1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I think we are ready for the WIPE

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Ryketh, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryketh

Ryketh Getting there

Hello:
    First and foremost I'd like to thank you guys for hosting a version of this game, awesome from you guys, thanks.

As the title says I really think we are ready for this wipe to come now, fixing of-course a few minor things before going with the live final version. I think the longer this wipe takes, the more it can hurt us in the end, given that this game requieres an awful amount of time to be put in, and I don't think no one wants it down the drain later on.

1) Disabling Cron Stones, since they are currently bugged and not working as intended and can be exploited to enchant gear in a way that was never intended for the game.
    2)Removing the Kamasylve Buff from the Loyalty shop, since you can just open like 80-90 pearl boxes and regain around 100-200+ energy every 3 mins. Now since I joined this BETA late, I don't know if this is as intended, but if not just putting it out there.

The other bugs that are currently present can be fixed along the way, and having the game on a final version and a threat of banning someone for abusing bugs/exploits can lead to those bugs being reported faster and lead for a faster fix in the end.

I mean I'm sure that there are more stuff that are preventing from going live, but if we all report it here we can actually get the wipe sooner rather than later.

If an admin/staff could reply to this thread on how long they have planned on this wipe on their part it would be great, the not knowing is killing us hehe.

Thanks in advance.

2. SectumSempra

SectumSempra New Member

If they want to wipe the server to fix the most bugs.. wizard complety ( my own experience here) and the other things that Ryketh said.. then do it soon..
    in my situation i will hate it, if i play months here and waiting for a wizard fix and then BUMM all gone and i must restart all things..

Anyway.. THANKS to the guys who bring out the server and give us free pearls^^

3. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

We are definitely not ready for the wipe. There are too many bugs that haven't been fixed yet.
    You just mentioned the kamasvyle buff you get from opening pearl boxes, this one is not working at all, then no point to remove the actual working buff from the pearl shop.
    You can't complete musa and wizard awakening quest. Many quests which give high contribution exp doesn't work.
    Two seater horse bug, trading is broken, some npcs are missing...
    There are many bugs that I'm not going to write here for the very obvious reason, I don't want people to abuse more and more.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

I have to agree with Noyah, the server is not ready for a wipe. We still need a geolocation engine for example so we don't get attacked by invisible mobs which are located underneath or above you. That itself proves that the server is not ready...

There are tons and tons of other bugs. Some are minor which can be dealt with later on but some of them are seriously important. Besides geolocation, life skills, main quest line (Valencia pt2) and missing loot go under the category of major ones as well.

Noyah likes this.
  5. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

You will never fix all the bugs. If you look at the state of Aion, it has been half broken for years. Generally you want to wait with a wipe until bugs that massively screw up the game through player exploitation are fixed. After that, you can do your wipe as the rest of the bugs are just annoyances.

The types of bugs that need fixing before wipe are:
    1. Bugs that permanently screw up stats (of characters or items)
    2. Bugs that massively screw up the economy (item duplication, drop exploitation, item loss)
    3. Bugs that permanently break characters, preventing you from continuing the game

Basically, anything that leaves permanent damage even after the bug is fixed. Lower exp, NPC positions and skills are not relevant for a game release as once they are fixed, everyone playing is fixed equally.

6. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

I'm sorry but you can't put Aion emulation and BDO emulation into the same bag since their method of emulation are different than each other. We don't get that much bugs regarding stats and drop exploitation is nonexistent. BDO can achieve a near perfect state if you look at how the emulation is being handled. I feel like you're not playing BDO.

Noyah likes this.
  7. Smartik1

No, I am not playing it, neither is it relevant in any way. First of all, I have no idea why you brought up emulation. Talking about bugs on a conceptual level has nothing to do with the emu. My point is the only real reason to have a wipe in the first place is if you have permanent damage left behind that will never be fixed, even if the bug that caused it is. As far as I can tell, the first post mentions enchanting exploitation which fits into my permanently screwed up stats giving someone advantage category.

You should be asking yourself what is there to be gained from a wipe. If the answer is nothing then you don't need one. Regular bugs will still be there after a wipe. At the same time, if you get to a point where you fixed everything and there was no permanent damage behind, then wiping gains you nothing.

8. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

It is quite relevant because what you're describing has nothing to do with what we are having within the game. They are talking about a certain part of enhancement which in fact doesn't give anyone advantage because all players are having the same issue to begin with. Giving us a generalized "option" will not improve this debate. So I'd rather see people who play this game in here to drop their opinions about it. Assumptions will not improve anything...

