1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lekrashan - mini boss bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Archivar, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Archivar

Archivar New Member

Bug Name:
    Lekrashan - mini boss bug
    Bug Description:
    Mechanics:

When the new Sea Monster habitat launched with the December's patch, this new mini boss was introduced. After killing random monsters nearby you have a chance to spawn him as a mini field boss.
    A message is triggered warning the player that a monster will raise from the depth of the ocean. A few moments later the mini boss spawns and you can attack him.
    After a big fight, the monster dies and you can loot his corpse just like any sea monster creature that you kill.

The bug:

After the boss spawns, he will wonder around if no one targets him. If you get close enough he will start attacking your ship, damaging it. If you launch a volley of cannonballs he will take damage and submerge.
    Once he submerges he resurfaces and after a few seconds submerges again and simply despawns. The mini boss icon on map vanishes and leaves you with nothing.
    There is no way to "one-shot" this boss before he despawns as his health pool is simply too big.

The fix:

The mob should stay there and target your ship until either of us dies or he despawns by himself in 20-30 minutes if no one is targeting him so we don't have a population of minibosses out at sea.

The final verdict:

This boss drops valuable resources for us Sea Monster hunters and would like to have the opportunity to kill him.
    After all, this is how the game was intended, a miniboss to be killed for extra rewards.

Additional:

The Goldmont ship area has a similar mechanic that spawns a miniboss boat after you engage and kill many smaller ships. The boss is easy enough to dispatch and the reward loot from its corpse is bigger than the average boat loot nearby.
    Note: the goldmont miniboss is NOT bugged, it works fine, just as an example of a similar mechanic of mini boss spawning after the "minions" are killed at random.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    One simply can to go visit the spot on a boat. Start killing monsters in the zone until the mini boss spawns. Engaging the boss will cause him to retaliate only for the next 5-10 seconds for him to simply despawn into the ocean with no loot/reward. Tested his on 10-20 of them trying different methods to "keep him from despawning" but failed.

Jujuba likes this.
  2. YooMin

YooMin @Wisdom.Entertainment

I created report about this bugs. You can't kill him because is retarded and disappearing. is there max 5 min or less. Then he disappears completely. I agree that he should have a minimum of 20 minutes there. I created about it video in my topic

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  3. Archivar

Archivar New Member

Thanks for reporting as well about this bug.

As additional info that could potentially help the developers I can add the following:
    Two days ago when I visited the area, I saw the boss in the water wandering around, probably around his spawn point but no players nearby so either the player that spawned him just left before I arrived or boss spawn active timer is longer than 5 minutes, maybe even more!
    The moment you engage the boss you trigger his "attack mode" (?) and he simply gives up and despawns 5 seconds later. Leaving him alone does not seem to trigger his despawn script.

Lets hope the developers can find the issue.
    o7

4. YooMin

YooMin @Wisdom.Entertainment

If you play on the server EU is possible that it was me. Because I dont will killing bugged lekrashan. when still disappears. Useless cannon balls.

5. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

TRy to kill it now.

6. Archivar

Archivar New Member

Thanks for looking into this.

I've visited the area for about 30 minutes.
    Killed a bunch of monsters locally [not the miniboss] to get the main guy out. Took me about 20min to lure one out.
    I noticed I no longer get the yellow message that the boss is riding from the sea bed like previously. I watched for the bubbles that form at the surface.

A few killings later, I saw the boss just casually sitting and chilling. Fired a volley. It hit, damaged, his HP pool is [ ?? ]. Submerged. Resurfaced. Gone the next moment.

When hes targeting and moving towards me, he is not advancing but wiggling in his position as if stuck in place and then disappears . He comes invincible most of the time. Boss icon on map sometimes is missing with the animation of the boss still visible almost like a mirage.

After 10 seconds or more the boss "teleports" back to the surface invincible [Cant hit him] with the boss icon flickering on map. This repeats itself until I saw 2 minibosses next to each other bugged together in this weird loop of disappearing and reappearing.

7. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We load another patch on last maintance, problem must be fixed.

8. Archivar

Archivar New Member

Thank you for resolving the bug. I can confirm that the boss is now killable in game.