1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Magic Accuracy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zee, Aug 27, 2011.

?

Do you agree on the suggestion?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    41.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Well if someone is Full MR stacked, he sacrifaces other stats to gain defense against debuffs ...

And that is how it should be, I think.

As Sorc, Me having 2000+ MR, I have not ressisted a single SIlence arrow/Silence godstone ...
    From abg players ... and In order to have this MR I need to swtich half of my EQ .... so It seems to me like fair trade.
    And I rather do not mention those nasty 10% gs with abnormal procc rate ....

I have never played retail, so I cant compare it with this server, but the MR / MA thing seems quite fine to me.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ellexis90

Ellexis90 Expert

Silence godstone ...
    not resistable it's a Godstone, they messed it up when they release one of the major updates and godstones could be resist when they aren't ment to be

3. Dany4595

Dany4595 New Member

Ohh u say u never resisted a single silence arrow?
    I can say as a full pvp geared ranger ooo i have never got 18k dmg with shadow birst from a sorcerer while i tryed to silence him and stun him but only thing i recognized..ohh im dead..nice

4. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

There arent meant to be 10% silence and blind ingame in the first place ...

1 person likes this.
  5. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I agree with this, i'm not crying that i can't hit a cleric without supplication of focus because i prefer magic boost / hp / magic resist over accuracy

1 person likes this.
  6. Archsatan

Archsatan Yoza

Sounds good .

7. Hersonissos

Hersonissos New Member

I dont know where you heard that. Most godstones have always been resistable since 1.5 retail. (paralyze shouldnt be). After all, it is a debuff, and debuffs are magical.

GodStones affected by m.resist - AionSource.com - Powered by the Tower of Eternity

GODSTONES CAN AND WILL BE RESISTED - AionSource.com - Powered by the Tower of Eternity

Not meaning any offence to you, but ppl should try to research a few min on aionsource before making claims. If i post a bug i put evidence up from retail 99% of time.

And its a good thing too, godstones are the worst thing to happen to aion.

8. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

Bump ( for old threads )

9. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Just to answer your question, God stones can't be resisted on Retail. The only way they're able to be resisted is if you have 1k MR over your opponents Macc. Yes, I play Retail, yes I've looked into this, yes I've asked other players in game, and yes I've tested it.

10. nonoplow

nonoplow You Just Got Muffinized ! Forum Legend

yehh i remember when i used to play on retail, godstones couldnt be resisted...

11. Ellexis90

Ellexis90 Expert

lol i've been playing retail for awhile and godstones if proc never resisted even for twinks 30-40 can still land on 55 with no problem tence GOD* stone >.> that's why people with silence godstones in dredg rape other teams if they're not prepared >.>//sm fearsherk // sorc ss //bam bam

12. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

If thats the case then i would say increase the base mac of clerics as well,clerics dont have mac buffs and they are not spiritmasters who stack mac,clerics get resisted by abg users who dont even stack MR- Its only fair if that would be the case o_O. And note that im not talking about the cleric skill effects,im talking about the skill itself,that is pretty damn sure that a cleric is going to be resisted from a full ABG sorc or another full abg cleric-

13. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Well ... you need to consider few things playing cleric ...

They are great at Full MB .. but lack defense.. they are Insane at full MR, but cant hit others ...

So bassicaly the best thing is to be on full MR. . and have maa set coupled with MB sockets for offensive situations

Cleric is one of the class that lacks actual cc, besides snare ...

PvP at this server is destroyed by high natural MR of ABG users ... and also 10% godstones ... but Ithink it is fine when it is making money ..... in "normal" pvp set EGT I have 1450 Mr .. which is fine to every ranger/Sin and also cleric ... ABG users destroys pvp here

14. drewboy91

drewboy91 Getting there

Im a sorc, and I hav a high MB(2600), but a low MA(1300), I can barely ever hit someone wearing ABG set... Is there a MA set I can use???

15. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

My friend ... MB is thea least powerfull stat of sorc ..
    We have natural +180 MB from passive, coupled with +15 tome/orb you should be stocked at aprox 2000 MB, which is enough to have ... you need to have atleast 1700 Maa to hit ABg users that DO NOT STACK MR ... so I would say get rid of MB sockets and socket Maa instead

Nope ... it got better I wioud say .. I am proccing about 10-15 1% dmg GS per half hour .....

16. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

MR broke the game tbh. Back when physical classes had physical skills and the effects of their skills were considered physical,everything was fine. Suddenly physical classes like gladi for example did magical effects with their skills even tho they have 1,4k Ma with the best weapon possible and you cant root/slow/stun anyone. Even worse for the other classes who dont have a buff like Slaughter(wich wouldnt help them much either). In my opinion Melee shouldnt be affected by MR like it used to be. Alot of you will troll but not everyone can have 2k MR and still do over 1.5-3k dmg per shot.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  17. Chaney

Chaney Getting there

Alot of this seems to penalize someone cuz they are an abg wearer. Many of them are donaters and the reason this server stays open. I would suggest finding a way to earn a set or donating to get abg.

18. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Couldn't agree with you more on this notion. I've always been flabbergasted at how stupid NCSoft can be when it comes to their mmorpg's, because it almost seems like as though they favor Magic Casters in their respective mmo's. I mean, how many patches did it take before the majority of Melee classes started to truly become competitive in the world of Lineage 2? By the time it mattered I had already left along with many from the community.

In Aion before the Pre-MA nonsense, the game was far more interesting and better. The reason being is that as a Melee player, you should be focusing on the physical aspects of improving/modifying yourself, however with the current situation its now even more frustrating for melee players because you have to build multiple facets and going into the genre of MA which is something that you shouldn't have to focus on, but you must do so because of the way Aion is now currently built.

This again detracts from what the class is/was originally intended to do, because if I'm a Temp and I'm trying to stack MA to allow some of my stun skills to actually land, but then I also need Accuracy to actually hit people, while also needing Crit in order to get my natural kd's to land? This isn't even including Block sets, etc, etc.

All the while when I'm playing a Sorc for example, I do fine in nearly almost any situation with only a two-set of MA and MR, while for a Temp, I must run multiple sets to achieve the same effect.

This was and has always been one of the worst changes to the game of Aion. It has nothing to do with current Gamez, but the mere fact that Retail Aion has basically forced fed every class into having to value MA which was a stupid idea and ultimately would prove problematic due to the fact that they kept making those grotesque armor sets that would boast outrageous MR to counter the MA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.