As for the wipe, there will be a wipe due to the fact that first day players got certain items which are quite advanced as gifts from GM's. The announcement was made long before under BDO section.

Noyah likes this.
  9. Smartik1

2 things:
    1. All players affected by enchanting right now means once it gets fixed then everybody who exploited it will have better gear than anyone else. My point stands.
    2. Free advanced gifts from GMs also fall in the category of unfair advantage compared to new joiners.

As far as I can tell, nothing you said right now invalidates anything I said above. Assuming enchanting got fixed, what is holding back the wipe? If the reason is just the free handouts given out at the beginning, then wiping will have the same effect right now as if you did it a year from now. If there are no permanent exploits around then the state of the server in terms of gameplay 3 months from now would also be identical if you wiped right now as if you wiped 3 months from now. The number of bugs around will be the same, so might as well already have a chance to start playing normally and keep your items.

The point of a wipe is ensuring equality so everybody has the same difficulty playing the game. If there is no exploited or free handout gear around then everyone is affected equally by whatever bugs are still around.

10. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

It seems like I have to start from the beginning since you do refuse to understand certain points that I'm making so I'll explain it in more detail then maybe we can finish this non-constructive loop.

BDO Emulation is under BETA which was stated before in the announcement and we are "Test Players" who knows and plays the game with that idea in mind. You've stated something rather interesting due to fact that you do not play this game so I've corrected the mistake that you were assuming regarding BDO because once again, BDO is not Aion, the mechanics of BDO are different than Aion. Your generalized opinnions regarding this game cannot be considered solid because you do not play it. If you are interested in BDO that much, I insist that you play this game. But if you have no interest then why are you even here?

As for the "enhancing" (because it's not called enchantment in BDO, you are "enhancing" your gear in here) the reason why people are not happy about is what we call failstacks. They get too lucky while enhancing a gear that they cannot accumulate enough failstacks. So this is not giving advantage to anyone (again proves my point of questioning why you are here)

Besides, nothing will be too much identical in BDO because again, it is stated that they want to change the gameplay in BDO a little with their own custom system.

If you want, I can go into further details or we can stop right here before we go out of context.

11. Smartik1

First thing, BETA and WIPE are 2 different things. Yes, BETA is testing, it means the game still has major bugs. However, you can easily have a wipe while still calling the game BETA, reflecting the current state of it. You can also move from BETA to full release when you fixed major bugs without wiping at the end since as you said, the point of wiping will be removing gear that was handed out, which you can do at any point.

Funny you should bring up me trying the game. I would, if I knew I would get to keep my stuff. I am not fond of losing everything I worked for, which is sort of the whole point of the thread and why it is relevant to me.

Also not quite sure why you keep comparing it to Aion as that is not where my point lies. The concept of gamebreaking bugs and exploitation applies to virtually every game and MMO.

Furthermore, the fact that I don't play the game doesn't mean you can't provide a logical argument as to why wiping later would be better than wiping right now, which is something that I was looking for and you have not stated so far. It is also the point of the entire thread. Instead of deflecting what I am saying purely based on the fact that I don't play, you could provide a valid reason which is relevant to everyone here, including people that do play. Your reasons can be totally independent of what I am saying, I don't mind, but listing current major bugs has no relevance here. Stating the benefits of wiping after they are fixed is something that would have value.

12. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

This already has happened before while switching from ALPHA to BETA. But BDO doesn't require a wipe every time when something major gets changed due to its structure which I'm getting tired of explaining.

Then this post is not related to you because it'll be the test players duty to inform the GM's that we can now go live, that the bugs we have are not that important anymore, then they can come to a conclusion.

Because of your statement below:
    "You will never fix all the bugs. If you look at the state of Aion, it has been half broken for years. Generally you want to wait with a wipe until bugs that massively screw up the game through player exploitation are fixed."

That experience cannot be compared to BDO.

Logical assumptions without the said game knowledge won't provide solid feedback. It'll only be an assumption in the end based on other game experience.

13. Smartik1

For your first point, I agree that you don't need a wipe every time when something major changes. I am looking for the final wipe so I can get the game and keep my stuff.

Second point, I am not deciding for anyone, I am trying to get arguments for and against the wipe while adding my perspective to it. Something along the lines of "wiping now would be good because" vs "we should wipe later because". Again, if this won't be the last wipe, then I don't really care. I am looking for a point where it is safe to start.

