1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggesting client load drop to launcher fix be added to errors/solutions (see inside)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WeedTaXi, Dec 22, 2019.

1. WeedTaXi

WeedTaXi New Member

@Noyah
    Suggesting that this fix be added to: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbdo-errors-and-solutions.210464/
    The reason for my suggestion:
    At the time of me figuring this out, I searched the forums and only returned one forum post at the time which very briefly mentioned this fix but it was buried. The fact that the fix I have mentioned should be added to the aforementioned suggested link is because it can fix some unnecessary stress while also making aware that this could be looked into and maybe remedied depending on what the code is doing.

Problem: After updating the game and ensuring the launcher and all other files are updated in accordance with GamezBDO's servers, one will need to click "Start" within the GamezBDO Launcher thereafter Smartguard overlays the launcher and then switches to the message that it is launching the game client. The problem then presents itself after these steps by closing Smartguard and not launching the game client but then prioritizing focus on the GamezBDO Launcher window once more.

Possible cause: Since the first files being loaded when one presses "Start" from the GamezBDO Launcher are the files necessary to detect potential hacking software being loaded while playing the game through Smartguard, I believe it not to be the client itself but the hooking process which occurs between the Smartguard anti-hacking software being utilizes and the passing of server information to GamezBDO servers by pushing it to the client.

Why I think this: The reason being is because Smartguard is displayed within Windows Event Viewer as being "initialized successfully" and has "started successfully" (each in their own event reports) but the "termination process" of Smartguard is what then returns within the Windows Event Viewer to have "terminated abnormally" (a 4th report which is the only problem being displayed from the Windows Event Viewer) from Smartguard. Exit Code "0x80000003" is what is presented in this "terminated abnormally" event report and typically understood as an abnormal or incorrectly configured system file/misconfigured system file; however, in this case it isn't that because if one disables "Advanced Threat Defense" from "Bitdefender Total Security" one can then enter the game. I believe this is due to the advanced heuristics scan which "Advanced Threat Defense" utilizes within "Bitdefender Total Security" since "Advanced Threat Defense" utilizes it to detect and prevent zero-day threats along with suspicious behavior on top of the Antivirus scanner itself -- "Advanced Threat Defense" is like an expansion that further amplifies protection against new threats which the Antivirus itself may overlook.

About the attached file: The file shows what can be enabled while the only option that must be disabled in order to play GamezBDO is "Advanced Threat Defense". This, of course, is after necessary exceptions has been added to the antivirus scanner and approval for the game to also be passed through the firewall within Bitdefender Total Security. Overall, the settings provided in the screenshot allows me to play unless I enable what is shown as disabled within the screenshot.

Extra info that may further help:
    Smartguard Build #46783be is being used.
    Bitdefender Total Security which is updated daily is being utilized.
    VPN is not used when playing the game thus is completely disabled.
    GamezBDO version and Client version: 2220
    GamezBDO launcher version: 1.0.7275.12645
    Region connecting to within launcher: US

Attached Files:

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Yeah I am not sure what this is all about but it seems like a way to lessen the Safe-Guard making it "easier" to run software that will affect our client/server protocols, although I must admit that I am not an expert in anyway in this subject, so I may have gotten it completely wrong. The thing is that the game works as is, just like it is right now, works for pretty much all players, and sure there are problems sometimes -I know from personal experiences- but it is surely not a really common problem this you have described, otherwise a lot more players would simply be unable to play at all, if not all of them.

3. WeedTaXi

WeedTaXi New Member

Yeah your response is completely off from what I am talking about. Please read again but this time without skimming. :)

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I know that...however I suggest you read my reply once again, especially the first part :p

Also it would be MUCH better if you make this into a Conversation and address it to the Developers; Carl and Kolka, that way it will not attract unwanted answers like the one I gave :D

You just mouse-over your forum name at the top of the page in under to start a Conversation :)