1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Outdated] 4.5 Common errors and fixes

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Guille, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guille

Guille i am chillermo Forum Legend

Hai there, this is thread-guide will have the most common errors and its fixes. This will be updated as new errors pop-up

1. "This program is unavailable in your country." (Error picture)
      Go to Aion\L10N\ENU, select everything inside that folder (Ctrl+A) and copy that (Ctrl+C), go to Aion\L10N, select the folder of the language your windows is using and paste what you have copied in that folder (Ctrl+V), run the Gamez Aion launcher, update if asked, and play.
      Language and folders are right here:
      • FRA is French
      • DEU is German
      • RUS is Russian
      • ENU is English (USA)

If that doesn't work, delete the L10N folder from your client and repair it with the NCsoft launcher, after it's completed check if the client works clicking on the blue button that says "Play Now", if it works and your Windows uses any of the 3 languages listed above (excluding english), then you may need to do what I stated above.

This also happens when you try to launch a non-fully-installed client, if you follow what I've stated above you would have repaired the client already and avoid this.

2. In-Game credit shop won't show up.
      Go to Aion\L10N\1_ENU, select everything inside that folder (Ctrl+A) and copy that (Ctrl+C), go to Aion\L10N, select the folder of the language your windows is using and paste what you have copied in that folder (Ctrl+V), run the Gamez Aion launcher, update if asked, and play.
      Language and folders are right here:
      • 1_FRA is French
      • 1_DEU is German
      • 1_RUS is Russian
      • 1_ENU is English (USA)
    3. I can only see floating heads, no bodies. (Error picture)
      Run the NCsoft launcher (Aion shorcut inside the main Aion folder) and if it doesn't start downloading automatically the files the client is missing, click on File Repair.
      -
    4. Cannot create more characters. (Error picture)
      Change server or restart your client.
      -
    5. Cannot delete a character.
      Leave legion, clear the mailbox, broker, and your inventory, then change server or restart your client.
      -
    6. Cannot change server, I get disconnected while trying to. (Error picture)
      • Keep in mind what character you were on the last time in-game, on the server you are stuck
      • Go to the Character Selection screen
      • Try changing server, it will disconnect you
      • Relog again (click on Reconnect)
      • Log on a different character from the one you were on last time (check step A)
      • Go to the Character Selection screen
      • Try changing server, it should work this time
    7. "ID or Password does not match (2)", but on website it's fine. (Error picture)
      Some special characters aren't allowed to be used as password client-side, please change your password again and use only normal characters (a~z, A~Z, 0~9).
      -
    8. "No game server is available to the authorization server. (6)" (Error picture)
      Missing GamezAion client files, run the GamezAion launcher as administrator and let it update your client. If your client is fine (up-to-date+downgrade (if required)), it could be a firewall/antivirus blocking the internet access to Aion.bin and its components, try killing all unneeded background processes and services off your system.
      -
    9. GamezAion launcher gives error at updating - "Unauthorized Access Exception.", "The system could not find the file specified."
      UAC (User Account Control) is causing that, you can either disable it or just run the GamezAion Launcher as administrator (Right click > Run as admin), if you want to disable it completely, download this, run it, apply it, restart the PC and try again.
      -
    10. GamezAion launcher unable to download anything.
      Download this rar and move it to your Aion folder, right click > Extract here and replace everything, those are the GamezAion 4.5 client files.
      -
    11. Winrar - Access denied while extracting a rar to the Aion folder. (Error picture)
      UAC (User Account Control) is causing that, if you want to disable it completely, download this, run it, apply it, restart the PC and try again.
      -
    12. "Aion.bin not found." (Error picture)
      Make sure your client was fully installed (the folder should be about 26~27 GB excluding the $Patch$ folder), if it is, then you installed the GamezAion Launcher in the wrong folder, the .exe launcher and updater must be in the same folder with files such as version.ini, system.cfg, and folders like Bin32, Objects, Levels, etc. Here's this video guide made by Nyusagi.
      -
    13. "The region data in this client is incomplete and the game is shutting down. Please update the client and try again." (Error picture)
      Run the NCsoft launcher (Aion shorcut inside the main Aion folder) and if it doesn't start downloading automatically the files the client is missing, click on File Repair.
      -
    14. "[Update Error] Cannot download file. Please restart the launcher." (Error picture)
      Do as the NCsoft launcher said and restart it, we can't do much about this error besides doing what it asks you to do.
      -
    15. "Aion[1024]. Failed to initialize the game." (Error picture)
      Make sure your client was fully installed (the folder should be about 26~27 GB excluding the $Patch$ folder), if it is, go to Aion\L10N\ and delete everything inside, run the NCsoft launcher and hit of File Repair, then run the GamezAion Launcher as administrator and let it update your client - If your windows is in French, German, or Russian check the first problem of this list.
      -
    16. Client crashing at the NCsoft black logo.
      Make sure your client was fully installed (the folder should be about 26~27 GB excluding the $Patch$ folder), if it is, the problem may be the Items.pak, Delete everything inside Aion\Data\USA\Items and try again, if the client works try with the other Items.pak version (If you are using the Compressed version, try with the Loose Files one, and vice versa).
      -
    17. How to change the Aion folder the NCsoft launcher is pinned at?
      Run Regedit (type "regedit" in windows start, or press Windows key+R and type regedit then press enter), and find the key named "BaseDir" that has as data the Aion directory, the key may be in the following folders depending on your Windows architecture:
      Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NCWest\Aion [B](if 32bit)[/B]
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NCWest\ Aion [B](if 64bit)[/B]

