1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quiting the game at 250 AP

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Klauda, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Klauda

Klauda New Member

I tried so hard to adapt to the changes made to the AP monster scaling and failed in the result, leaving me a bad taste in my mouth.
    I played different classes got them to lvl 63, got 250 AP and 339 DP and im done, the difficulty of this server is way of the charts even comparing to the pay2win retail.
    The changes that has been made in may this year just created a incredibly high wall to jump over for newbies. What it did was made aakman, hystria and other semi-hard spots useless for anyone who is not at least 300 AP. It pushed the playerbase away from these spots because they are too hard and dies too slow in comparison to other lower AP spots for pretty much same income and this completely messed up the balance of the playerbase that farm those spots.
    What do i mean by that is, nobody is doing* hystria, aakman or spots like Gyfin, and instead of going there majority of the playerbase below 280 AP is doing low AP spots like wolfs, pila ku, Sherekhan, Cadry, Gahaz and even bashums, this is ridiculous. A high AP players with AP over 260 are competing on spots that supposed to be for low AP players like on retail, because they will do more silver there than murder themselves over aakum or hystria. All spots are taken and there isnt really a place to go, as a low ap guy you get 1 shoot by everyone at the spots you should farm on.

The wall is especially difficult to come by at 240-250 AP, on this AP you supposed to farm aakman and hystria without any problems like on retail, but on this server the balance is pushed it to the point where you only do half of trash that you supposed to do on retail, this is INSANE. Not even guardian or witch succ helps, i pitty everyone who is playing other weaker classes because they will barely do it at all on this server.
    And sure i could get better gear no problem, guess what? I have already pen weapons, armor, 5 lvl caphras on the weapons and the only thing that needs to be bought are accessories which are the most expensive in this game, you understand where i am coming from now? I already hit the wall with pen equipment, i cant farm effectively aakman and hystria spots because they are too hard and i do more money on lower ap spots, but guess what? EVERYONE IS ON THESE SPOTS so i cant just get my AP any higher because accessories altogether cost 50 bil.
    This AP scaling change effectively took mid-AP spots away and made them virtually useless to do, only masochists will do them and its pretty shit.

So thats why i am leaving the server.

nobody is doing* - i know there are few people here and there but its just a fraction of players what it is on retail.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

Oh boy here we go... #Grips Popcorn :D

3. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

full pen and only at 250 ap, that's weird don't you even have a blackstar/nouver wich capotia acc?
    it's easy to complain but some cap aren't meant to be reached in a week or two.

As for your complaint i guess what you were talking about is the valencia questline being removed, i'm not realy sure but since all you complain about is "difficulty" without giving any good exemple
    i guess you're just mad that you either lack the knowlegde to enhance or like you said "lack space to compete" wich is funny cause i'm pretty sure there is plenty of space and server to go arround, maybe you're the type of guy to get his spot taken and then keep coming back wasting his time rather than just switching from arsha to go ch2 just because you don't wanna lose on the arsha buff to grind.
    this is all an assumption cause as i said all i see is tears and not facts.

We all had to go trough the progression system now grinders have it easyer with the current "Fever" and everyone else has it less better with the fact that you can no longer abuse valencia.
    What i'd recommend is to get all the stack from the Season char (without rage enhancing or using big stack for nothing), make everything TET get all those 60 FS and then just build the 15-20-30FS
    yourself then from that point i'm pretty sure you can easily get some enhancing done.
    As always when you enhance you should aim for failing rather than succeeding, don't overstack, slowly build FS up and then enventually you'll get there ;)!

Also if you rather buy your gear than enhance i guess the jokes on you.

4. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

Bro why are you talking about valencia questline ^?

Lmao???

But yes the nerfs in mid tier ap spots are in fact a wall for new players. Its literally ungrindable if you dont have 290ish ap
    So if you are a person that does not intent to do any lifeskilling and only grind, sadly i will grind for a long time at pila ku or other shit spots

i do believe the main reason for this is to keep premium selling. as you dont have to deal with the absolute crap of junk loot that drops from hystria and aakman. but i could be wrong.

I would love to see those places getting nerfed to be actually grindable but i dont believe this will ever happen.
    Even the block problem took 3 years to get fixed, Imagine this.

Klauda likes this.
  5. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

I mentioned the valencia questline cause as he said he feels like hes stuck at 250ap and complain about having to spend 50bill on acc wich is ridiculous, just enhance your gear go abuse the fever and if you know where to grind you'll make a realy good ammount of money it's that simple.

6. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense to his complain, it's unrelated. He is talking about something different. He is talking about the monsters having too much HP, which is true, farming for Capotia is way harder now thanks to Waragon elites being harder to kill than Star's End monsters, Hystria and Aakman monsters like Aakman Elite Guardian, Vodkhan, Tukar Balten and Elten take at average, more than 8 skills of my ninja to confirm the kill at more than 300 AP.
    I had to farm with a friend to get her Capotias because Waragon Elites now take 1/3 of the damage they used to take, I had to use all of my most powerful skills 3 times to kill one, which in the past was only 1.
    Thanks to these changes these spots are dead.
    And some people hate enhancing and prefer to farm the silvert to buy the accesories, it's more time consuming but hey, it's their playstyle

desertkatze and Leroox like this.
  7. Klauda

Klauda New Member

The questline or any quest in that matter is not a problem at all i have all main quests done all till stars end questline.
    What i am trying to tell is, on this server having 250-260 AP you are hitting a wall that forces you to grind low AP spots instead of spots that you supposed to do on retail. With all pen gear an capotia the highest AP you will get is around 260, which on this server is still not enough to do the spots designated for these AP brackets and this in itself is completely ridiculous.
    I should be able to farm aakman and hystria without any problems whatsoever on 250-260 ap bracket, especially with 339 DP but it feels like fighting gahaz elites. The mobs not only takes ages to kill, but also hit like a truck, it shouldnt be like that.
    The AP scaling completely destroyed the balance on these AP brackets which are one of the most important brackets in the BDO. The softcap and presoftcap AP brackets are the most important ones, they require much more grind per 1 point of AP since the only way you could climb your AP at this point is by buying or enchanting accessories which are the most expensive stuff way more expensive than armor and weapons.
    Monsters being twice as strong makes the grind even more ridiculous and tedious than it is on retail server, and what is even stupidier is the fact that doing aakman or hystria on my AP i will not even be able to hit the farm and silver i did in retail, ON PRIVATE SERVER.
    So thats why im going to leave once my premium runs out.

desertkatze likes this.
  8. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

I do think those spots should take a lot more dmg, makes no sense having a 300ap person still not being able to grind there, Wtf is this?

Klauda likes this.
  9. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

i havnt personaly reached that late game spot for grinding but i find it weird that you it's not the same as on retail when it come to those balance changes, if it's a bug you should probably report it.
    If it isn't a bug then i'm pretty sure they use the same config as on retail for that area otherwise we would see a lot more complains and also the new fever buff is strong enough to make lower ap spot good enough to make a decent ammount of money i'd recommend you try those and see what's works best.

10. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

^what you are saying makes no sense. also please nerf hystria/aakman, its ridiculous that i have to grind pila ku jail until i hit 261 to go stars end

11. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Monsters here have the same base stats as retail with an exception to hp. According to some of my guildmates who used client mods in the past to calculate hp #s, some monsters have 5% more hp, while things like aakman and hysteria have something like 30-40% more hp. I can't confirm that much anymore, though, since gamez no longer supports mods. What I can confirm, however, is that damage is definitely similar to what you can do on global lab.

Bashims isn't a money spot. Cadry drops tons of rings and pieces to make into rings, so you can get yonas for capotia accessories, Sherekhan and wolves are good money spots also done for infinite pot pieces, and pila ku is a decent money spot that you can do at low ap for black spirit claws for blackstar weapons or to sell for money.

The real reason nobody is doing aakman or hysteria at those ap levels is because they don't have enough dp to survive there. There is no aggro cap on this server, so you can pull an entire room of mobs at once and that makes it harder to survive when your dp is too low. Gyfin is a 5-man 270 ap zone. It's not meant to be solo grinded by anybody, and is an even more poor example to list in your rant.

Only level 63 and 250 ap? Level 5 caphras and full pen gear besides accessories? Bud, your account is 3 and a half months old. You had caphras vendoring for at least 2 months of that. That's 18b silver. 18b silver is enough to buy you two pen crescents, a pen ogre, or a pen crescent and a pen blackstar. Even if you chose to keep all of that caphras for yourself, this is what softcap gear without caphras investment looks like:
    upload_2020-9-23_20-26-53.png

You can get that in like 2-3 weeks of play, if not less if you're smart. That's more than your current ap and is easily achievable.

We've had seasonal servers for over a month now. That's plenty of time to get a bunch of pen stacks. You should have at least 1 or two pen accessories floating around as well as be level 64 or higher on all characters you intend to play. Level 64 is achievable in literally a day or two just by questing and doing valtarra training with exp buffs.

If you had saved and used your caphras on all your gear from all these months of play instead of selling it, as well as made at least one cheap pen accessory from seasonal stacks, it would look like this:
    upload_2020-9-23_20-33-0.png

That's cake to achieve, and it's a better gear score than 90% of people on retail have.

251 ap with kutum/264 ap with nouver is the first wall people hit, but it's not hard to overcome at all. It just takes a bit of patience, which you really seem to lack.

There was no ap scaling change. At all. The only thing they've changed again and again is the damage formula, and that's because they've been constantly trying to crack retail's exact damage formula. It's gotten better and better over the years. Judging from your start date, I doubt you would have even experienced any of that. While afk money making has gone down, so has the price of accessories. Pen Ogre ring used to be sold out and cost 60b. Pen crescents were 20-30b a piece, sold out as well. Pen ogre is 10-12b now, and pen crescent is 7-8b. Pen blackstar is cheaper than pen kzarkas used to be.

Your post reeks of entitlement and makes you sound really sour for not being able to grind in hysteria on a 250 ap character. Hysteria is a 270 ap zone. If you can make more money at lower tier spots, then good. Go there instead. Instead of complaining, keep grinding. You'll progress smoothly if you put the effort in.