1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Marketplace Default Settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ikbenrik, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Ikbenrik

Ikbenrik New Member

Many people in this game are lazy and don't want to check the current price etc.
    Currently the default setting for the market is to undercut the lowest bid untill it hits the button.

I think it would be much better for the economy if the default would be to put the new listed sales on the lowest current price instead of undercutting it.
    This way the people who are lazy and don't care dont influence the market in a bad way.
    We have a lower playerbase then retail so our market is much more vulnerable to change and decisions of peoples actions since we have less trades going on per day then what this market was designed for on retail.

If people want to undercut others they can still do it but it requires for them to do an additional action.
    It just hurts to see things happening like this all the time:
    marketplace.png

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Wait WHAT?!
    You seriously think that making the item prices Plummet to minimum all over, would somehow Help our server economy?

I would have liked this Suggestion, however it is in complete and utter contradiction to what I would have suggested myself: Make the default pricing MAXIMUM!

THAT would make a big difference to the players who don't know what the heck they are doing, when it comes to the market, which it seems are a LOT of them :(

3. Ikbenrik

Ikbenrik New Member

I think you misunderstood what im saying.
    Currently the default is if you sell an item that it undercuts the lowest seller on market.
    Im asking to change that to make the default setting be the same as the lowest seller price so you see less people undercutting eachother in a short time span which makes the price plummet less.
    We can debate on exactly which price the default setting should be but it should never be below the lowest seller.
    Also i see you commenting on many threads and you might wanna consider your way of speech you always seem to attack peoples ideas, a little bit more respect cant hurt

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Alright, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, but as you can plainly see, I am not "attacking" anything. I may "sound" like a smartarse and condescending so I apologize for that, however as you can clearly see (if you did indeed look through all my posts and threads as you said), then you will be completely aware of how Many players have behaved in here, especially when replying my posts and threads. Once again, I am sorry if my initial "tone" seems antagonizing, but it has been my experience that if you aren't making the recipient shocked, they will reply with something mean :(

I will give it one more try then, okay with you?

What I should have said was this:

Hello there @Ikbenrik, and welcome to the forum, I can see you joined a LONG time ago, and yet you haven't been that active on the forum before, hence the welcome.
    I have a couple of questions to this statement.

1. What do you mean when you say "lowest current price"?
    2. How else would you think the economy in general could be improoved (how it sounds) upon?

My personal suggestion would be to make the default price, when posting items on the Central Market, Maximum. Because that way players who are clueless, wouldn't affect the economy in a bad way, but "lowest" price certainly Would.

We NEED to make a possitive change to the current system, because it is one of the largest reasons, to sensible players anyhow, that players take long breaks or just leave GamezBD. Increasing the prices of items on the Central Market, would indeed be in balance with the amount of loot we are generating on our wonderful servers as is, don't you think?

Yeah...Now I see it, I was quite rude to you...sorry about that...I really try to be diplomatic, but EVERYone has a bad day now and again.