Once found the BaseDir key, its data will be the direct path to the Aion folder, must start with the drive letter and end with "\Aion", example: C:\Aion
      -
    18. Cannot trade items, can't store them in Account Warehouse either.
      You need the latest Items.pak for that, keep in mind that some Items can't be stored in the Account Warehouse nor be traded (fused weapons, quest items) here's the link.
      -
    19. Aion[1001]. You cannot run Aion with the version of DirectX currently installed. (Error picture)
      Aion requires the DirectX version released after June, 2008.
      Automated way: Microsoft Web Installer, it can either do the full installation or just a small repair
      Manual way: FileHippo link facilitated by Smartik
      -
    20. Send Log error while playing.
      Everyone gets them, causes of this error are server-client incompatibilities, close the crashed client if it's still running and restart it to keep playing.
      -
    21. GamezAion launcher crashing/won't run.
      It requires .NET Framework 4.0.
      Here's the Microsoft Web Installer, it can either do the full installation or just a small repair.
      -
    22. Didn't receive credits after voting.
      You need to follow all the steps from these guides:
      Tutorial by Carl.
      Video Tutorial by Uehara.
      -
    23. "You are disconnected from the game server." after using the Logout function. (Error picture)
      The Logout function is temporary bugged server-side, once you use it, the client won't be of any use and you will have to restart it to log back in. 1 client = 1 account. No fix for this at the moment.
      -
    24. "You are already logged in. (7)" (Error picture)
      It usually happens when your client crashes and you attempt to log in while your account is still connected to the server, wait about 20 seconds after accepting this message and then try to log in back again.
      -
    25. Some Items don't have name or icon.
      Delete the zData.pak and everything inside Aion\Data\USA\Items, get in-game and check if that fixed it, if it got fixed, download the latest Items.pak so you will be able to trade untradeable items. here's the link.
      -
    26. LFG not working/turned off.
      Restarting the client or relogging may fix it. If it doesn't work, check for any available downgrade and apply it.
      -
    27. Client crashes after opening the Mailbox / Full Mailbox.
      All the mails must to be delete from the database, and the items inside those mails as well, nothing will be recovered, contact someone from the Staff saying you agree to have your mailbox empty to fix this issue.
      -
    28. "You have been disconnected from the server" while trying to log in. (Error picture)
      Could be caused by some software messing up with your connection such as Firewalls, Ping Reducers, etc, try turning everything off, add exceptions for the Aion folder/GamezAion launcher if available. You can also try disabling start-up items or services (don't try to if you don't know what you're doing), to do so run MSConfig (type "msconfig" in windows start, or press Windows key+R and type msconfig then press enter), the System Configuration windows will pop-up, check both tabs Services and Startup and uncheck the boxes for those items that may be causing you troubles, restart your computer and try again. The most silly reason for this error is when the server is offline, to know if it's offline check the forums and spam this thread.
      -
    29. Disconnected/Client crashes after trying to log in with my character.
      There are various causes for this kind of problem, the most common is your character is in a zonemap that doesn't exist in your client, or the zone is bugged server-side (aka stuck character), you can try with the ".fix" command, log in on an alternative character, type ".fix [Character Name]" (it's case sensitive, first letter should be capitalized, example: .fix Akemi), restart your client and try to log in with your stuck character (the character will show up as naked, the items will be in your inventory even if your inventory was full, the items will be there), the character should be now in its Obelisk, if it still gets your client crashed, go to the website and send an unstuck request for that character, don't try to log in with it until the request has been processed or the server has been restarted. AND if still after a server restart your character is still stuck, it's because of a major bug that is currently being worked on.
      -
    30. Aion.bin not starting / Nothing happens after I hit "Start Game" on the GamezAion Launcher.
      Antivirus/Firewall causes this, try setting an exception for the whole Aion folder, or uninstall the software if the exceptions don't work, the game should work with the NCsoft launcher.
      -
    31. Falling to death / "I've got no floor"
      -
    32. Quests giving "Load fail! message"
      Server-side issue, it's being worked on, no way to fix it at the moment.
      -
    33. Nothing happens after I accept the terms and conditions.
      Check if your client is at the same version our servers are, and if you need to apply a downgrade to be able to play with us, if the version is fine the cause is probably your antivirus or firewall not giving access to the Aion client to connect to internet, try setting an exception for the whole Aion folder, or uninstall the software if the exceptions don't work.
      -
    34. Screenshots are not saving on \Aion\Screenshots\, where are they?
      They are in one of these folders depending on your Windows architecture:
      Code:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\NCSOFT\Aion\Screenshot [B](if 32bit)[/B]
      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion\Screenshot [B](if 64bit)[/B]

