1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server rules/guidelines?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by FuRiouS, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Are there any? I have looked on the forums and discord but find nothing. Im sure we are all aware of the common sense rule of no cheating, harassment, bullying, racial slurs but In game some of these are broken consistently, mostly the bullying, racial slurs and harassment.

This post http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/start-banning-people.215464/#post-2110231 from a staff members states to report players but where is the guidelines on what to report? What to look out for? What is considered ok and not ok within the game? BDO retail for the last 2 years in NA and EU have pretty much been a toxic cesspool but the devs/GM do no tolerate any harassment or racial slurs including some using filth in their names.

So far I have seen overwhelming racial slurs in open chat its getting a bit outrageous. Some of the vulgarity has even bleed into these forums. Back when I played GameZ Aion I remember there was rules in effect on the forums against swearing as well as trash talking (bullying) but seeing some recent forum post here in the BDO section im guessing there is no rules to this any longer?

Anyways, I believe there needs to be a Rules web page if not a forum thread to clearly state whats not allowed IN game and on the forums, thanks. If there is just a page or post It sure isnt easy to find.

armasgash and DoomRabbit like this.
  2. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

Currently the rules for AION are more or less the ones which are to be adhered to for all the servers.
    As far as what to report you are welcome to report things with in the current server guide lines (again aion rules)

A web-page may be made as you said, however we need to first finalize the particulars for BDO itself and how we are going to be handling them if they will be any different from how we are handling things with AIONs rules. Which @Noyah and I are working on currently with her pooling certain information for me as her time permits.

Vulgarity on the forums can be reported with the 'Report' button.

I would say that there are some things which we will glance over here on the forums. Swearing and Trash Talking? As staff we tend to only step in when things go far beyond a certain point. If there are things which you or anyone feel need to be addressed differently you are always welcome to send a PM to any of the forum Moderators (@Lareldal @Noyah @Puddles @Koala) and we do our best to remedy the issue.

3. armasgash

armasgash Getting there

Totally agree with you friend. This situation has become increasingly recurrent in this game, where certain groups feel increasingly supported by the GMs to insult, harass and humiliate other players. Either because they are women, they are not rude like the others or they just find it fun to do and undo without respect for anyone.
    Such is the case of the Playhard Legion, which have been repeatedly denounced not only by my person but by many others, with screen capture tests, videos, witnesses and here after denouncing for their gross, vulgar, sexist or Racists do not get any results since they are supported by Noyah precisely.
    The worst of all is that after a short time they only intensify the facts: they chase you in mixfight, they use cheats in 2V2 duels, they sabotage Guardians, they chase you when you revive on a map attacking a person by part of 3 or more of they then do it just tell you in your face: "You are not so Pro" or "Come back to report us in the forum and you will see"
    Then he returns to denounce, with a photo and everything and the only thing that Noyah herself says again "just block them" my question is: How do you block when they offend you, they chase and abuse? Because you turn a blind eye every time it is reported and of course you come and use the option to report to the GM but it happens: Nothing! Clearly because who collects the report is Noyah herself and "self-evaluates". It is as if a corrupt police self-accused the penalty for their crime.
    For this reason this server is running out of players: there is no respect for the rules and the abuse is allowed, there is no control of the situation and it is not a lie at any time that this happens repeatedly.
    To finish and prove my point I can assure that the people I defend will be abused again by this legion of rude, experts in using cheats, modified suits and montoneros. Which will show again that my point is valid and nothing is done about it for the same.

4. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

I know for a fact that racism is always punished by Noyah herself. This behavior is not encouraged or supported by her or any other staff. Just block them is usually the response if the complaint is simple toxicity, without the racism, for example, as that is what the function is for. I am not sure what you mean exactly by the "chase and abuse" issue though. Don't misunderstand me, I just mean that, for example, spawn camping, to my understanding, is not possible in bdo because there are three places you can respawn. If I'm wrong, I would greatly appreciate correction from other staff here :) There is also a function in black desert online that allows a person to continue playing the game without risk of pk by others when they use a character level 49 or less. This works at bosses and any grind spot, as long as your gear is strong enough for said occasion. I understand the frustration, as it frustrates me as well, but it comes down to the rules and which apply to each situation.

