1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Revision distance of spells with cast time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Razor, Aug 11, 2015.

?

Lower the revision distance?

1. Yes

84.6%
  2. No

15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

Hi. This suggestion is all about changing a game mechanic that is boon to the attacker and bane to the attacked in every situation it kicks in. This could be classified as a nerf to casters, however in my opinion it will improve the overall feel of the game and perhaps everyone is going to be happier at the end of the day.
    So what's this about? Well, if you didn't know, ranged spells can only begin being casted within the range shown in the skill's tooltip (be it 12, 25 or 40m). However, once the spell begins casting, this so-called revision distance comes into play: it allows for the spell to not be cancelled ("target too far away") unless the target manages to run away at a distance equal to 12m + the one shown in the skill's tooltip.

tl;dr: If you're 24m away from me and I start casting Flame Spray on you, you cannot cancel it by running away unless you are 38m or more away from me by the end of the cast. Here's how it plays out in reality:

Now, what do I suggest? If you've been listening so far, obviously a decrease of the revision distance. I absolutely cannot say it is a good idea to completely void its effect (by setting it to 0m) because it was implemented into the game for a reason, but I believe 37m is a lot to run and in most battlegrounds/events it is impossible to pull off, simply because the fighting area / map isn't large enough. I would like to hear your opinion on numbers such as 4 or 6m (meaning you would be able to escape a nuke or a sleep by achieving a distance of 30/32m from the caster), as well as whether you support the idea in general.

As for the execution on the devs' side, changing these values is child's play so as long as everyone are fine with it there is no reason that it not be implemented.

Gilldartz, Louy, Shiyori and 6 others like this.
  2. Nehal

Nehal Ancient Halloweed Forum Legend

Cause it jewel :D
    I vote yes

3. Gilldartz

Gilldartz H¥þε.

Giving a bump to this thread !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.