1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Benefits Of Membership....

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Roo, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Would you pay for a "Reset Scroll" in the Webshop?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2020.
  1. No I would not!

15.4%
  2. Yes, I would pay for it!

61.5%
  3. Just makes it apart of VIP privileges!

23.1%
  1. Roo

Roo Guest

As I sat in game after completing my HM runs, I couldn't help but wonder. Why are VIP members beholden to the same cool down time for instances as other players. On retail a Prestige pass is the equivalent to VIP membership, which entitles you to low cool down times for instances. It would make sense if the same rules applied to instances for VIP member that apply to retail Prestige pass holders.
    Secondly for players without VIP, ideally a reset scroll should be made available as it is on retail-for specific instances, or a single scroll with a scroll down menu of instances eligible for reset. This would no doubt increase profits for the server and give players what they want, internally this would also solve the "shaded grey area" of-Bug abuse with regards to specific instances with higher usage.
    I urge you to please consider my suggestion and thoughts. If you have the time please share your thoughts by voting on the Poll in this thread... ^^ Thank you!
    -Ruu

If you feel you need to comment feel free to do so. But please do vote so we can show the staff we have clear intentions and general sense of what we want. PLEASE VOTE! And, encourage your legion mates to as well.

OliverStylez and danshiloh like this.
  2. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

I definitely approve. This function is available in retail and there is no reason it shouldn't be included here as well... It would be very beneficial for everyone.

Edit : Just as an afterthought... What do you think the cost should be to rest one instance? Or are you thinking of resetting all instance timers with one scroll?

3. Roo

Roo Guest

That's an awesome question. My initial thought is-one scroll that gives the players, a scrollable list of instances which they can then choose from. Once the player selects the instance to reset, the scroll is thereby used and leave the inventory. Reset scroll will give the player one additional entry, after usage of one or more entries.

For example- HM is 5/5 uses, if the player makes a run they now have 4/5. Using the reset scroll gives back one entry making it 5/5 once more.
    For the good of the server I don't think the scroll should give back more than one entry, otherwise profits to maintain the server would be affected, it would become a-break even cost, which is not good for the long term of the server. Additionally, if used prior to losing one or more entries (back to my 4/5 example) the player still loses the scroll. This might sound harsh but the server needs to be considered first, and players should be responsible enough not to waste scrolls. But if there is no public good, the system crumbles, so- I think the cost of the scroll should be no more than 10-20 credits.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    OliverStylez likes this.
  4. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Or just give it as a prize on battleground events. It's boring to wait for events doing nothing (since the events are like 3-4 hrs apart), might as well use scrolls to reset cd on instances.

OliverStylez likes this.
  5. OliverStylez

That's along the lines of what I was thinking.

15 would be a fair price since each time you vote you get between 12 and 18. That would mean that players would be able to get a certain amount of resets every day if they wanted to use their credits for that, especially new players, but more than likely it would result in most new players making a small credit purchase which is what the server needs to keep going.

I considered the cost of running a server once, but I don't know Gamez expenditures so I can't make an accurate guess as to how much this would help their finances, but I'm guessing that based on the need for running instances, this would be an immediate best seller as almost EVERYONE wants to run HM, but no one wants to make those new characters and transfer items. It's simply a quality of life improvement.

6. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

I could imagine a player spamming the website buying reset scrolls for all instances. *spam 100x - ends with 0 credit left and 0 etiums on inventory

7. Roo

Roo Guest

Let's not be so negative or worried about what could possible go wrong, and scrolls can't control RNG and if a player spends that much I mean they should have a lot of AP to account for. I don't see players taking any losses on this, even without etium.

OliverStylez likes this.
  8. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

It was not a negative nor a positive comment. It's just imaginary. Nothing is true to those. It's still on the admins on how they would handle the instance cooldown correctly. If they had thinked about that earlier than us, then that reset scroll would be accessible already.