5. DoomRabbit

DoomRabbit Getting there

Some of the players in question have in game names such as Ni****, and worse lol. They are still quite active. I won't make an assessment of everything else the individual above said, as I have no idea.

6. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Okay, names like that are not allowed for sure. It's best to file a player report on them so it can be taken care of. :)

7. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

First of all you're talking about another thing while this thread has nothing to do with AION. Secondly, considering the fact that you've been told several times to block these people. If they switch to another character just to harass you, take a screenshot with your block window open. However, you've chosen to ignore the clear instructions on how to properly report a player who is harassing you.
    In another report of you, there were also few screenshots that was taken during Mix fight, where you can't really tell who is who because everyone has the same name, Figther.
    Now, the question is, do you really expect us to ban players when the proof isn't solid? If you really expect such a thing from us, I'm sorry but it will not happen.
    I believe the easiest way is to blame the staff members if your plan didn't work out.
    Racism is never tolerated, especially not by me. Show me a screenshot with racist comments that has been reported and denied.

Bunnicula and DoomRabbit like this.
  8. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

A separate Black Desert Server Rules is highly required. Aion rules cannot be implied to different games since there are diverse aspects of functions involve.

9. Noyah

10. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Just like to point out.
    Spawn camping in BDO is part of the game. PvP "can" be harsh in this game.
    Killing another player over and over and over is part of the game as well.
    In game pvp'ing is not the same as harassment/bullying unless it involves personal threats/bullying within the in game chat system.

You are allowed to flag up or war on anyone you wish in the game and kill them at any time for however long you wont to. What I would like to see is stated rules in place against whats said in game chat as I would expect some sort of decency and remove this childish racist/sexist garbage thats currently been going on in server and say chat since I started this private server.

11. Noyah

People aren't getting banned for spawn camping. As you said, it is part of the game.

12. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Was pointing it out as there are a lot of people that think being killed by the same person 100+ times is considered harassment/bullying which isnt unless it bleeds into back and forth chat messages which may get ugly.

13. armasgash

armasgash Getting there

I was assigned for work and I have not connected until now. So I will clarify several points: first block them is useless because they call it by normal and even by alert. Causing negative reactions on the one hand and general refusal to this. EVERYBODY knows that they are supported, rude and they are in a mix, they report and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens.
    Next I pass the photos of the report that I made the last time I reported this situation. Find a translator and read the great words of these rude people that you do not see. By the way, these are just the 10 photos that allow me to set up ONLY ONE OF THE MANY TIMES I'VE POSTED COMPLAINT. Because there are more photos and the same thing does not happen. This is just ONE spwan in a single mix of many that occur daily, and the same situation.
    What do I expect? Well that things are done as they should be, stop supporting the abuse to see if this server goes as it should be:

Aion1395.jpg Aion1396.jpg Aion1397.jpg Aion1398.jpg Aion1399.jpg Aion1400.jpg Aion1401.jpg Aion1402.jpg Aion1403.jpg Aion1409.jpg

14. Fendi

Fendi ♔ (っ◔◡◔)っ Forum Legend

I feel your frustrations dude. Ever since MIX began, spawn camping has always been an issue to some players. Unfortunately, MIX does not really have strict rules in regards to spawn camping. You are basically left on your own to figure out ways to get around people like that, who are petty and enjoy doing shit like that. We all know this game can get super competitive but spawn camping is just the lowest of low you can do to your fellow players. This has been an ongoing issue that has been overlooked. Maybe, if you recorded multiple videos of this happening, the staff might reconsider about implementing rules in MIX. Most of the staff are not actively playing the game, if you provided them a visualization of what is happening, maybe they can do something about it. Screenshots are unfortunately not the best.

15. Noyah

If that's what you think, I will not try to convince you otherwise, it's not worth my time. No one will get banned when the proof is not enough to judge whether or not the player is harassing you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.