1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RIP Horse EXP Rates it's not x5, it seems to be x1 now.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by RevelationsOn, Aug 7, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I will put in my "2 cents" on this topic, aside from the USUAL "trollish"-behavior from the all to common players, this does seems to be plausible.

I am not saying that the rates aren't x5 for Horse training, but I HAVE experienced some WILDLY changing training times. Some months ago (not quite sure but think it was 6) I could train 4 T7 horses overnight from level 1 to level 30, in ONE night (roughly 10 hours). Then after the big update (not the lastest) I had to spend nearly 3-4 days (FULL days) online in order to train the same batch of horses to maximum level.

The last update changed this luckily, but it is still taking me about 2-3 days to train four T8s to maximum level, where I could do it in one to one and a half days before. I never got the impression that it was something completely wrong with the system, just thought that it was done because the "trolls" had cried and moaned and complained so much about Horse Training being a problem compared to SD'ing.

So all in all, I get why there was a change made to the Horse Training rates, but it does seem to be a problem for the players who actually LIVE their lives as opposed to the ones who think that a computer-game is a good substitute for living. So I would also like to know where this trend is heading, would be REALLY nice if we could once again get an answer from the Staff of GamezBD :)

I already know that there are some players out there ready and more than willing to "shoot down" my addition to this post, but as always they are merely "trolling", and should by now have had at least a couple of warnings (hopefully).

2. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

In my opinion, the problem is that "the game" aside from grinding monsters is incomplete when compared to retail. Or maybe just different, but not necessarily in a good way but in a way that appears to be that the emulation doesn't work quite right. E.g. fishing hot-spots - hot-spot rotation and trading (specifically Imperial Trading) are two that I've experienced. Another issue that I experienced in GBD is my character "sliding" off my ship when I fish from my ship, eventually ending overboard.

So if this game wants to be more like retail and I can understand that; that can work too if done well (in fact it would be fantastic if the game mechanics worked exactly the same as retail excepting some of the quality of life stuff that GameZ has pioneered into the game) but there's still a ways to go.

In my view as a PvE player, if I want a dependable PvE experience where most things work as intended I still prefer retail, however I see that there is a place for a BDO emulation that can work but still needs some polish.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    loboram likes this.
  3. Archtyr

Archtyr New Member

Horse EXP rates are nowhere near 5x.

Retail:
    Merchant Wagon Horse training gives for each horse 370-378 EXP/tick - with no other bonuses except 10% from Value Pack.
    Gamez:
    Merchant Wagon Horse training gives for each horse 1344 EXP/tick - with no other bonuses except 10% from Value Pack and 30% from Premium (no idea how to disable that to test for the real value).
    Once you subtract the 30% Premium bonus from the above value and compare it with the Retail value it shows less than 3X .
    Either this has to go to bug report or the server rates are being incorrectly advertised on the website.

In case anyone has doubts about the Retail Value here are some test SS taken today 09/01/2020 :

2020-01-09_96690692.JPG 2020-01-09_96711676.JPG 2020-01-09_96731590.JPG 2020-01-09_96755393.JPG 2020-01-09_96783941.JPG 2020-01-09_97524320.JPG

loboram and Toenail like this.
  4. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>

Thanks for the data, I don't have retail installed so I can't test it myself. Did you record how many second per tick for both retail and Gamez?

5. Archtyr

Archtyr New Member

Yes, I only used an external stopwatch to check if there are any noticeable discrepancies, so human errors are to be included. In both Retail and Gamez the time between ticks had values varying from 20.xx sec. to 21.xx sec while using a merchant wagon.

loboram likes this.
  6. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>

Got it, thanks again.
    In my opinion this can be posted in bug report as well.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Yes please...if you have the data then by all means make a bug report so they can get it fixed as soon as possible :)

8. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

@Kolka 3x avg horse exp

i remember we have nerf really long time ago probably first times eu server so maybe they forgot to update horse exp rates but i know we had something like nerf to horse exp

9. aotmasters94

aotmasters94 New Member

Any News on this?

10. Ellorgil

Ellorgil New Member

Go back to fishing you lazy person :p

11. vagabond13

vagabond13 New Member

According to info we have 2900% exp training, plus 30% premium horse exp or value pack, training clothes, scroll exp, all the things that we can use to get exp in our imagination, because ingame horse training none of the listed before works, counting the rest of the nerfs/bugs it is normal that ppl stop playing/donating, quit and go back to retail.

12. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

Just to make it clear horse exp rates are %300~400 now and horse prices has been increased 3x with archer update so we have 9x~10x horse exp rate

loboram likes this.