1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggestions to make the server friendlier to new players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DOndee, Feb 12, 2020.

1. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

AP rewards from BGs need to be increased as well.

OliverStylez likes this.
  2. Mine

Mine Proficient

What about the Cubic Lab, Noyah? Any chances that it will not only give gold cubic?

OliverStylez likes this.
  3. ghettogamer

ghettogamer New Member

good day i would like to suggest about events like battle of gods and guardian 4v4 that would have GP requirements
    because other players will create a dummy account after they join the event so of course they ruin the event no more exiciting so hope you make some action about this to make the events balance and more interesting to the players. thank you

4. Mine

Mine Proficient

Not all players can handle Auto-groups/GvG(2v2/3v3)/1v1 to gain the requirement GP if that is your suggestion. Some players join group type to gain rewards including GP. Right, we can advice them to go pvp in Openworld with some ppl pvping with Highgear items (LOL). That suggestion might eliminate future dummy, but this will eliminate future newbies in the game. Beside some dummies probably have more than 300GP, what exact range of limit of GP do you have in mind? only the 1-star above or Rank 1's near those GP can enter? Also, not all low rank are players are low geared, i see some players already have legendary/ultimate items using low rank(Rank 9 or 6) char, maybe they trying different class. Both race experience that problem, so i'm sure you're not the only one that actually disappointed with that part.

5. DOndee

His is not a bad suggestion TBH. If forts and altar sieges give bonus GP, then that would solve the newbie problem in joining BGs.

6. Mine

Mine Proficient

I agree in some of his point, but you have to consider, ppl cant play all the time in those specific time, 1am or 9am(PH time) some ppl can't join those sieges. I know some ppl can only play night not until midnight or just after lunch more or less 3-4hrs game time. Remember, if that kind of rule will be implemented, not only newbies will be affected with the rule, some old ppl will be affected. Players that "CAN ONLY PLAY DURING GUARDIAN/BATTLE OF GODS". Before the update, I can only play during those event time or i can't actually login in time, as if being afk/online will give them AP/GP but NO. So, it better to just report those you think dummies, I mean most of the Staff are online, I can see them playing in a different race that i'm playing but not all the time that their online ofc.

Lag likes this.
  7. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

I disagree. I do not think that using a GP filter would help pitch newbies together and experienced players in their own categories... Here's why.

1. If the determining factor as to who gets matched against who is a GP (lets call it a bracket), then certainly... Ranked players would be matched against each other. But, if there was no one in your GP bracket then you wouldn't get matched against anyone and you would miss out on the event.
    2. If someone missed out on enough PvP events, they wouldn't want to risk missing another event and would simply make a new character and put their old UDT on the new character, spend 10$ usd and get their old xforms and pets and scrolls and off to the races they go, pitched against other newbies in gear that isn't even +15 yet. Not fair at all...
    3. Also, again, if rewards given are the same across all brackets for winning, wouldn't it make sense for experienced players to make new characters with low GP to win in the lower brackets simply to win and get the prizes, once again making it unfair for new players and un-appealing.
    While I can see the issues with your suggestion, I honestly have no better suggestion of my own, but I can certainly tell from experiencing this EXACT phenomenon in a different game that this system DOES NOT WORK. AT ALL.

Mine likes this.
  8. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

I get what people think. They're not concern about the server or the newbies, they're just concerned about themselves.

9. DOndee

No one is saying anything about having GP as mmr system... Just a minimum requirement to enter BGs to avoid dummy queues.

10. Mine

Mine Proficient

[​IMG]

11. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Still sound like MMR system.

12. DOndee

How is it an MMR system when it's not going to be used as basis for the system to allocate you to whoever has approx. the same GP as you do? His suggestion is to have a minimum GP requirement to be able to queue for BGs to avoid having to deal with 1 afk/dummy account in your team. I mean... it's not that hard to understand but whatever floats your boat I guess. lol

xSugar and Chiv like this.
  13. OliverStylez

It wasn't my suggestion. It was your wifes suggestion and I was saying why it wouldn't work. I even said in my post, "I honestly have no better suggestion of my own" but you may have gotten bored and stopped reading before you got to that part.

14. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

That specifically suits you ofc. You're trying to suggest something which will only benefit you.
    5-stars vs 5-stars. Ye okay. Hope you enjoy 1v1 on guardian with the governor in asmo.

OliverStylez likes this.
  15. DOndee

She never said anything about using GP as an MMR system.
    I was referring to this post.

I pity you and your comprehension skills sometimes. I honestly feel that way.

xSugar likes this.
  16. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Why? Isn't that the thing you really want people to understand? Minimum GP requirement to enter battleground events.

17. DOndee

And how is that = to a 5 star only fighting a 5 star..?

Chiv likes this.
  18. OliverStylez

Okay. So lets say she didn't specifically say "GP". That's true... But, how ELSE would you divide new players vs experienced players? An abstract 'gear score'? That can change by taking a few pieces of gear off before the battle, and putting them back on during the fight. And what about stigma enchantment levels, minions, pets, and xforms that noobies may or may not have that certainly affect the fight to a greater extent that do not have a "gear score"?

Would you use AP? No.. Because then someone in full UDT could spend all of their AP and get matched against a new player that hasn't even done HM yet, or someone saving up to enhance their +15 Ancient could get matched against someone else who simply has a similar amount of AP and who may or may not have a MASSIVE gear advantage.

Would you use win ratio? What about those people who win or lose on purpose to tip the KDR in their favor so they just BARELY stay in the tier they want? (In APB Reloaded we call this "dethreating")

Would you use time in game? What about AFKers or people who have lots of characters but don't quite have the skill or ability to keep up with the rest of us experienced PvPers? Even worse... What about an experienced player with skill and friends in game who give him extra gear to boost him up so that he can play with the rest of the legion? He would then be grouped with the noobs, despite his obvious advantage...

GP isn't spent like AP. It is only lost during PvP when losing. It is only gained during PvP events and it was MADE SPECIFICALLY to display skill and PvP prowess for all to see. This system was developed for massive servers where gaining one rank meant passing hundreds of other players if not thousands. It was made to help rank and divide the skill brackets of players and make PvP gear available according to that bracket... But, using GP as a means to group players for PvP in THIS server would not be effective since almost all gear can be traded between characters. So the ONLY existing viable system for grouping players for PvP simply will not work in this server due to the changes implemented by the server developers.

If your wife suggests something like a bronze, silver, gold tier PvP system... How else would they quantify a players skill other than GP? So no. That suggestion is not viable or fair to anyone.

Sorry for the book.

EDIT: AP and GP group people into ranked brackets. When you have enough GP you are put into a bracket. See below;

[​IMG]

As you can see, the amount of GP required to reach a certain rank isn't accurate but an approximation to show an example. And according to this example, people with a similar amount of GP would be 5*. Also, people who have a similar amount of GP would be pitched against eachother if the developers were to use a matching system that used GP to create the matches... Thus... 5* VS 5*.

It's not that complex.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  19. DOndee

There's already a BG ranking system in place in the server that tells you what division you are based on your win/loss and you gain/lose rating when you win/lose. However, its just that right now, something to tell you what division you are with no other purpose other than bragging rights. This is the ranking system she is referring to in her post and not GP.

Either way? How would it benefit only the top players? I would love to stay on this current BG system and keep winning against noobs. But her suggestion is meant to balance everything out for new players who only want to fight against new players and the ones on the top end up fighting the ones on top. Agree, its not that complex. I don't know why it has to be explained over and over again. No ranking system in a MMORPG is going to be perfect.

What the other guy said about having a minimum requirement to be able to queue for BGs means that characters need to have a minimum of X amount of GP to be able to queue for BGs to avoid newly created characters from joining the BG thus ruining it for everyone involved. Again, its not that hard to understand.

20. OliverStylez

Because you aren't quite grasping it... Even the system in place RIGHT NOW would NOT WORK.

The ONLY thing you have to do to circumvent the system in place right now, is to make a new character and move your gear to it, and BOOM you're fighting noobs with UDT gear. It's THAT EASY. It WILL NOT WORK. Nor will a GP requirement work. You can do the exact same thing. Do I really have to write it all out again??? Seriously?

Lag likes this.