1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Increase drop rates from stronger spots (something is off)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Morthar, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Morthar

Morthar New Member

As I have mentioned for some times in here, there is a very particular thing that should receive serious attention from the DEVs, and that thing is the somehow "unbalance" created by the custom drop rate from the server. First of all, I'm not saying the 900% custom drop rate is bad, on the contrary, I love the ease this rate provides for our gameplay and I praise the DEVs for the initiative of making a Black Desert server with decent ratios. My point in here is just bringing to light that there are some features to be added in order of completing the ease the 900% drop rate intends to give, because it alone leave some leaks in the game which creates a lot of exploit windows that may be really compromising the gameplay.

I'm talking about this occurrence:

View attachment 51790

I grinded three very different areas in this weekend's event just to show you guys how uneven the grind has become when a raw 900% (1100% in this case) drop rate is applied equally throughout all the areas in the game. Making double the money on an area with almost half the required gear is a totally nuts. This breaks the purpose of every RPG that intends to reward players more as they progress and get stronger in the game. I have even mentioned in some post around here that there are a lot of 290+ ap people grinding in low areas like crescents exactly because of this uneven income rating.
    This problem is result of the unnecessarily (and also unbalanced) low drop ratings from retail on which our ratings are based, so, bringing all that extremely low rates equally to the top exposes this problem we are experiencing on grinding. But, as I said, this ain't reason for any concern since there are a lot of fair ways to correct this problem and bring the grinding to a more stable and just situation.

Suggestion--> Custom increase the rare drops from areas accordingly to their ap level,
    That means, for example, increasing the drop rate of 190 ap areas to 1200%, 210 ap areas to 1800%, 240 ap areas to 2400%, and even set all 240+ ap areas to 3000%. equally. Such high rates may scare some hardcore players, but they should remember that even 3000% of BDO 0,00000x base ratings aren't really that much of a increase, is just the enough to make strong spots more rewarding, since it might be really frustrating grinding all your way to 291 ap just to see yourself binded to crescents for higher profit.

The reader should understand that this suggestion isn't made with the intention of turning GameZ into a "2EZ" server, but with the intention of balancing rates that retail itself wasn't able to achieve, and we have the opportunity to do it here, not only to elevate the quality of the gameplay but as well bringing it to fair levels.

thank you.

loboram and miapisthug like this.
  2. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

I can agree that the rates DO NOT feel like x10 (900% more). Not one single bit for that fact. I have probably grinded for over 300 hours and I can say the rates feel like x3-x4. That's saying from spots all the way from Gahaz when I first started until Ash Forest where I am now. The issue isn't really the rare drops to be honest but the fact that trash loot ammount dropped is identical to retail. Add that on top of the low market demand due to the low population of the server that equals into low CM prices and there's how grinding on retail NETs more money than grinding on GameZ. Some places like Sycraia are different as you can get 100m just from BMC's but other like Stars End really, and I mean REALLY suffer from this drop rate-marketplace relationship.

What I do not agree with is the way you chose to adress this issue, Increasing the drop rate in some specific AP zones would sure be helpful but that's even more reasons for the high grearscore people to grind low AP areas. Nevertheless 3000% on High End areas would obliterate the market.
    To be honest the weekened drop event feels nice when it comes to grinding, i get a fair ammount of rare drops. I wouldn't mind if we'd get a perma 1100% drop chance increase overall.

But the way this should be adressed really is the trash loot or have some failsafe feature like how places like Witch Earrings drops. Every 1k-2k mobs killed you're guarateed a rare drop. That way you are getting what you're after regardless of the RNG that can be inconsistent sometime. Another way it would be to remove the rare drops from mobs and have NPCs trade them for the trash loot for the specific area. That way you're always getting what you grind for. Of course the ratio would have to be really good so that you can get 4+ rare drops and keep half if not 3 quarters of your total trash loot, or if you choose to completely swap it for the rare drops instead. Another way to balance this would be to limit the marketplace prices to a reasonable value (eg: 130m per Distorion earring, 90m per Tungrad Ring).

loboram likes this.
  3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I really like your suggestions, it is a pity though that they aren't as easily achieved as you might think.

Setting special droprates that only affect a specific zone, I don't really think that is possible, but it might be doable with a database modification, which I have already been told is a lot of work for the developers, since everytime they update the database, they would have to go back in and make the changes again.

The main thing is that the GamezBD drop-rates are merely a multiplication of the base drop-rates, not actually a numeric increase as in More items, just more Chance to get them.

Increasing grey-items (trash-loot) does seem like a possible solution, BUT where does that lead to in the long run?
    Might ruin the entire server, too large a silver influx and the Central Market dies off completely, because everyone can just grind for silver and buy the highest gear available, since there is bound to be some players still enhancing for silver.

Having the Rare-Drops be a certainty, might be a good idea. Much like the required monsters to get a Witch's Earring. BUT having a NPC to exchange Grey-items (Thrash) into rare-drops is just going to make things a lot more complicated.

Basically this again links with my own thread: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-central-market-silver-income.235072/

So please feel free to add your ideas and votes there, instead of making many different threads basically about the same thing.