positive way at some point also.

1 person likes this.
  17. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

you so beetiful in too many ways :> ~ <3

18. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

[video=youtube;Gc4HGQHgeFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE&feature=related[/video]

3 people like this.
  19. HellMade

HellMade Banned Forum Legend

yah that guy is insane, saw that long time ago in school.

20. Smartik1

just wow...really does make u think about life differently after seeing that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.