1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Life-skill] Fishing

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by loboram, Oct 8, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Bug Name:
    [Life-skill] Fishing
    Bug Description:
    I was just wondering why I seem to be unable to catch Big Fish (Blue), or lower than green catches (grey/white items) anymore?

I have tried again and again different Fishing Hotspots, coastal fishing, island fishing, but I have only been able to catch Rare Fish (Yellow), and of course green fish.

Was wondering if this is intended now in the new update since I used to mainly get Big Fish from Fishing Hotspots, and now they do not drop at all there anymore?

It has also become very difficult to catch Seaweed for quests as well.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Fish from a Fishing Hotspot and see if you are able to catch Big Fish (Blue), but as described only got other types, not Big Fish. Fishing from Velia Harbour for the fishing quests, does not make it easy to catch Seaweed (which used to be one of the easiest items to catch).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. loboram

It is still not possible to fish Big Fish, trying to finish the Daily Fishing Questchain: https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/1/

Without being able to catch Big Fish (Blue fish), I am unable to catch Maomao so therefore unable to finish this questchain.
    My character has +5 Fishing, +6 Calpheon Fishing rod, +4 Ash Tree Float, Artisan 10 Fishing...It really shouldn't take more than 10 tries to fish just one Big Fish (Blue Fish), should it?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  3. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We apply x10 rates on fishing chances so possible some of them cuz of it can be skipped cuz another more rare fish chance buffed.
    But for test it i need see realy quest which u can finish cuz 3058 1 quest not need fishing, give me quest which is impossible to finish and i will investigate it.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

Yeah it is a huge problem for the most simple fishing quests, that there is the boosted drop rate.
    But as I said in the previous post; QuestCHAIN...so the next quest in the questChain (https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/2/) is the one I am stuck on, simply unable to fish blue-fish Maomao at all, in the quest-area, or on the nearby islands as the "somethinglovelyBDO" map says. Unfortuantely I do not think it will get any easier, since the next one in the questChain is one where I have to catch deep-sea fish (https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/3/), not even sure if that is actually working as intended since I haven't tried harpooning anything since about a year ago on this server :(

But thanks a lot for your reply Kolka, I really appreciate it

5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

You should... Maomao is a big fish caught with harpoon.
    Harpooning is working just fine, I've done it in the last accessories event.

6. loboram

As anyone can plainly see here, the Maomao is caught by fishing AND harpooning, not just harpooning...It is NOT classified SOLELY as a Deep Sea fish, unlike the ones you can see at the bottom of the selection in the picture below :)

However, I cannot say if this wonderful resource for BDO is reflecting what the GamezBD server is doing, so it may very well be that it is just as you say Juju...Only caught by harpooning.

Attached Files:

7. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Just tested, u can catch it with harpoon and in with fishin rod in same places like on retail:

[​IMG]

loboram and Jujuba like this.
  8. loboram

Thanks a bunch for this...However -if I may be so bold- I would like to ask you how high is that character's fishing skill, what fishing rod/float is it using, lastly how many atempts did it take that character to fish one Big Fish (Blue); the Maomao?

9. loboram

Thanks so much for your video proof @Kolka, however I do have some feedback on this bug report though, because at the moment it takes about 12 hours or more of AFK-fishing PLUS about an hour and a half of Active fishing, to actually catch 5 Maomao in the vicinity of the quest area for the Daily Quest-chain: https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/1/

The problem is that to complete the second quest in this quest-chain (https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/2/) it will take pretty much ALL day long, meaning that the next quest in the quest-chain is already reset by the time you catch those 5 Maomao, which in turn means that the quest-chain is impossible to complete at the moment.

My character has Fishing Master 5 now, and all the extra gear from my previous post in this thead, but it is not possible to fish the needed fish in the Epheria Sea where these fish are on the drop table, due to the insane time it takes to complete the second quest in the DAILY quest-chain.

So please, if you have some time in the near future, could you do us all the favor of confirming whether this is a real problem or if my character just need a higher fishing skill + fishing gear, in order to actually be able to complete it in within a day?

***UPDATED: Sorry my bad...the game just KEEPS reseting my quest-availability to none at all, which means if I do not check to see if all the quests are enabled then it seems that the quest-chain just ENDS...But now I have been able to receive the next one in the quest-chain the one for the Harpooning the Deep Sea Fish, which unfortunately brings me to point towards my newly submitted bug report: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/fishing-harpooning-depth.229428/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  10. loboram

@Kolka not sure if you got the updated previous post or not...so I am just making one more post here in order to get your attention.

11. Jujuba

I'm trying to catch Maomao in the exact same spot than Kolka fished. I want to complete this quest too. XD

loboram likes this.
  12. Jujuba

Almost 48h to catch 5 Maomao... Jesus Christ!

13. loboram

Yeah, that is a huge problem especially for a server that boasts x10 loot, not sure if it is only x5 fishing though

14. Jujuba

I believe x10 is to mobs only, because that makes no sense... And I'm not even going to brought up the issue with fishing that I posted the other day.