Not trying to compare to Aion, merely stating that even retail MMOs have their bugs (look at the forums of literally any MMO out right now) and as a general rule, private servers at any point have more bugs than retail does as they are constantly playing catch up. No, I don't believe there is any chance whatsoever to ever have no bugs in the game, but you can try keep them at a minimum.

Once again, you still didn't say why wiping later would be better than wiping now. If you spent as much effort listing your reasons as you do trying to tell me to go away, we could actually bring some value to the thread :)

14. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

I wasn't expecting you to agree on anything. I'm impressed...

You will eventually get a notification of such decision. But randomly hopping in to create an argument is not gonna help the test players. Because like I've said 10 times above, it'll be based on your assumption.

I don't remember stating "no bugs", I'm sure I was saying "near perfect state" due to its backend.

We cannot bring a value to this thread based on assumptions. Well, I can due to the experience that I have in the game. For me to explain why wiping is not needed right now means that I need to take you a tour of how BDO structure works which I won't bother. All you have to "know" is that a wipe is not needed at the moment till all needed major bugs are fixed and the system is ready to go. Any other questions?

15. Smartik1

I really don't understand your intent. Every single response you give me is personal against me instead of bringing any value to the topic at hand. I am not trying to create an argument, I am STILL trying to get your opinion on why wiping later is better than wiping now. I repeat this in every response, you ignore it in every response.

The point of this thread is to go through reasons why it is a good or bad idea to wipe now, not about "getting a notification of the decision". And once again, believe it or not you can give your opinion based on your actual experience (which I keep asking for on loop).

The thing is, your response would give value to other people in the thread, even if I might not understand everything you refer to, but for some reason you choose to make everything personal, thanks to which everybody else loses out on the discussion as you never actually end up saying anything related to the topic that other people could respond to.

Question for you (if you still refuse to address it by now, there is really no point in responding to you further): Why is it better to wipe later rather than now?

16. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

I wasn't getting personal towards you. I was merely stating that since you are not playing BDO, I cannot explain why we don't need a wipe based on the fact that you have no knowledge of it. But I did explain to you that the BDO backend doesn't require such wipes regarding bug fixes which should be enough to understand. Rest can be googled out. Why would I get personal for someone that I have no clue about who he/she is to begin with? It'd be pointless.

I did give my opinion based on my "actual" experience before your first post. with reasons on why we still can't go into the final release. So your question was answered even before you've posted your first comment.

Again, I'm not making everything personal. I'm just trying to understand the reasons of why would you comment on something which you have no experience on internally (talking about BDO, not all the MMO's out there). And if you are interested like you've stated before, then following these topics out should be sufficient enough and if it's not, all you have to do is to ask the current state. you don't have to give us a general information about how private servers work since we are part of such server.

My reply is all there above. Please read. I've explained it bits by bits on each post. As you can see, I haven't refused to address it ever...

17. Smartik1

There is quite a bit of contradiction here. You said BDO doesn't require a wipe, yet you said a wipe has to be done to remove handed out gear. This means that a wipe has to take place at some point. You haven't stated the benefits of doing it later rather than now.

I read your "actual" experience in terms of a list of major bugs. I also explained that there is a difference between a wipe and a final release. I said there can be a wipe without going into final release. I want your opinion as to why that can't happen.

My point is, I can see a list of bugs, what I can't see here is the reason why these bugs would justify wiping later rather than now. I also wanted to emphasize that just because I don't play the game doesn't mean you can't state your reasoning (emphasis on reasoning, not list, but implication) for everyone else to see and comment on.

18. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

OK.. Seems like I should simplify it further. We are beta testers in an MMO which requires a lot of grinding. I should underline "a lot". Wiping such game would directly affect the further fixing since everyone would end up starting from scratch means further end-game fixes could delay. I thought I wouldn't need to explain this since you have experience in other MMO's. At least you've claimed this so I was going with an assumption of that. So there is no contradiction on my end. It's just that you are having trouble understanding due to lack of this particular game experience which is understandable.

Already replied to this question above and in other posts as well.

Emphasizing in a wrong direction won't help either. It could've been a different story if you had the basic knowledge of the game tho which I fail to see.

19. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I never said anything about fixing all the bugs, I know its kinda 'impossible' but we do expect for the major and minor bugs to be fixed, get to the final release of gamezbd with the best results. Aion has nothing to do with this.

20. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

just pay 5$ and play retail, is boring af anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.