1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion]Class Tournaments

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stark, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

What is class tournament?
    A tournament to be fought by players of the same class (i.e. Assassin vs Assassin). Since a lot of people are saying X class facing Y class is unfair which I agree to some extent, I'm suggesting to host properly scheduled and official tournaments for each 11 character classes.

How does it work?
    Host is to gather 16 players of 1 certain class and have them fight 1v1 battles. Winner of 1st elimination round gets to advance to 2nd elimination round then semi finals and championship.

Things that I'd like to suggest to make this tournament a lot more interesting and fun (in my opinion).

1. Fights in 1st and 2nd elimination rounds to be best of 3 out of 5. Semi Finals and Finals to best of 4 out of 7 This way, we can decrease the chances of someone winning/losing because of good/bad RNG(luck). It gives way for people who gets to deal with bad RNG in the first round to turn the table around and win the fight.

2. No godstones. The use of any kind of godstone on their weapon(s) to be banned from the tournament. Godstones are the most game-breaking item Aion has that regular player have access to. Some people argues that godstone is needed for a certain class to beat another. While I do agree that for example, the only winning ticket templars and gladiators have against spirit masters is godstone (that's of course considering that we're talking about equally skilled and geared players) but it still doesn't erase the fact that godstone is a game-breaking item. Moreover, the tournament is to be fought by players of the same class so the previous reasoning becomes invalid here.

3. Additional rules for skill/buff/build usage (from most important to least important)
    - No use of any DP skill for all classes.
    - Spirit Masters to be prohibited from using any type of Fear and Spirit Substitution / Command Bodyguard.
    - Rangers to be prohibited from using Sleep Arrow.
    - Elyos Assassins to be prohibited from using Radiant Rune and Spelldodging. Asmodian Assassins to be prohibited from using Shadow Rage.
    - Asmodian Sorcerers to be prohibited from using Boon of Quickness.
    - Clerics to be prohibited from using Resist Magic manastone and using Immortal Shroud
    - Asmodian Chanters to be prohibited from using Aetheric Field. Elyos Chanters to be prohibited from using Word of Spellstopping. Asmodian and Elyos Chanters to be prohibited from using Word of Quickness.
    - Templars to be prohibited from using Iron Skin.
    - Gladiator to be prohibited from using Wall of Steel.
    - <Insert Songweaver suggestion here> - I can't think of anything for this class as I haven't played it for real and definitely haven't played it to fight the same class.
    - <Insert Aethertech suggestion here> - I can't think of anything for this class as I haven't played it for real and definitely haven't played it to fight the same class.
    - <Insert Gunslinger suggestion here> - I can't think of anything to prohibit in this class to make the fight more interesting since DP skill has been mentioned above.

4. No changing of stigma build during the tournament. The stigma build you're using from the moment tournament starts has to be the build you will use until it ends (the one you're currently in). Feel free to change stigma build for another set of tournament.

Additional Suggestion
    - It would help a lot if Aion Masters are to be given access to cooldown reset command. This could help a lot by removing the wait time between each fights. I also think Aion Masters deserves that much trust otherwise, why give them a chance to be an Aion Master Trainee and even more letting them pass the training to become a regular Aion Master if you don't trust them anyway? I believe that finding out if a person is trustworthy to become an Aion Master is part of the training process. If it's really not possible by all means, then let Senior Aion Masters handle this event. If they don't have access to the command then please do give them. If someone is to make trust the reason behind not doing this, then I don't know why on earth would you make someone a Senior Aion Master if you have so little trust on the person.

If you think a GM would risk being kicked from the staff, being humiliated and being banned including his/her legit account(s) then wouldn't it be better if you find out such a person in your crew as soon as you can so you can get rid of this person quickly? If this person do want to abuse his/her authority as GM then I believe the person could and would abuse it through other means.

Schedule
    The first schedule I've thought is this; Tournaments to be held at 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of each month. At the end of the month 30th/31st is the monthly finals. Who will participate in monthly finals? The top 4 players from each 4 weekly tournaments which makes it 16 players. In February (unless it's leap year), we move the the monthly finals to 1st of March.

The problem with this schedule is that there will be only 4 weekly tournaments each month while there are 11 classes. The solution to this is either hiring more GMs or have each GM host multiple tournaments. There's also the possibility of the same person winning or having a place in a tournament more than once which would create a conflict for monthly finals participants. We could make it so that if a person has win or gets a place in a weekly tournament then this person is not allowed to join another weekly tournament from the same month but this would make it a bit hard to get participants, I think. If that's the case then just forget the idea of having a monthly finals.

Time is also another thing that needs a lot of discussion. Which time of the day would be best to host the tournament? Should the host just start a tournament when he/she thinks there would be enough participants? Or should we have a fixed time for it? We could make a forum post with poll about this or do an in-game observation as to what time of the day, which time zone has most players online which could fit the time to start the event.

