1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Magic Classes Vs Striker/Mystic

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Rowan, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

It's somewhat understandable the "need" for there to be a class or "two" to counter Witch/Wizard but this is far too extreme. You have other classes such as Sorc, Tamer, DK that also get countered hard by Mystic/Striker. Shouldn't there be a class or "two" to counter Mystic/Striker as well? Obviously not a brand new class as this is just a copy of retail but the class stats could be changed to make these imbalances balanced. I have fought a few Strikers/Mystics as a magic class and, its an utter joke; AP between us were in the 220-230 and their damage output on one ability was enough to break my block and/or get my health down to 15-35% just with one ability whereas if I try to do the same, I would scrape about 7-15% off their block and/or about 10% of their health. Takes two abilities from a Striker to kill you(in regards to the AP mentioned earlier) but it takes a plethora of your abilities to negate at least 60%, that's IF you cc chain them. And of course its quite irritating knowing that these players are just being class carried but yet they act like it was their "skills" that got them their "win" lol.

Below are Strikers/Mystics when about to confront a Magic Class.(saw this somewhere on reddit bdo)
    [​IMG]

2. 4tek

4tek New Member

lol...my DK is 564GS and when I go up against Strikers or Mystics under 500 or even under 450GS, I lose almost all the time unless I can stiff them through their buggy animations and catch them while they aren't in SA - it's the only way I can do damage with 250 AP vs their 200 DP or less because of all their passive/skill defense.

Between the two it's easier to pull off stiff against strikers but not consistently. But for Mystics it's way too difficult. Basically, they have to mess up their CC spam to give me enough time to get away and try it to poke then stiff. Even two magic classes 550+gs against one under 500gs Mystic is way too difficult than it should be. Wizards have their grab but the buggy animations make mystics look like they're floating everywhere so you're missing. On top of that, Wizards constantly get their spells interrupted...if by chance they pull of PA, they are just delaying the inevitable - pop heal, go through rotations which get interrupted, pop PA to absorb most of the CC spam then teleport away and wait for cool downs - by that time the mystic is still able to close the gap, jump in and CC spams till you are dead.

For now, the DK is going back on the shelf until node wars.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

Exactly my point, and lets not forget about Musa's Pojection+Flow. Most of these Musa players rely on Projection way too much. If they miss, they dash around to buy time for 7 seconds and then they use their bow to stun/stiff followed by Projection. And the dumb part about that, if your not expecting that, it works. These issues needs to have priority to be fixed, that these kids can realize that it was the class that was carrying them and got them those wins. At least make another class a bane to Mystic/Striker such as those two classes are a bane to magic classes.

For Mystic/Striker being able to counter Witch/Wizard, its understandable that these trash classes exist but to counter the other magic classes... seems a bit extreme. Witch/Wizard are god tier classes. they have: protective area which gives 999DP to themselves and any ally nearby, AoE Heals, AoE buffs such as attack/casting speed/movement speed, AoE damage with no split damage meaning that all damage is 100% and doesn't get halved based on the amount of targets are being hit, and so easy to play. I want them to be countered but damn Daniel, its far too extreme on what they can do with so little gear.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  4. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

Idk how the..I managed to reply to myself.(cwl) Just going to leave it as is.

5. IHirs

IHirs New Member

This isnt a counter to witch and wiz. Mystic is good at killing wizard and witch in a fight, but the same thing can be said about every class in the game. The reason why witch and wiz are considered OP in pvp is because of there utility, which mystic doesnt counter in the slightest. Lighthouse still brings you to max HP, protected area still gives 999 dp, and the seige scene on retail is still dead.

Orchard likes this.
  6. Orchard

Orchard New Member

I think you just need to learn your class better. I can easily be killed by witches. What you do is teleport away and heal yourself every time. That's how I get killed as a striker.

You also don't want them close to you, witch and wizard specialize in that..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  7. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

"I think you just need to learn your class better" You see what I mean. They think they are good when in fact its just their class. And you getting killed my a witch as a striker... What are you doing wrong? I mean, you are a bane to those classes that are magic ap. How are you doing it wrong? Are you like 130AP with a gs of 350 and that witch that you mentioned having 240AP with a gs of 520?

8. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

Yes, I did mentioned as to why Witch/Wizard are god tier as stated below

9. IHirs

IHirs New Member

u clearly didnt

10. notVoided

notVoided Getting there

Mystic will beat any class 1v1 majority of the time because of their constant cc lock. It's almost impossible to beat Mystic as a Witch/Wizard because we have no mobility other than the teleport, which is next to impossible to get off with all the cc lock. Even if we do manage to get it off, Mystic is a very mobile class and will catch up to you very quickly and cc lock you again. At this point teleport will be on CD and you will proceed to get skull fucked.

11. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

For some reason, you got offended at the fact that I corrected you by providing the message I wrote as proof that I did gave a brief description of witch/wizard utility without including the word "utility".

12. IHirs

IHirs New Member

I am not offended, im just pointing out you didnt say the same thing that i said which is that wizard and witch have not favored to win in a fight vs any class in the game besides another wizard or witch, so mystic doesnt actually counter them at all, the only class you can really say she was made to counter is DK

13. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

I'm baffled.

14. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

BEEF ME UP.

15. n0tl0c

n0tl0c New Member

Gamez doesn't want custom balancing cus they want to keep it close to retail. But retail is trash with balancing PA are idiots Mystics and Strikers need to be balanced. right now PA is destroying the game on retail and people are quitting and selling their accounts. We really need custom balancing mystics and strikers destroy the game. so many people re roll to those classes or kuno, musa since they have broken skills. mystic and striker are brain dead and boring a lot of us cant even play the class with out falling asleep on our keyboards.

If they cant be balanced just delete the class problem solved.

16. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi New Member

The big thing about Mystic/Striker when those two classes were being rolled out on KR and NA/EU is that they constantly have their Super Armor up- this may not be a thing anymore since i haven't played BDO retail in awhile, but i know that was the consistent complaint towards those two classes versus virtually every other vanilla class.

Except Berserkers, Berserkers do their own thing and take you on a journey. :)

17. Villain

Villain Proficient

I like journeys.