1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Teleport Statues to PvP areas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vRisen, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you agree with this Suggestion?

1. Yes!

32 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. No!

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Added a poll to see what you guys think about this.

Basically, several teleport statues would be placed in both Pandaemonium and Sanctum and would teleport a player to a desired area in a certain map.

With this system in effect, players would not have to rely on rifts being open, or worry about rifts being camped.
    Zerging should be reduced, as more zones are opened up for players to roam.

Also, Silentera Canyon kisking should be re-allowed since there would be an alternative transport to Zergisson/Zergmaros.

We could also have more zones opened for PvP, like instance maps. I don't know about you guys, but I think it would be cool to PvP in Essoterrace.

1 person likes this.
  2. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Doesn't seem like many disagree with this. o_o

3. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

hehehe....

it's like a yo' dawg memes... so i heard you like zerging? so we put a teleport statue in pande/sanctum so you can zerg instantly.

good idea but not really... i voted no.

4. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I think teleport statues would prevent zergs more then cause them. Besides i don't enjoy those 7 min walks from ing to gelk just to see that the entire region is swarmed with zergs and that i should have stayed in sanctum.

5. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

i see some good points to the suggestions, 1 - you mentioned, 2 - if it's zergy in a place i could move to one place to another, like i said it's a good idea... but if this could get you to a point in map easily, i don't see how zergers can't abuse it too.

6. shouji13

shouji13 Giblet Gravy~

kinda like in heiron when the elyos zerg just flies from one village to the other. "whats that!? 2 asmos at obs!!??? EVERYONE TO THE TELEPORT!!!!!"

7. Feather

Feather Proficient

*Put gamez want to be retail-like excuse here, so no* Well, they use this excuse when its convenient
    P.S: I voted yes @_@

8. TheViper

TheViper Expert

ThaVipah aporoves :)

9. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

zergs will arrive sooner to their destination.

1 person likes this.
  10. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Esoterrace is an instance. If it bothers you, the teleport statues could teleport players to a "bookmarked" instance. So that there will be no mobs around.

I have Java experience and I'm very well versed in "how things work." I can tell you that this will be an easy project. Even for our developers.

Yes, I catch yo drift, but you're confused. There wouldn't be any PvE going on in Esoterrace. PvP only. ;)

Hmm. I thought you'd be one for this.

The reason that this will prevent zerging is this:

Most players don't want to run through a map to get to another map because they know what's waiting for them. Whether it's Silentera Canyon zerg or rift camping, they pretty much gave up trying to get to another map, so Elyos go to Zergisson, and Asmos go to Zergmaros.

Also, with this system, more zones will be open to PvP.

11. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well they haven't exactly lived up to our standards, have they? :/

I'm confused. Can you retype that part?

I'm guessing here. You're saying it's a bad idea for Elyos to have a direct teleport to Beluslan and Asmos to have a direct teleport to Heiron?

I think it's a fantastic idea. When you think about it, what is the ratio of elyos:asmodian in Heiron? How about Beluslan?

It could be a designated solo PvP map. I'd go there.

12. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

currently rifts appears 3-4 at a time so camping is "hard" , in lumiel the big zerg stays in ingi so heiron should be 1v1-able but somehow the elyos got enough zerg for 2 zones.Instead of asking the oh-so-bored devs to do something hard just make the rifting to eltnen (sigh yet again) as stated many times : lowbies got 3-4 hrs till 55 so ganking them is not a valid reason not to implement it.Kisks in silentera ye. the teleporter thing is kinda hard to implement.Oh and in case some1 *ahem* alente/carl *ahem* sees this , might aswell enable the teminon/primum shield but keep core force-field neutral.

13. vRisen

vRisen Banned

How about this? Teleport statues would teleport players to a specific location in a bookmarked Eltnen. Maybe Kaidan HeadQuarters (Lava Area) or Lepharist Construction site/Kuriullu Mountain could be designated areas. With this, the high-level PvPers would not come into contact with any low-level players or mobs.

They could also place walls at certain places to stop players from leaving. If the entire Eltnen map is open for PvP, then actual battles would not happen very often. If they force players to stay in a certain area, they would run into each other more often.

This is an amazing idea and it would give Gamez a "uniqueness" that other servers have. Right now, we're just a buggy private server with a large community. Let's change that.

It's not hard. They already have the template. All they need to do is add a
    Code:
     Spawn('CustomTeleportStatueID', X, Y, Z);
    to server start initializer, and give the Teleport Statues a few values of custom data, such as '220040000' for Beluslan, etc. I don't imagine that the Bookmark information is much different.

I think you guys need to stop thinking like, "oh, this will never happen, blah blah." This CAN and WILL happen. You just need to show your support for it, that's all.

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks it would be awesome to PvP in a Lava place, or Esoterrace, or even beautiful places in Verteron.

We have all of these awesome maps. How about we use them?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  14. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

From how "I" see it, in Gamez, people like to congregate. So, by putting up these teleportation stones to a certain enclosed area would just cause an inflammation, and the stones themselves to be waited near, or unfortunately camped. Yes, there's more than one stone, but it's like this.. There's 3 doors to a supermarket, most people take the middle door, which one are you likely to take?

Silentera thing is, I guess, okay.. but it'll be like how it used to be. Hundreds of people waiting underneath the drop, ready for Ely/Asmo to jump.

I voted yes for the sole purpose of change, and what I stated is only theoretical. I don't believe anything can make the current situation worse, even if it does just change the location of zergs.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Thanks for voting yes. As for the camping problem, I'm sure we could find a good location up on a mountain to teleport to.

I don't think camping will be a problem anyways. Instead of having four places to PvP, we can now have access to at least 10 areas in maps for PvP. If one actually is camped somehow, it wouldn't be much trouble to relocate to another area, now that nobody has to worry about getting there.

Another idea: the teleporter could also be made to only allow certain people in. Such as Solo-ers, groups, or alliances.

1 person likes this.
  16. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

It sounds good on paper, but the main problem I see with this is getting people to actually do it, getting people to stray away from what they're used to, and ultimately enjoy doing.

17. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Yeah. I think it might work though. Everyone flocked to Balauria when 2.5 came, they should do the same now, as long as they are informed properly.

If you guys have any ideas about what instances could be used for PvP zones, tell me and I'll record myself walking through it to showcase what it would look like. I've already done Eltnen/Verteron. I have to download a video editor tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.