1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Mouse rotation problem

Discussion in 'Problems' started by windygamer, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windygamer

windygamer New Member

My mouse can't control my character. If I try to rotate the character using R-Hold-Drag the character just jitters.
    If this has been covered somewhere else - AND SOLVED - then please point me there. And sorry for the duplicate. I did a search and could not find it. I did find a long post from Last November that had no solution and was locked for further replies. I also looked through common problems and could not find a solution. If I missed it, sorry for bothering us, but I need a solution please.
    Windows 10 - Latest. Large - 2K monitor. [BTW, the latest NCSoft AION works just fine with no fixes. So they know the solution.]
    I've seen the post here that suggests lots of things, but I did not see a solution.
    AND I've seen and SOLVED this problem with another game.
    From that solution, I think the problem only shows up for those of us playing on large screens - Mine is 2560x1440 [2K].
    If you are playing at 1920x1080 or below you may not see this problem. But since my screen is large, setting the game smaller does not fix it.

This problem occurred in DEKARON on a private server and the fix was to set COMPATIBILITY MODE for the client EXE so that HIGH DPI displays to Override high DPI Scaling Behavior, Scaling performed by Application, for the EXE. That worked just fine.

BUT for AION, I can't find the EXE that is the client. There is an AION.BIN, but there is no way to set the "Compatibility settings" for a BIN file. I have tried:
    GamezAION.exe and /bin64/AwesomiumProcess.exe files. See attached picture.
    No luck. Still jitters.

Soooooo.. .Is there a fix for this? Anybody got an idea of where the exe is that can be set to the right COMPATIBILITY for HIGH DPI displays?

No way the game is playable like this. I logged in a toon and saw it go to 65 and get all it's skills, but I can't play it with a jittery uncontrollable mouse.

Thanks a ton.
    wg

Attached Files:

2. Ayvell

Ayvell ἔσσεται ἦμαρ

3. windygamer

windygamer New Member

This is not working for me. It seems to require Java, which is not mentioned in the guide.
    I installed the latest Java.
    Running the Carbonizer app after logging in does not change anything, and I can't see that it remains running.
    At one point I got a message from Windows asking if the program was working. Which usually means that some program stopped. After running carbonizer, I cannot find it in the Task Manager list, although I do see Java(TM) with the icon from Carbonizer, which is also odd.

No change in the bad mouse behavior inside AION tho.

4. cocosul

cocosul Guest

Run as admin? Also be sure it's the latest Java version at all, but maybe your anti-virus block it,it should appear near the clock the icon of carbonizer, if it's working well.

5. Primez

Primez ~KARMA~ Forum Legend

Go to right corner below near at the time, you can see there the app arrow icon close it and run again as admin.

6. windygamer

windygamer New Member

Thank you. I see the Carbonizer icon in the notification area now. Stopped it, restarted it in Admin and all is well now.
    Thanks much.
    Apparently the instructions could be simpler. Apparently you can run Carbonizer before you even start the launcher.
    The mouse glitched for a second or two after I got to the character screen, but it straightened right out and works fine.

Thanks again.

7. Ayvell

Ayvell ἔσσεται ἦμαρ

Just fyi, in some cases you have to be online in the game for ten minutes before you run the exe or it doesn't work. Enjoy the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.