1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Please add function to change race

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Korra2, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korra2

Korra2 Proficient

I wanna go to asmo but I can't change my race. Can you guys add this function on website? :C

@Puddles @Lautaro

2. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

That's difficult as there are many items in game that are race specific, and the games code for defining races goes very deep... It's not as simple as just changing a few numbers and "Poof". You'd have to change a whole lot of games mechanics.

3. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

There is a cheap way that was used in the old days, but think it still works. Make the opposite race on the other server and use server transfer. Once you have at least 1 character of each race on the same server, you can make chars of either race (and move gear through account warehouse).

I agree. The most obvious things that would be an issue are character appearance (can't be shared) and race based skills. The items themselves can actually be worn by both even when they are technically race specific.

OliverStylez likes this.
  4. Korra2

Korra2 Proficient

I can transfer but transfer still isn't 100% fixed yet (I confirmed this with a GM) so basically it's not a guarantee my character will be transferred. Plus I have all my kills and GP and fuse (well not atm anyway xD)

5. Smartik1

Well the logic of being high ranked asmo because you...killed a lot of asmos feels weird :) In any case it is easier to move an existing character of the race across a server than it would be to try change race. I do understand the issue of not wanting to lose fused weapons though. Sadly, due to the ridiculous number of possible combinations their item IDs are not actually listed anywhere so we can't remove trade restrictions on them.

6. Korra2

Korra2 Proficient

I don't wanna waste credits in case the transfer fails. :/

7. OliverStylez

It most likely won't fail. You will lost almost all your stats and GP and AP.

Pretty much guaranteed to start over.

8. Smartik1

Don't they refund this kind of thing?

He wouldn't lose anything as the char would be freshly created on the other server with nothing on it.

9. Korra2

Korra2 Proficient

I don't know o;

10. Kessie

Kessie alis volat propriis Forum Legend

In that case HGMs can refund your credits if you contact them.

11. Korra2

Korra2 Proficient

If I have both asmo and ely on the same server, can I create another asmo on the same server without having to transfer it again since it's dual race?

12. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

Yes you can.

13. Kessie

Kessie alis volat propriis Forum Legend

Yes. As long as you have at least 1-1 of each race.

14. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

It actually is as simple as "poof" via gm commands. The only race-specific items of importance are the plumes. Then you have weird shit like the lvl 50 theo/brusthonin campaign wings (lolwhocares) and whatever else low-lvl blue garbage exists from ancient versions that nobody should care about.

They can be "worn" but if you remove it you can't re-equip it. Race based skills don't exist ever since 4.8 and they could bundle a plastic sugary ticket with the race-change service (god forbid for free)
    They do, but as far as i remember it has to be done manually.
    Yeah, that's why people do it 90% of the time

15. bertings

bertings Proficient

Why Admin dont allow players to create both faction in one account?, In the other server i played before, i can create asmo and ely in one account, i think Gamez can allow it too. but it depend on how admin wants to pleased their player.

16. Lautaro

Lautaro Gamez Co-Founder Forum Legend

There is just too much race-specific data that would require to be switched in order to get a feature like this working, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

Your best option, as mentioned by @Smartik1 is to transfer a character of the opposite race from lumiel using the transfer service. If the transfer fails for some reason, your credits will be refunded (usually within 24 hours). The refund process is manual, but we do check for failed transfers every day.

OliverStylez and Nueve like this.
  17. OliverStylez

I know that GM's can alter game data with commands. However, to make a function like this... (See below)

This is more or less what I was going for, and Lau hit it on the nose.

18. wolfik332

wolfik332 Expert

lol go on lumiel , create asmo there and transfer it to siel ... if transfer fail your credits will be given back lolz .... and it wont fail for sure ... then you will have dual race and all you need to do is lvl up asmo toon and transfer items via account warehouse ... unfortunately fuse will be lost and you have to find another one you cant do anything about it.

19. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Same way the webshop works with //add <itemid>, your char will be buggy cause it will have old quests, friendlist and possibly legion but it's not rocket science, just a messy result.

OliverStylez likes this.
  20. OliverStylez

I don't think the creator of this thread was looking for a quick solution with a messy / buggy result, therefore I wrote my reply with that in mind.

I think most people know that there are ways to change race with a command function. Certainly anyone who plays and mods PC games like I do understands that most any game has a command console if you only know how to access it, and how to use the functions. But getting a bug-less result from changing things that aren't supposed to be changed is much more complex than simply typing in a command. Especially if it's to be done for more than one person.

Now that the writer of the thread understands that, and a GM has answered him as well, I think it's safe to say this thread can be closed unless @Korra2 has more questions on the topic???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.