1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggestions to make the server friendlier to new players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DOndee, Feb 12, 2020.

1. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

If you really read it, its meant to balance everything out even with premades. It doesnt make sense to queue solo and get into a group with 2 clerics vs a group with rangers and sins. If you queue as a premade, then taking your team comp in consideration, the system will match you against a similar group. Its about having the bg system compensate and promote fair play.

But then again, i guess you would rather capitalize on the asmo population during bg and be able to queue with the select few of the players that you want to be with vs a totally random elyos group. I dont blame you. If i lose as much in a premade being in the race with lesser population, i would cry for autogroups too :c

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Roo, xSugar and Farkle like this.
  2. Farkle

Farkle Blizzard

Premade group vs premade group
    Solo que group vs solo que group

3. xSugar

xSugar Jesus loves you ♥ Forum Legend

You do realize almost every feature in retail has premade groups right? The battleground Dredgion, Idgel Dome, Infernal Igdel Dome, Arena of Harmony, Iron Wall, Panestera, and Evergale Canyon are all premade groups. The game is meant to be played with friends and guildmates.

Farkle and DOndee like this.
  4. DOndee

And irl related issues are the reason why people choose to play on a private server. Because what difference does it make if you play here when all feature are completely retail? Whats keeping you from playing retail if the difficulty level of farming gear is around the same? Am i right?

xSugar and Mine like this.
  5. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Like what Noyah said, this going to be retail-like. We are not in retail.

6. Meliodas

Meliodas Proficient

If what they are suggesting isn't gonna happen, do you have an alternative solution?

OliverStylez likes this.
  7. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

Yes. You are right... When there are two thousand players online per server yes, that's definitely how the game works best... But this private server is so small and exclusive, that when you pitch pre-made groups vs new players and randoms, you'll never get a balanced match.

You probably don't understand because you haven't experienced it lately, but the exclusive guilds and friends in this game are small and if you are new or used to playing solo, there is NO WAY you can win vs all of the groups you want to be able to allow to go in as a premade group... So no. That short-sighted plan isn't going to work.

The original post was a sufficient start in the correct direction. When pop rises and more people arrive at end game, we can address the end game PvP

8. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

I don't have, but Noyah has.

9. SubZero

SubZero New Member

They wont do this because the it's the only playable pvp server right now, ofc they listen community and trying to game better but they earn money from this,if people get all items easily they dont have to pay premium,cash etc. so server will close anyway.Trust me if someone release a decent pvp server like gamez allllllllllll players even end game ones will go there. now that but because of they have one sided battle they dont do nothing.The only solution is wipe(impossible),or helping new players for not quit.
    Specially many people quitting after making their weapons pen and take all capotio accesorries (full capotio+pen weapons = 269 nouver) after that your gameplay will be total RNG,you get bartali failstacks,80 FS quest and if they work you continue,if they fail you quit simple as that.

Yea maybe if someone says 1-2 years ago,give new players something i would say NO,but this is an old game situation for an Mmorpg game so no one will say WHY ARE YOU GIVING ITEMS TO NEW PLAYERS WE EARNED FOR IT, trust me no end game player gonna say this because we want populated server,pvp,node wars,guild wars.Even all new players get full gear its ok for me but.IT'S NOT OKEY for developers because they earn money from this and i respect that

10. DOndee

This is Aion not BDO.

11. aski

aski New Member

Добавь те больше эвентов))))

12. OliverStylez

Nailed it.

13. Roo

Roo Guest

As I sat in game after completing my HM runs, I couldn't help but wonder. Why are VIP members beholden to the same cool down time for instances as other players. On retail a Prestige pass is the equivalent to VIP membership, which entitles you to low cool down times for instances. It would make sense if the same rules applied to instances for VIP member that apply to retail Prestige pass holders.
    Secondly for players without VIP, ideally a reset scroll should be made available as it is on retail-for specific instances, or a single scroll with a scroll down menu of instances eligible for reset. This would no doubt increase profits for the server and give players what they want, internally this would also solve the "shaded grey area" of-Bug abuse with regards to specific instances with higher usage.
    I urge you to please consider my suggestion and thoughts.

OliverStylez likes this.
  14. OliverStylez

I mentioned that earlier in a brief discussion with a friend. I think that's a really good idea... I remember using hundreds of EB reset scrolls in retail. It would be good to see those again and I'm sure you are correct... I think they'd be an instant best seller on the market.

15. jefff

jefff Proficient

majority of gamez players is pinoys right now.. why not bring the server closer to peenoise...
    no???
    k bye....

16. gunman

gunman New Member

Why is there no treasure box on the field map as before?

Putting legend etium in the treasure box will help new players and users to make legend gear
    It also makes many users active in the field

idk if this is abuse

OliverStylez likes this.
  17. OliverStylez

I wish i had said this. ;)

18. zuigetshu

zuigetshu Proficient

First of all on 6.0 we grind on instance Infinity shard for credits and yes we grind looting treasure boxes, i guess I disagree on BG rewards its kinda boost you guys alot +premade group well geared players vs low gear sounds bully here i suggest put the gear on site thats it if you want pvp server thats the thing on past version farm ingame farm credits = full gear

19. mousekiller

mousekiller ̶̶G̶̶L̶̶A̶̶D̶̶I̶̶A̶̶̶̶T̶̶O̶̶R̶̶̻̻̻̻̻̻̻̲̲̲̲̲

thumbs ups for this.

20. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Lowering Herelym Mine cooldown to 2-3 days is not an option, not at this point at least, but there are other ways to speed up the farming process.
    -Adding AP to bosses in all instances - In this case, bonus entry scrolls will be added to webshop as well
    -Adding BGs rewards to participants - Different rewards in smaller quantities
    -Adding treasure boxes - It hasn't been decided yet, but the odds of seeing them again tend to be more positive than negative
    -Updating stater items - It doesn't have to be better pvp gear, but items that will give new players a fair boost
    I have no intention of adding any gear that could be upgraded to the very best. Especially when others did not have this privilege and had to go through the whole process which took them days if not weeks. It would not be fair in any way.

Koro, Norsvold, OliverStylez and 5 others like this.