1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

t7 and t8 horses have issues with learning skills

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by telespapeles, Oct 19, 2017.

1. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Bug Name:
    t7 and t8 horses have issues with learning skills
    Bug Description:
    I've been lvling horses for quite some time while working, etc.

So far, all of my t7s and t8s get past lvl 20 learning only 1-2 skills. On the other hand, my t4s, t5s and t6s learn more than 8.

I've talked to alot of players and they are having the same issue so there must be something wrong. A t8, for example, has 18 skills to learn so it has to be a bug when 90% of them only get 1-2 skills past lvl 20.

I'm sure that alot of players could back me up on this.

Could this be looked into?
    How to reproduce/proof:

2. Autumnatopoeia

Autumnatopoeia New Member

[​IMG] I have / have had a few horses at tier 7 with plenty of skills so I'm not sure this is actually an issue?

e.g.
    [​IMG]

3. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

To add to this, as some people say it was RNG.

I've bred 5 t8s and 15 t7s so far, lvled up to lvls 29-30

4 out of 5 t8s learned 2-3 skills
    13 out of 15 t7s learned 2-4 skills

4. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

That's just one horse man... I also have a t8 with more than 7 skills.

And this isn't only for me. I spoke to a few other players that have the same issue.
    Why would t4s to t6s learn skills normally and not t7s and t8s?

5. Autumnatopoeia

Right, like i said, it's an example of a horse learning skills "normally".
    Here's another:
    [​IMG]

Who said that t4s and t6s are learning skills "normally" while 7 and 8 are not? Has this been demonstrated in any way?

6. Autumnatopoeia

I mean, you asked for input from other people. I thought i'd pop in and give my own experience, but okay.

7. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

I bred and raised horses on retail since, forever.
    I know, for a fact, that low tier horses don't learn Sprint or insta accel easy. They do so here, as most of my t4-t6 learned it. That's one thing.
    I've raised tons of t8s and t7's on retail also. I know how they usually learn skills. It isn't common to see horses got to lvl 20+ with only 2-3 skills and finishing lvl 30 with 4-5.

If anything, a t8 horse has 18 skills so that is a better chance to learn one when lvling up, when compared to a low tier horse.

I just asked for it to be looked at, I didn't really called it a bug. I will lose time later and post a pics of my horses individually. Too bad i sold or exchanged a huge part of them alrdy. I also said that other players have the same issue.

Since some people mentioned branding and outfit, I know it helps, but I'm comparing horses that weren't branded or use and outfit at all. I didn't do so in retail too. Fact still stands that a t4 to t6 learns more skills than t7, t8.

8. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

2017-10-19_506038355.PNG 2017-10-19_506058234.PNG

This is just a quick example of the horses that Im raising right now. t7 lvl 23 2 skills. t6 lvl 24 6 skills

Also, ur imput is great man.

9. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

2017-10-19_506355041.PNG

Another quick example

10. Autumnatopoeia

Yep, happens.

11. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Shouldn't happen this often though

12. ganjagab

ganjagab New Member

tilted teemo glad to meet you again ♥

13. FatesTenacity

FatesTenacity New Member

From my time breeding t8s on retail they average at 12 or 13 skills without needing branding or skill resets.
    All of my t8s so far made it to lvl 20 with only 4 skills. I feel lucky that 1 of them finally made it up to 11 on their own, and premium skin added 1 more for a total of 12.

14. raindow

raindow New Member

I agree with telespapeles
    Horse skill learning rate is too low
    This caused many losses
    Use "Mount Brand Spell Stone" is also useless,May be worse.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Of course, some horses have a lot of skills,But very rare
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    ganjagab likes this.
  15. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

2017-10-20_570013209.PNG

Another one

16. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

I always wear the same thing. Point still stands: t4, t5 and t6 horses learn skills without a problem. T7s and t8s don't. So it's not what I''m wearing.

17. DivineEpiphany

DivineEpiphany Getting there Forum Legend

There is alot of factors when it comes to horse leveling and breeding, making it too dependent on RNG. For instance branding does help, so does high training proficiency so for optimal T7+ I suggest at least Master or Guru proficiency. Negatives, or no effect, include training costume and riding clothes (no effects on how many skills you get) and leveling horses on wagons is a bad thing if you are trying for lots of skills (always made the best horses solo riding for example my beloved Barbie during beta). Also premium horse appearance tickets help loads as well even after they are level 30 to get more skills, however there is downsides to these as well, for instance the cost for an RNG system that may or may not give a skill and you can never get the original appearance back (so your purebred will never look pure again) but breeding results after the appearance change is still based off the original horse model. Base your findings off trying with optimal circumstances, since the system for horses is way too much RNG.

TL;DR Ride the horse solo dont use wagons, costume and clothes make level faster but wont give more skills, if its a horse you want to make courser for breeding then brand it, and if you want more skills after level 30 use pearls and get premium appearance changes but beware it will never go back to original appearance.

Autumnatopoeia likes this.
  18. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Let me mention a few things that you know that are true as you breed in retail too:
    -I never had or seen any horse on retail reach lvl 30 with 2 skills (t7-t80) and it happens very often here;
    -It personally never happened to me on retail. I'm Artisan in training on retail, same as I am here;
    -It has never been shown or proven that you would need Master or Guru to train high tier horses. That's not how it works and I'm sure that you know it. Also, when do you expect gurus in training at retail? in 2 years?
    -Here on gamez, there were players using costume and branding and only got 4 skills at lvl 30.

Once again: the issue here is not what does and what doesn't help. Costume and whatever would increase the chances, but that's not what is being discussed. Fact is, t4-t5-t6 horses learn skills without issues, regardless of the skills. T7s and T8s have serious issues learning skills, be it solo or wagon. A quick look at the horse market will show tons of horses with low number of skills, even if most of the people sell their horses with decent skills (to make more money) and exchange the potato horses. Be it solo or be it on a wagon.

19. Autumnatopoeia

A quick look at the market shows tier 7 and 8 horses generally have 5-10 skills. Seems fine then!

20. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

read the rest of the phrase regarding the market...