Roo likes this.
  9. OliverStylez

I mentioned this a few times but I feel like the 7.0 update simply wasn't well thought through. Back when I first started there was plenty of content for everyone to participate in and even if you hated PvP you could easily stay busy farming loot boxes as an assassin and build up enough AP and enchantment stones to make a full set of viable PvP gear. This patch however is the opposite. I hope it is fixed soon... There are so many quality of life fixes that could be implemented easily that I just don't see the list ever getting finished... I'm glad this one was added to it and I hope they actually use the suggestion!

Roo likes this.
  10. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I highly doubt you are talking about gamez now. What content are you talking about? Everything was disabled and insanely expensive. The only content that was interesting at the time was Mixfight which was eventually disabled due to smart players who chose to ruin the fun for everyone and turned it into a race vs race. I am sorry, but all the good you remember does not come from content, but from the memories you have with the people you played with.

11. OliverStylez

While partially true, (I made many friends in 5.3 and some are still around today! ;) ) there was so much more to do in Gamez when I first joined. There were races. There was PvE content that didn't rely on mixed in PvP. There were plenty of AM run in game fights and events. There were boxes you could run around and loot in a PvP zone that changed on a scheduled basis. There was more trade going on because enhancement materials could be obtained more easily... So no, there was much much more content back then whereas now we only have dungeons that don't give proper loot, people that don't even want to GO to dungeons, PvP events that don't give enough rewards and are typically pitched fights, and bored AFKers waiting for weekly dungeons or weekly quests to reset. So once again, no... I remember a much more alive Gamez server and I'd like to see some progress towards that once again.

Besides. When I played last, even though I played as a SM support class, I mostly went out solo and did activities. You can tell by my videos if you watch them, but generally I was solo.

12. Noyah

Again, there was no pve content in 5.3, everything was disabled. But if you are talking about treasure boxes, I wouldn't call it content.
    As for the schedule, these boxes would reappear after 5 or 10 minutes. It doesn't make the game any more interesting than it is now, but it can be an incentive for new players.
    No materials were needed because like I said before, everything was disabled. Players could not craft or obtain gear in any way other than webshop and lets not talk about the prices at the time.

The content the server now offers is far more interesting than any previous version of gamez whether you like it or not.

xSugar likes this.
  13. OliverStylez

Ahh we must be talking about different time periods then. Because all of these things were in effect when I started donating.

The PvP zone changed. Not the boxes. The PvP zone changed the scenery and whether some people liked it or not, that was a huge deal to me and made every encounter a lot more interesting.

We are DEFINITELY talking about different time periods. May be 5.3 isn't when I started? Maybe I started earlier than that? I definitely remember grinding AP to buy my first few sets of armor, and having to show noobies how to enchant and socket stones into their gear properly... I remember one Cleric specifically that put parry and MP in their armor... :confused:

So no, I remember a lot of fun things in old Gamez and defending an update that is driving away new players faster than we can say hi isn't going to make any progress Noyah. :( Lets be progressive and move forward so that we don't have to look back at the things we liked in an old patch and say "Oh, those were the good old days!" because no one wants that! We want to love where the game is now just like you do :angelic:

14. Noyah

I mentioned 5.3 because I know this is the version that was when you started playing. So no, we are not talking about different periods.
    I am not defending anything. You can compare the content of the current version to the previous version, or the one before it and see the differences for yourself.
    Not everyone has to agree, but thats the truth whether you like it or not.

Primez likes this.
  15. OliverStylez

I thought that's what we had been doing all along?? o_O
    And no, that's an opinion. How good or how bad something is or isn't to one's self is called an opinion. And while that may be your opinion, it is not mine , and apparently many people here would also disagree, because if they didn't think that then this thread wouldn't be here :(

All we want to do is make suggestions to help. That's all. And it is our shared opinion that something needs to be done, and soon.

16. Noyah

It certainly doesn't look like comparisons that match gamez's reality, but okay.
    No, the thread is created to make suggestions for content that already exists.

@urscillaaion, thanks for your suggestion, it will be taken into account.

Roo and OliverStylez like this.
  17. OliverStylez

I was also referring to Dondees post but yes, this one focuses on content we would like to be implemented to accelerate player growth and activity...

I absolutely love you as an AM and i like how you treat the members of the forums. Lol on this though i have to respectfully disagree, and i hope that we see some changes implemented soon. :)