1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

(Sea content) Bartering only possible with single character

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sylaise, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylaise

Sylaise New Member

Bug Name:
    Can't Anchor Ship for Bartering
    Bug Description:
    The anchor button near bartering NPCs isn't showing up, making bartering impossible.
    https://imgur.com/a/7a7DqjX
    How to reproduce/proof:
    I've no clue how this bug happened.

2. Sylaise

Sylaise New Member

Relogging, transporting or repairing the ship didn't fix the issue.
    But I was able to fix it by temporarily removing all the sailors aboard my ship. This made the menu working again.
    And that got me thinking, I've been using the ship for Vell on a lv49 alt for a couple months and there have been no random sea event which decreases sailor's health. The last time I got such an event was when I was bartering months ago on a lv 66. So I suspect the sailors got bugged somewhere down the line, either to a server / client synchronization mismatch or some patch broke them.

3. Mathemagics

Mathemagics New Member

Bug Name:
    Anchor Menu Not working
    Bug Description:
    Some of my characters are unable to participated in sea bartering, because they do not get the <ANCHOR> button when next to an npc barterer. Not getting the anchor button prohibits my character from getting to the explore/supply/barter options.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    This one is odd. Some of my characters get the anchor menu when on a ship and next to a barterer, and some characters do not. The ship doesnt seem to matter, same exact ship with same cargo will work for one character but not for another.

eval24 likes this.
  4. Mathemagics

Mathemagics New Member

I'm having a similar or the same issue as you, I wrote a separate bug report. In my case, I have specific characters who are not presented with the <anchor> option when they approach a barterer. Some of my characters can barter no matter what ship they are on, and other characters cant barter from any ship because they never get the option to anchor.

5. eval24

eval24 New Member

It helps when you repair the game (force check) but EVERYTHING gets reseted (like UI, shortcuts,etc.) .. screenshots,music gots deleted.. thats not really helpful, would need a fix I think.

6. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

Bug Name:
    (Sea content) Bartering only possible with single character
    Bug Description:
    A commonly reported issue is that "Anchor" menu does not appear on alt characters, and the workaround is to delete "Cache" folder.
    However, while that works and allows you to change bartering "ability" to whatever character you approach a barter point with, it will from that point stay at that character. And if you switch back to the character you were doing barters before deleting "cache" folder - he will lose the "anchor" action until you restore the deleted folder again to reset the state.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    For example you have a main barter char with master sailing + artisan barter skill levels, then delete cache and switch to any level alt <50lvl or >50lvl (does not matter) with prof/artisan sailing, and 0% bartering. Then "anchor" menu appears with this current alt from now on, but it will be gone from the "main" char.
    So in the end, bartering is only possible with 1 at a time, which makes Hakoven island runs take more time than just using 2 chars.

Note:
    It's possible that this issue will be resolved with new content update (since sea content was updated few times on retail and we didn't get any of those updates yet).

7. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

eval24 likes this.
  8. wewladboi

wewladboi New Member

Has this issue been fixed? My alt still cannot see the Anchor icon although I have done the prerequisite quests and is above level 50.

Edit: I went to the same NPC with my main character on a Bartali Sailboat and the anchor icon would not show up either :S
    I had completed succesfully a barter a few hours ago on the same NPC but with an Epheria Sailboat

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

close game and delete Cache folder in game folder and it be fixed

10. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

Happy to see this got actually fixed in v.3205 (still wasn't working in prior version v.3078) even without clearing the cache (at least for my account)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.