1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Strange behavior from fishing hotspots

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Lovecraftian, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Lovecraftian

Lovecraftian New Member

Not sure how it's supposed to work with GameZ but usually once a fishing hotspot spawns in retail, it's around for more than 20 mins. The hotspots I've been hitting (as soon as I see them spawn) last anywhere from 3 minutes to 5 seconds... Is this intentional? If so, seems a bit rough having to move every 5 seconds from one to another just to cast one line...

Toenail likes this.
  2. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Yes! I detected this too, although I haven't actually timed it. On retail I'm usually able to get approximately 4 rows in my inventory for each hotspot (4 x 8 = 32 fish) before it stops, except for Coeleanth which is same and no issue with that.

I hope it's re-adjusted to "normal" behaviour eventually. :)

loboram likes this.
  3. vagabond13

vagabond13 New Member

When I started playing here it was with fishing, I came to guru18 and confirmed that it was not worth it, I have not fished again, call it adjustment, bug, nerf, whatever, after seeing this dynamic in many aspects of the game for more of a year, having played year and a half in retail before coming here, it is very clear what happens, it is a matter of confirming it day after day.

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I have Never experienced a Fishing Hotspot disappearing is less than a couple of minutes, I Have however seen a fishing hotspot in the distance and made my way there, only to get there just in time to throw my line out once before it disappears, BUT in those instances I have no idea for how long they have been active Before I noticed them.

So while I do experience some bugs when it comes to fishing in general, and especially droprates, it isn't a game-breaking bug collection yet, although it does detract from the yearning to actually go fishing at all.

I do hope that the fishing in general will be fixed on the next big update, or at the very least the droprates, since I can only imagine how hard it must be, to balance the need for the players to be able to catch things as seaweed for quests, and still somehow give the players the boosted droprates that they advertize.

Toenail likes this.
  5. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Ok, I had a chat with Kolka on Telegram, and first of all I'd like to say that it's great to be able to talk with staff on Telegram. @Kolka, I really appreciated you taking the time to explain the numbers. It makes sense.

After testing fishing in GameZ, I like it.
    There are differences with retail to be sure, however there are some real plus points as well (btw, this is the result of my own observations and not with the conversation with Kolka on Telegram).
    Most of the hotspots I experienced around Kuit Islands, Balenos Islands etc was between 4 - 8 casts, the advantage over retail is that while I could pretty much bank on the 4 - 8 casts, the hostspots spawn a lot quicker/more regularly than they do on retail.
    It just requires a small adjustment to how I fish and I get results faster than on retail too, because I think the rate of getting a bite is slightly faster on GameZ (but that maybe because I'm Guru 10, whicle I'm on the lower Guru spectrum on retail).
    So, overall its good and I'm happy with how I need to adjust to fishing here. Very viable.

loboram likes this.
  6. xanikar

xanikar New Member

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but velia seems to not drop any blue fish having a muuch lower chance of catching fish compared to hiedel. Again sorry if i am just ignorant or stupid but i could of swore back in the day velia use to have the same kinda chances to catch blue/gold as hiedel. Will delete this if this isn't a bug, or is intended, just seems odd i can catch 15+ blue fish in hiedel before i can catch a single blue fish in veila.

7. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Velia doesn't yield gold ... not sure about blue, but it hasn't for a while now; however the hotspots we're talking about are those spots that have the leaping fish and the circling seagulls out at sea and around the islands.

Somethinglovely.net can show where the hotspots spawn (roughly). People who do active fishing from a boat will utilise these spots. Helps if Trade is leveled up as well to get the desert buff.

8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@xanikar yeah I know exactly what you mean...It used to be that fishing-hotspots would produce both Blue and Yellow grade fish, more blue than yellow, but nowadays I haven't caught ANY blue fish in hotspots at all.

In fact I am in general having a really hard time catching Large (Blue) Fish, even when using a fishing rod and lure specifically designed for that. BUT I do understand the difficulty in balancing the high drop-rates with the loot-tables actually needed so the game can function as it should, meaning that fishing should be able to yield white loot such as seaweed and such, AND blue/yellow fish at a higher drop-rate without screwing everything up :(