To avoid this and have your new screenshots go to the normal Aion folder, you can either the UAC (User Account Control) or just run the GamezAion Launcher as administrator (Right click > Run as admin), if you want to disable it completely, download this, run it, apply it, restart the PC and try again.

Information: Downgrade NOT required
    Gamez version: ~4.5.0.26
    Retail version: 4.5.0.27
    Link: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/176760

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Dreadlord, Camila, Smartik1 and 13 others like this.
  2. Ayaria

Ayaria α ℓ ι ν є ❤ Forum Legend

Gonna give this a small bump~ :3

3. Legaias

Legaias Love Hurts

Thanks Guille :)

4. topgunjr

topgunjr Nonsense Forum Legend

Awesome SAM :D thnx

5. shuhada

shuhada Proficient

Ty for thiss bumps #like #nice #good :)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

6. Kretia

Kretia Fabulous Pink Zombie Baguette

Thanks Guille!

7. reaserx517

reaserx517 New Member

How about the RD module error?

8. ianleocolcel

ianleocolcel Proficient

awesome guide... common bugs + how to fix it.... :biggrin:

9. Guille

Is not it "Failed to initialize the game"?

10. reaserx517

reaserx517 New Member

i cant fix the This program is unavailable in your country T_T

11. Guille

How to fix that problem is the number 1 of this thread, if you can't follow that I could do it for you through teamviewer

12. reaserx517

reaserx517 New Member

i had fixed the RD i downgraded it now my problem is the This program is unavailable in your country T_T sorry for the bad english thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

ok wait ill DL it

- - - Updated - - -

done its my ID

13. Guille

Gonna need the password (for teamviewer) as well, post it and I'll delete it, I don't think you are able to send me a PM with only 3 posts

14. reaserx517

reaserx517 New Member

thats my id

- - - Updated - - -

this is my pass

15. Guille

Problem found: client not fully installed (200MB out of 26.6 GB)
    Hope you get a new internet provider soon

16. TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog Expert Forum Legend

Hello Guille,
    Can you check please the Aion.bin in your package.
    -
    Bin32/Aion.bin

Its from this guide, topic 10.
    it shows for a friend some errors, while starting aion with it, but using my copy works fine.

*Update*
    tested it myself and i get the same crash, works fine with this Aion.bin file
    -

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  17. Guille

Link updated, forgot to delete that Aion.bin, it was the one from Aion 4.5.0.6 v

Applying the Downgrade should fix that as it has the 4.5.0.8 Aion.bin so it would be replaced xd

18. TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog Expert Forum Legend

But if you moved that aion.bin after the downgrade, like in my case, you get the errors ^^ but good you Updated it. Thx for the hard work !

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

19. Wesley07

Wesley07 New Member

Guy, I update my client and i can play only in a official server. I can't play in another server. I need to do downgrade to play at gamez aion?

20. Saruayu

Saruayu - Forum Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.