1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[ Important ] Changes in the NCsoft launcher

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smartik1, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

It would seem that NCsoft decided to remove Aion from the old NCsoft launcher we know and create a separate launcher for 4.0 Aion. According to the launcher files, it was created 2 days ago. This has serious consequences for anyone who wants to get the 3.7 client that will work with GamezAion.

- At the moment, there is no way to download the old client or the new. They removed the 3.7 client from the old launcher and the new does not have server side 4.0 files yet.
    - The old NCsoft launcher will never update again, server side version is blank, do not click the update button
    - Due to a lack of server side version, it might be impossible to repair the client (unless you have the relevant .repair and .ncpatch files in your client, they are the original setup files). This will need testing

For staff: Do not suggest deleting parts of the client that require a repair. It might no longer be possible. Until gamez goes 4.0, we will need a new source for the 3.7 client. It might be a good idea to either create a direct download of a clean 3.7 copy (no modified items.pak, remove .ncl files from the bin32 folder, no changes to voice paks) or a torrent like Tera once used.

Edit: I might be able to create a downgrade for the 4.0 client from the new launcher once it is released a week from now. It will depend on the new file structure.

Edit2: The update server was heavily overloaded and caused quite a lot of errors. Overall, the update is possible, however you have nothing to gain from it. The new launcher downloads around 620mb of updates that do not get applied yet and only then runs the game. If you have a working client in the old ncsoft launcher, do not update until gamez goes 4.0. New players might be able to install the 3.7 client using the new launcher until next week, however this still needs testing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    26 people like this.
  2. Awoken

Awoken Expert Forum Legend

Great for pointing that out smartik

Me and i think many others of us had no idea of this lol.

3. Smartik1

I didn't either, I just noticed a different NCsoft launcher skin on the screenshot of the guy who had a client problem right now. They must have made the change today or at most 2 days ago. When I got on his pc with teamviewer I saw all the mess they made. Apparently a whole lot of people are raging on the retail forums right now.

4. rottenlolli

rottenlolli New Member

Girl, I am a girl if you're referring to me. D:
    And some people are saying if you DO, do the update, unchecking the read-only files under properties in the ncsoft folder, MIGHT help you.

5. rottenlolli

rottenlolli New Member

6. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

Thanks Smartik =p

7. Smartik1

I would say that if the new client files are on the update server, the update server has to be ridiculously overloaded, which will lead to quite a lot of these error messages. It is new and way too many people are gonna try get over 20gb of data at the same time.

Gonna do a bit of testing atm, a lot of new info xd

Edit: Yea it is overloaded
    Code:
    [Data error] Could not connect to the update server.

8. rottenlolli

rottenlolli New Member

They did a server maintenance today and that seemed to fix it.
    I installed Aion from the Gameforge website, quick installation and it looks a lot better. ^^

9. Smartik1

What do you mean by gameforge website? Do you mean NCsoft? Gameforge clients haven't worked here for months now.

10. ToOcOoL

ToOcOoL 你的媽媽是我的

That said, how long could be the server in 4.0?

11. Smartik1

Retail in 2 weeks, gamez I would say several months, that's how long it usually takes during major version updates.

12. ToOcOoL

ToOcOoL 你的媽媽是我的

thanks you, I'm waiting for the new characters ^^,

13. Smartik1

The minimum time for major version updates in the past was around a month, max was 3 if I recall. I have no idea how many devs they have working on this thing or if they are getting a 4.0 dev server ready, however even if they got their hands on a 4.0 core, it would bring a ton of new bugs that have to be sorted out before they push it on live servers. So yea, it is way too soon to be asking. Since retail goes 4.0 in 2 weeks, I would say 6 weeks from now is the soonest anybody should even bother trying to ask about 4.0 on gamez.

Edit: The fact that there are 2 new classes could cause quite a lot of complications, so expect longer xd

2 people like this.
  14. RentlesSShadoW

RentlesSShadoW Invaders Must Die...殺せ

Smartik OP WP u dont surprise me once more ty for info dude^^

15. ToOcOoL

ToOcOoL 你的媽媽是我的

ohhh yeah ^^, the server will explode with the number of new items that come, wings, sets, characters and maps in 4.0 will trade crazy I do not want to imagine the speculators who are always connected

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Based only on volume and changes, plus the minimal proof test to minimize the bugs to an absurd amount, but playable; maybe December, asking anything sooner would be, problematic.

Anyway good to know this.

1 person likes this.
  17. Smartik1

Nah december is way too late lol, there will be several open source projects in the meantime that they can start off with. As people said, russians already have it etc. Gamez won't be the only one working on it, they usually rummage through open source projects anyway or get themselves into a few closed source ones. We will see.

18. ceamacmac

ceamacmac Proficient

hahaha Gamez would take months before it goes 4.0 but the Ph server here in the Phil is already 4.0 i wonder why how they did that? maybe their devs are more active than those of gamez, it makes me laugh how the heck gamez was beaten in term of major update by a local private server specially in the Phil

19. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

PM me the name and website of this server!
    ...... -> What interested people would say.

20. Smartik1

The same way the russians did, either they start working when korean goes 4.0 (months before NA retail) or they use a source someone developed (like russians). It doesn't mean the core is stable or doesn't have major bugs xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.