1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide Setting GPU profile for Gamez since BlackDesert64.bin is used to run a game

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by piotrkefas, Dec 2, 2018.

1. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Since one of september patches Gamez is using BlackDesert64.bin ( or 32 on diffrent OS) to run the game. GPU profiles are set by default on .exe files so making GPU enchantments for .bin requires some research.

Here is how it can be done on both AMD and NVIDIA:

This is a guide for for setting up L2.bin file but it apply to all games running with .bin - AMD cards - https://community.amd.com/thread/210939
    copy pasted below (edited for BDO):

Some games (most of them MMORPGs) don't have an executable (.exe) file. Usually, the game starts from a launcher.
    As Radeon Settings only recognize executable files, here's how I manually add non-executable games settings to the driver.

- Locate the BlackDesert64.bin file in your game folder;

- Make a backup copy of it;

- Rename BlackDesert64.exe for BlackDesert.641.exe before changing bin file cause it will give an error.

- Rename BlackDesert64.bin to BlackDesert64.exe;

- Open Radeon Settings, go to the "GAME" tab and click "+Add" to manually add BlackDesert64.exe.

- Go to "C:\Users\ur username\AppData\Local\AMD\CN" and edit the "gmdb.blb" file with notepad.

- Change the "exe_path" from BlackDesert64.exe to BlackDesert64.bin. You can also change the title. Just make sure you are only editting the line corresponding to the game you want manually add.

- Save and close it. End Radeon Settings proccess through Task Manager and start it again.

tips.

1. To change file extenction go to Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options -> View Tab and then Uncheck the " Hide extensions for known file types "

2. Don't forget to rename .bin file again from .exe to bin after it's done. As well BlackDesert641.exe back to Black Desert64.exe

3. AMD GPU profile and Free-sync works also in Borderless window mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For NVIDIA You can use "Geforce 3D Profile Manager" to add non executable files to the driver's profiles or use Nvidia Inspector.

Vladl95 and Omocha like this.
  2. Vladl95

Vladl95 New Member

Great guide, was looking forward for this one ! As an amd user, no matter that I have a strong gpu, I can`t stop the stuttering, but this setting together with some tweaks at cpu afinity and priority helped me a lot !

3. wagnous

wagnous New Member

Profile "BlackDesert64.bin" UserSpecified=true
    ShowOn All
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "BlackDesert64.bin" UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1057eb71 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    EndProfile

I used this with Nvidia 3D profile manager and it works perfectly. Nvidia users can use this.

Kao8077313 and Puffery like this.
  4. Kyrillos

Kyrillos VI

and how to use Nvidia Profile Inspector to enhance the game for GPU ?

5. Lerend

Lerend New Member

I cannot find a way to do it with NVDIA :(
    Can you tell me step by step how to add gamez to the nvdia control panel?
    Thx

6. Xyio

Xyio New Member

Most likely he is talking about the Geforce 3D Profile Manager, since in order to import a profile in Nvidia Profile Inspector you have to make file with the .nip extension and the text in it if u open it with notepad would look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <ArrayOfProfile>
    <Profile>
    <ProfileName>BlackDesert64.bin</ProfileName>
    <Executeables>
    <string>BlackDesert64.bin</string>
    </Executeables>
    <Settings>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Preferred refresh rate</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>6600001</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>1</SettingValue>
    <ValueType>Dword</ValueType>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Vertical Sync</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>11041231</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>138504007</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Power management mode</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>274197361</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>0</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Toggle the VRR global feature</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>278196567</SettingID>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>VRR requested state</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>278196727</SettingID>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>G-SYNC</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>279476652</SettingID>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>G-SYNC</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>279476687</SettingID>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Enable G-SYNC globally</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>294973784</SettingID>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingNameInfo>Threaded optimization</SettingNameInfo>
    <SettingID>549528094</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>2</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    </Settings>
    </Profile>
    </ArrayOfProfile>

It's clearly different than the format that @wagnous mentioned. Those are some of the settings I have manually changed according the famous reddit guide "The Ultimate BDO Performance Guide" sauce https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...imate_bdo_performance_guide_july_2019_update/ if you would like to try them out yourself, create a file and name it to whatever the profile name would be called(it's not important, just for u to remember example: BlackDesertBin64.nip) and make sure that the file extension is .nip after that open it with notepad and copy paste my text in it, then with Nvidia Profile Inspector you can Import the profile and edit the values yourself or keep them as they are. You can download Nvidia Profile Inspector from here https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector

As of now I can't confirm that it actually works because I tried editing the frame limiters to 30fps but still get 60fps, looking at the Geforce 3D Profile Manager I have never used it and don't know how we can import a bin file there, there is this youtube guide that looks handy will look into it

I have tried editing the BlackDesert64.bin file and renaming it into an exe file as suggested but the changes did not take effect at all since Nvidia Control Panel doesn't care about the destination, it cares about the file name, so when we have to revert back to the bin file name it makes it all pointless because the changes will never take effect as long as we are launching it and using the bin file, which we always have to.

I'm curious if @Kolka or anyone tech-savvy has any information or leads to give, it would be nice if we could optimize our game

7. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

Does this still works on amd? When I do this on mine and restart the radeon app the game is not there anymore. Can anyone help me?

8. WeirdWood

WeirdWood New Member

For Amd all you need is to make a shortcut file for blackdesert64.bin, then point to that shortcut when you add a new game profile. Hope that'll help you, cheers.

9. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

I managed to do it on radeon, but my ingame fps is still capped at 60 for some reason.
    Thanks for the help btw!!!

10. Traidor12356

Traidor12356 New Member

I'm having some problems againg uncapping my fps, can someone help me?

11. ArchDevil

ArchDevil Getting there

I know it's an old post but did you perhaps knew what was the solution.

12. Xyio

Xyio New Member

Hello yes I do, been inactive for a long time but now the solution is much easier than before well for Nvidia gpu users at least I dont know how it is for AMD ones.

For Nvidia users the way to add the BlackDesert64.bin file you need to launch the game at least once, then open Nvidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3D settings, instead of Global Settings Tab go to the Program Settings Tab one and select "Add" button and Sort it by "Recently Used" you should see the "Gamezbd/bin64/blackdesert64.bin.exe" program in the list, select it and adjust the settings to your own choosing.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    ArchDevil likes this.