We could also have players register through forums. You have 1 week to get 16 players of a certain class to participate, I think it wouldn't be impossible to pull it off. The thing is not every player uses the forum but when you look from another point of view, it's also a chance to encourage them to join the forums through in-game announcements.

Maps
    The event should be held in maps where players will always see each other as enemy PC even they are from the same race. This way, no one will have to rely in Duel if the fighters happen to be from the same race. It's also for uniformity reason, to make it so every fight is going to be the same way, and not kill each other only when they are from different race then duel if they are from the same race.

Prizes
    Make sure that it's worth it. You have to consider that some people might buy weapons just for this tournament or trade their current weapon with godstone for a weapon without one.

Another thing to spice things up

Make some sort of Hall of Fame or something through forum post where winners of each class, of each weekly and monthly tournaments are recorded (from 4th placer to champion). You can even have this posted on the website.

Everything that's written here is of course subject to change. These are just my suggestions based from my personal opinion of the game. Feel free to add something or suggest to change something as long as it's for the better, as long as it's going to make the tournament more fun and interesting.

vesiinabox, neo77, Llama and 3 others like this.
  2. kingquasi

kingquasi Moderated User

Still unfair...

i better like if...
    [(Arbiter set) vs (Arbiter set)]

DarkestNight and Glory like this.
  3. Aniline

Aniline Expert

So what if the other one is lower geared, its a matter of skill anyways a shedim glad does have a chance to beat an arb one for example.

4. Bordy

Bordy i am chilleriest Forum Legend

Gear is gear, you got no arb then tough luck. It's just common sense, if you feel like you can take it to the next level without having arb then go for it and if you feel the other way around then join maybe next time when you think it's time. Anyway, geared or not, win or lose, bottom line is, there is nothing to lose but only to gain.

5. Momo

Momo Arrogant Member Forum Legend

Come at me Gladiators, let's have some PvPinatas

Bordy likes this.
  6. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

This things needs another game management adjustments since it takes time and needs to have an allotted time with corresponding interval.......

Since we have 11 Classes, we cannot cope up the whole event in a single day or a week...... We need time for this, I hope the Author have figured out the specified (NEEDED) time to be allotted on this event..... If he has, then this will sticked................

Hoping so........... :eek:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. Stephen

Stephen I always chill bruh

This would be nice, and will be broadcasted in all of Atreia that @BeastiesDecoyAccount is our primary target.

@topic would really be nice if this will happen, people will the chance to view that tournament in some of kind of portal where the event is held. and will be broadcasted in both factions, who are the players, this will be fun, people will try to be on the event coz of that oppurtunity, the fame bruh

8. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Too many duels per class, like what ... around 75-80? I don't think even Kretia would bother hosting a 10 hour "event" where he watches clerics outheal eachother's puny dps.
    Nobody gonna remove their godstones and change manastone sockets just for one event.
    Some of the skill restrictions are odd (why prohibit bodyguard/spirit sub when it's sm vs sm and they can remove it, sleep arrow is ..just weird, aetheric fiel/spellstopping is weird)
    How is it that with so many restrictions and such to remove "rng win" there's nothing about gear?
    Even on siel it's hard to find 16 players of the same class online at the same time (unless it's glad, gl getting 16 AT's tho)
    Cleric, chanter and songweaver fights are gonna be really, really, really, really, really fun to watch...no, just joking, that shit gonna take a month.

I do like the idea of a class tournament but this just seems impossible to do.

Ayaria and Glory like this.
  9. Llama

Llama The Drama Llama Forum Legend

Good idea but as what Grrr typed above, it's really an impossible to do event. Though who knows, it'll might happen. There should also be a fair gear for the newbies' sake, it'll give them a chance to join and enjoy. A temporary gears should be provided, and if possible no WoC2 lol

10. Stark

Reason why I posted it here. To find out the flaws and come up with solution for them through arguments/discussions.

If you read carefully, it's supposed to be weekly event. If you have an event that runs constantly every week with good prizes, I think it would be enough reason for people to keep a weapon without godstone to be able to participate on it constantly. Besides, you can't really remove godstone, you can only replace it. Manastone is not even a problem.

The skill restrictions for each class are there for the sole purpose of making fights more interesting and fun (I will repeat, in my own opinion). The same way that we find it "meh" when two gladiator are dueling and are using Wall of Steel or two templars dancing on each other's disco ball.

Some of it has other purpose. Sleep arrow, a ranger who knows how to bury debuffs understands the huge advantage a ranger can have fighting against another ranger once one of them gets to sleep the other first. I can't find it an interesting fight if the basis is going to be who get's to land Sleep Arrow first. Spirit Master fights where the 2 players aren't restricting any strengthens this point. Who gets to fear first is most likely to win.

As you mentioned, one of the long fight will take place in chanter class thus the prohibition of using 10 minute cooldown shields.

Gearing up in this server isn't hard at all. RNG is something no one has control over while gear is something that everyone can have. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of way to be equally geared, to get the endgame gear but there is no way to make 2 players equally lucky.

