1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Resolved [SOLVED] Cannot Launch Game - Game terminated with error code: 0xC0000005

Discussion in 'Problems' started by iSpextor, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iSpextor

iSpextor New Member

Hey guys.
    After not having played since 2018 I have decided to return to GamezBD. I had no files left of BDO, so I installed the entire game through Torrent as instructed. Installed the launcher, that AIO Package from the Settings and restarted as well.

Once I login, select EU and press Start it opens theh AntiCheat. It shows "Launching Game.." for a bit, then it closes itself and throws me back to the launcher. The background opens a Window telling me this:

[22:38:24] Starting game...
    [22:38:26] Game terminated with error code: 0xC0000005

I have looked for this Error all over the place and applied any supposed "fixes" that have been provided elsewhere but absolutely nothing has worked.
    What I have done:
    - Added Exceptions in Bitdefender of my Game Folder as well as the GamezBDO Launcher Folder
    - installed the .exe version of GamezBDO Launcher and tried launching through there
    - did a memory check through Windows
    - I have the newest Windows 10 Version (Ver. 1903) and newest Drivers
    - deleted UserCache folder in Documents\Black Desert
    - several Force Checks through the Launcher
    - disabled any possible overlays (Discord, NVIDIA, etc.)
    - deleted the BlackDesert.exe in the game files
    - deleted the GamezBD folder in Appdata\Local
    - deleted my (probably old) Black Desert Folder in Documents

I would love some help so I can get through this D:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. truebark

truebark New Member

Hey!
    I had the exact same issue before.
    The game force closed and then this error three times on startup.
    I did fix it by deleting my GamezBD documents folder, force checking twice, then restarting and it worked again.
    Maybe turn your pc off, keep it off for like two minutes (actually disable the power), and then start your PC.
    I know it sounds super dumb but it helps me sometimes as last out.

loboram likes this.
  3. iSpextor

iSpextor New Member

hey thanks for reaching out :)
    I have tried what you described. Even though I don't have a GamezBD folder in Documents, I still had my "Black Desert" Folder so I just went ahead and deleted that one entirely. I also Force Checked and tried Starting, no luck. Restarting also won't help :(

4. iSpextor

iSpextor New Member

Still not working :/ Please guys ._.

5. SSGalichina

SSGalichina New Member

hi dude i had this mistake in the morning
    1.add an exception to the antivirus
    2. delete the gamezbd folder in your documents
    3. restart your computer

6. iSpextor

iSpextor New Member

Hey, I don't have a Gamezbd folder in my documents in the first place. Besides, I have already added any possible folder related to BDO to my Antivurus exceptions. No luck :(
    (Edit: I have also tried deleting the entire GamezBDO folder in AppData\Local as well. Nothing..)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  7. iSpextor

iSpextor New Member

Hey guys. I reached out to Kolka and he solved my problem so I am posting this here for other people with this problem:

Turns out Bitdefender is a very aggressive Antivirus and even if you disable everything and add exceptions, it still won't let you do anything.
    Uninstalling Bitdefender and using Kaspersky Free with an exception for the game folder instead, worked splendidly.

Seems like this Error is related to Antivirus blockages. Thanks everyone for trying to help out and Kolka for providing a solution! :)

loboram likes this.
  8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Thanks a whole bunch for this answer and solve @iSpextor, hopefully it will help out others, but just one last thing...nowadays the Windows defender is more than capable of dealing with virus threats and malware, it used to be a necessity to have an anti-virus on previous windows builds, but as I said; nowadays it really isn't needed anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.