1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Optimization Function Bug

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by loboram, Jan 20, 2020.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Bug Name:
    Optimization Function Bug
    Bug Description:
    Unfortuantely the "Hide Other Characters" Function in the Game Settings does not work at all :(

Doesn't matter if you try to use the Character Optimization Option or the Hide Others option...it makes NO difference at all.
    How to reproduce/proof:

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I'm on my phone right now so I think that's the reason I can't see the SS clearly. But isn't this the option that hides characters in World Bosses only?

3. loboram

Actually that SHOULD be done automatically...or at least on lower graphics settings...it does so on mine at the moment, Except for Kutum.

4. loboram

Still no response to the optimization feature which would improve older-PC's performance GREATLY, hiding other Characters, or at least just redering them as those grey (no skins) characters...pretty please fix this :)

5. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

This setting doesnt work in towns/cities/safezones and is the same on retail.

6. loboram

Well thanks for this answer :)

It is not really that helpful to be honest, but I get it, if it is "the same as" then there is no way to make a case for a change that might REALLY help out older PC (poor people) players.

Not that I want to make generalizing statements, but I somehow end up doing so anyway, mainly in poor countries, people get their PCs from secondhand stores, or handed down from a family member, since poor actually means poor in those places.

They do have an internet connection, and a yearning for gaming the "big" games on the market. SO when GamezBD is offering a FREE-access to the whole world game like Black Desert Online a whole lot of people will want to join to try it out, but as it has been made abundantly clear by the spoiled masses, this game has a high requirement of the hardware.

BUT it is not a far fetched idea, to tweak the game settings so that it "blurs" graphics (as many other games do) whenever the game needs more than the setup is providing, granted that there is always a cut-off level of minimum hardware, but just to make the game more accessible and playable, specifically to players with low-end PCs in "poor parts of the world", then it wouldn't be such a bad idea to include a function that actually does what it says it does.

Like limit rendering of "Other Players" such as the actual option in the settings, or just "Hide Other Players" since the last place you would need to be crowded by a bunch of Players is inside safezones, while it is indeed a necessity to be able to spot Players from far away, whenever you are OUTside safezones really.

7. Jujuba

I've said that this function was to world bosses only. And... I understand your frustration regarding this issue, but BDO is an AAA game, you don't developer a game that big to optimize it for a toaster. C'mon. (ew)(cwl)

@edit
    Before I forget: GameZ is poorly optimized, you can run retail smoother than gamez. Have you ever played retail?

8. loboram

Fair enough, but then it isn't a case of either or I am asking for really.
    In MANY MANY other games, there is an inbuilt graphics system (some work better than others), that simply Blurs the graphics; as in reduces the overall resolution to be able to run the game at a MUCH faster and smoother pace.

Granted that I have NO idea how to build that feature, but I just thought it was something you could ask the graphics-card to do, and not have to recode-new-graphics for ALL resolutions in order for it to work.

Yeah I have tried out the western-official-version of Black Desert Online, and other than it being pushed as a horribly money-grabbing game, it ALSO contains an endless amount of dumb-arse-toxicity, so while I did enjoy a very short stay on that version, I quickly made the change to a Private Server for many reasons.
    One of them being how the companies behind the official-versions have region-locked the game, to make it impossible for some players to play on their servers, mainly because it costs money to have a VPN.

9. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

But I play BDO on my cell phone.... :p

10. Jujuba

Do you always have to write a bible? Again, you're dreaming too big. If retail didn't make it as you wanted, why would you think it would be different, no no no, BETTER in gamez??? Please...

11. loboram

:amused: *edit...oh...no emoji for amused :(
    True, it is NOT up to GamezBD to actually improve on a product, but if they CAN, then why the heck not?

I do actively hate traditional-thinking, which religions (all faithbased beliefs) are based on, so please...I would NEVER write any religious text EVER, I do however VERY much want to be clear about my text, which could all too easily leave things up to the imagination, as in humans just interpreting the text instead of just reading what is actually says. So I tend to get carried away with writing...might be because I am a scientist :D

12. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

This functions is client side and its work only for bosses, but we improved it and on bosses we also have own function which not only hide visual but also block u obtain packets from players but only if u in same region where boss spawned. In cities this function not work and retial settings on your screnshot also not designed for save zones.

loboram likes this.
  13. loboram

Thanks for the answer Kolka, I would still like it if it could be done here on GamezBD, but of course only for Very Low/Low-graphics settings, just so more players can enjoy GamezBD servers :)