It doesn't always have to be 16 players, you could start with 8 people, even 4 if it's really getting hard to get participants. If it gets worse, you simply cancel the tournament for that certain class that you couldn't get enough participants for and move on to the next class. If a tournament for a certain class keeps getting canceled, players will eventually catch up and probably create of a character of that class because there is an open opportunity to win something.

I do understand that it is a bit complex compared to regular tournament but if you keep it a permanent thing, people will try to learn how things will work and finally get used to it. The same way that people tried to learn how to vote for the server properly because there is something to gain.

11. Grrr

If it is the way i understand it (mostly the part about 1 person winning twice and not being able to participate) it's weekly per class. That makes the event's availability once per year or at least 2 months (there's absolutely no way you'll get 11 gms to host this every week forever and ever, not to mention this removes the "audience" since they might be on their own events if this is run simultaneously) As for the lower numbers like 8/4, it would lose its prestige if you enter the event and you're suddenly in finals cause there are no people.

Fair enough, remove the shitty 2.0 sleep nuke combo from sorc as well in that case.

To add a suggestion instead of appearing completely negative : make a gear rule that everyone should wear BM (cause it takes 2 days to make with alts) or something else to eliminate the disbalance. It's supposed to be about skill, not time spent voting/donations/afking your sin in survival jackpots. That way people won't have to constantly resocket their main gear every time they want to join. Oh and add block/parry/evasion sets to the no-no list since they are rng based.

12. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

But my only pvp set is a MR set :eek: Cleric fights will be an absolute bore fest btw >.> especially if its heal build vs heal build.
    There was this tournament thingy where 2 HB clerics had to duke it out, eventually the GM had them strip their gear and fight naked lulz :rolleyes:

13. Grrr

With less damage and almost the same healing values, oh god which one's bright idea was this ??

14. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

Lol don't remember who the host was, it was quite some time ago, but ye even naked they were annoying to watch AND took some time for one of them to go down >.>

15. neo77

neo77 Proficient

the idea is good, i would love to see this kind of event rolling some time.
    but the approach in regards some skills is kinda.. odd

16. Stark

Having 11 GMs was just one of the solution there could be tho it's unlikely that we'll have 11 GMs for 1 server. I just had to mention it as one of the existing options. AMs can always host more than 1 class tournament especially if they are given the cooldown reset command, it's going to be a lot easier and faster.

Turning the table around after getting hit by Sleep Arrow and then covered debuffs followed by burst is hard given that leather classes are the most squishy class in the game while having high burst damage. Unlike sorcerers, rangers don't have stone skin or soul absorption to keep fighting and win after the scenario I mentioned above. On the other hand, countering sleep on sorcerer vs sorcerer fight is much bearable and making a come back after getting slept first is likely to happen. What I'm trying to say is that the sorcerer's case is different. In ranger fights, the one that gets hit by Sleep Arrow first is likely to lose. In Spirit Master fights, getting hit by Fear first is also likely to be your lose but in sorcerer's case, getting slept first isn't as bad as the other 2 classes since making a come back has a higher chance on this one class.

That's a pretty good idea as well considering that it's easy to get the gear while being decent on it's own.

When it's cleric vs cleric, they should take off just the following equips (armor, pants, shoulder, optional: shield). I had the same case before where I hosted a tournament and 2 clerics ended up as a match up. The fight took so long so I decided they should take off gears that gives PvP defense minus the boots since you need it for kiting and the gloves for faster casting speed.

Which one exactly is odd? I will try to explain the reason why I suggested it.

Also, I would like to make it clear that this is just a suggestion. I'm not asking to implement it exactly as I wrote it.

17. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

I don't know about the whole SM vs SM bodyguard as it is just about completely useless because Dot damage goes through anyways and it can be dispelled. Fear is a yes however. For songweavers? Its actually nothing too gamebreaking between them unless you want to count their two instant DP nukes. I like the idea if the kinks can be worked out.

18. kingquasi

kingquasi Moderated User

Best if all participants use a starting gear, no weapon fuse, no adds, no godstone.. . only manastone build up!!

19. neo77

neo77 Proficient

just restricting class specific skills overall is just odd, i mean whats wrong with AT/SS? thats what those classes are meant to do dodge stuff and get their spirit take the beating. considering is class v class skill restriction should not apply since both classes go kind of even, not like as it was a sorcerer vs x class (cc lock) and sit on delay+nukes

kingquasi likes this.
  20. Stark

Skill restrictions are there to make it more fun and interesting. Will you find it interesting to watch Spirit Master class tournament where the one who gets to land Fear first is most likely to win? Not to mention it makes the difference in ping even worse since the people with lower ping is faster and is likely to land the skill first.

Another reason is to make the fight shorter without affecting the over all fight that much. One example is the case of chanters. If they are both able to use Word of Quickness and 10 minute cooldown shields, the fight is going to take way too long because those skills can technically bring the already long fight back to square one.

And what you mean by AT? I take it that by SS you mean Spirit Substitution but what you mean by AT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.