1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PING and then some..... VPN ?

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by nicolas0707, Jan 31, 2017.

1. nicolas0707

nicolas0707 Expert

Hi, i was wondering if it is ok to talk about ping and VPN's or will it get me banned :) anyone wants to talk about VPN i have few questions i would like to discuss or ask :)

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

Nothing wrong with it, you won't get banned for it.

nicolas0707 likes this.
  3. Katansin

Katansin Proficient

I'm in Florida USA an I want a better VPN and ping now my is 59- 90

4. Alexmaxx

Alexmaxx My life my Problem

Currently gamez does not have a VPN, authorized by staff members

5. Smartik1

You don't need staff authorization for a VPN, it is just a means of making your connection to the server bit more direct, same as any other ping reducer. It is perfectly fine to use a 3rd party VPN.

tigrutza likes this.
  6. Alexmaxx

Alexmaxx My life my Problem

I know, but if it is not approved by them, when a player makes a guide, they leave a message
    '' The following program is not authorized by the staff members, any player who uses it is responsible for each one ''

7. tigrutza

tigrutza Lysse

I really don't think that VPN will help you reduce the ping.. I don't wanna take your hopes tho..just as I know the only way that VPN will give you reduced network latency is with better routing vs. non VPN networking ..But I doubt it will make something because VPN as all type of proxy services will make it worse will bring additional latency because of the VPN service itself.

But..try .

nicolas0707 likes this.
  8. Smartik1

Always depends on the quality of the service itself. Generally free public VPNs and proxies are heavily overloaded, making the connection speed pretty pathetic. Paid services or more dedicated ones tend to give better results.
    All this basically means is "don't bother us with your issues with this program, not our problem". It is a disclaimer, it does not mean you can't use it.

tigrutza likes this.
  9. tigrutza

tigrutza Lysse

Well , what are your questions about it ?
    Maybe somebody will give an usefull answer for you.

10. nicolas0707

nicolas0707 Expert

well thts good to hear, yes i am aware that it depends on the ISP and service itself, but in general would it help if i get paid service for it, see before i had 4Mbps connection where i was getting ingame ping of 320-395 ping using reducer. recently i have upgraded my connection to 10Mbps (attached speed test to chicago) and still i am getting same ping, so i was wondering if it would be worth trying to get a paid VPN service for gamez, ofc i will test it out 1st but just though maybe out here some1 has idea if it would work or not or help in anyways.

Attached Files:

11. Smartik1

What's your ping without a reducer? Anyways you can always try VPNs with free trials or moneyback guarantee before testing out paid ones to see if there actually is a visible benefit.
    https://www.geckoandfly.com/20747/best-vpn-gaming-no-lags-0-packet-loss-reduce-ping-ms/
    https://www.bestvpn.com/best-vpn-for-gaming/

12. nicolas0707

nicolas0707 Expert

my ping without reducer is anywhere from 400+ to 600+, with reducer it stays under 400 , anywhere from 320 to 370 at normal times.
    yes i found vyper vpn too, tht sounds promising and i had a lenthy chat with their tech online too its a 3 day trial i can try so i will give those u link and vypr a whirl this week end see which i find effective.
    though it is strange , before when i was using 4Mbps i was getting same ping and now am using 10Mbps am still getting same i thought it would reduce atleast a little like 250-270 maybe but naa ;P

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    tigrutza likes this.
  13. Erika

Erika New Member

Well, I Love to play online games, and I had 10Mbps Connection and using VPN for gaming everyone knows why to use VPN. When I test my speed, it getting a ping of 150ms – 200ms. Its depend on many things which are connected with each other like the internet connection you have, servers you’re playing on, Gaming VPN you are using. Anything below 100ms is considered fine. I don't prefer to use free VPN for gaming or even other uses because free VPN is limited. I prefer to buy VPN why not it should be cheap, but it should be paid version because paid VPN providers entertained you with better services.

14. yasoooooo

yasoooooo Proficient

free ping reducer programs dcd every 2 mins right ?>