1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide VPN - How to get better MS/Ping

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Mav, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Mav

Mav Getting there

Hello everyone! Mav here,(Edit This also works for Gamezaion for all the people PMing me! I'm not sure if the server location is the same though. If it is just use the Chicago servers if not tell me where the servers located i'll tell you the best place to connect from!) I'm going to show you today how to get the best connection possible through reliably tests via your own system! So, we all know that everyone's connecting from a different part of the world and all of us are trying to connect to a server all the way in the US, Specifically Michigan.
    I'm going to name a few methods that could easily improve your connection to Gamez and hopefully it'll make the game even smoother and easier to play!
    As a note before I start i'm connecting from Japan and I have roughly about 200 Ping- However the amount of times that my connection traces to another location is only 8 times. I'll give you an example here. [​IMG] [​IMG] As you can see I have 20 lines - So that means my connection had to connect 20 times before the end signal was reached.
    Now i'm going to use a VPN and try to cut that in half. [​IMG] And as you can see now I only had to connect 8 times for my connection to come to an end. [​IMG]
    I'm using a server in Chicago and i'm also using NordVPN. So, now you're probably asking how can I do that myself well, now i'm going to show you. [​IMG]
    First open your task manager.
    Click on the top tab called ( Performance )
    Look down to the bottom left of the tab, Click on Open Resource Monitor.'
    Scroll down a little so you can see TCP Connections.
    It should look like this [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now open your command prompt if you don't know how hit Windows R and type cmd. [​IMG]
    After that now type into the cmd prompt - Tracert ( Black desert's Remote adress from TCP connection )
    After you put that number in Hit enter and wait until it finishes.[​IMG] If you are in the same boat as me with over 15 Lines and over 150 MS you can easily improve your connection with a VPN - I use nordvpn I'm not too sure about the other ones you'd have to test most of them ( i'm sorry I don't know i'll try to learn and update as fast as possible)
    After that you want to find a server as close to Michigan as possible.
    Most of the websites will have a report on the servers are the locations.
    On Nord here are a list of the servers are locations. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope this helps you all, Please PM me or reply on here if you need any help
    Sorry for the poor format; My first official post.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Visty, Snowinkle, Surgent and 6 others like this.
  2. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Does it apply on GamezAion too?

3. toby

toby Proficient

hey in Gamezaion is working or not?

4. Mav

Mav Getting there

Yes, I'm not sure if it's the same Server ( location ) for the aion server, but this works forever game not just bdo.

5. Mav

Mav Getting there

This will also work for gamezaion yes. Be careful what server you use with NordVPN if you use it as each one is a different server location.

6. Surgent

Surgent New Member

HOW ABOUT IN DUBAI REGION, WHAT SERVER SHOULD I CHOOSE?

7. Mav

Mav Getting there

Sheeeeet :( Give me a second. I'll find out for you. It'll still be the same - the ones from Chicago pick one of those server numbers and connection Via Nordvpn. Run the Tracert with the remote address after that keep changing until you find one with the lowest amount of lines.

8. Surgent

Surgent New Member

no worries ...ill check it my self....thanks

9. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

@Mav Uh, do we have to buy a VPN account to make this work?

10. Mav

Mav Getting there

Yes :( You'll have to actually buy a VPN. I'm in the process right now of finding a freeVPN to use but it's pretty hard to find one.

11. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

I wanted to try it from a free VPN tho. Hope it really works coz it sucks having only Battleping. Idk how to use WTFast tho.

12. Mav

Mav Getting there

@Surgent
    So, you shouldn't need to pick the one from there. Because you're picking the one to the US-Chicago. Which will route your connection straight there.
    So, think of this like a flight. If would you rather fly inside of the US? Or would you rather fly all the way from where you are? This is how VPN's work, the connection will start at the location that you pick.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  13. Mav

Mav Getting there

So, idk much about battleping but WTFfast doesn't actually do anything from what i've been told. Nordvpn gives you a free trial. Hopefully that's good enough to improve connection. Honestly the whole reason I posted this is because you can test for yourself now what you want to use and what's best.
    The TRACERT- is coming from your computer not anything else this is the most reliable way of finding out what VPN would be best for you.
    You're looking for the amount of hops that it does, so the amount of lines. The less the better.
    Like I posted above having 20 lines and making it 8 is way better than 20.

Lag likes this.
  14. Surgent

Surgent New Member

omg..... but thanks

15. Levari

Levari New Member

VPNs do not better your connection for things like games etc. The "low ping" you get is a false positive, it's the ping the server you are connecting to with your VPN of choice has. Not your actual ping.
    Making your connection to the server go through another wall doesn't make it better, if anything it makes it worse. Let me explain it so a five year old could understand it.

You have freshly baked cookies, and you really want one. There is a jar full of freshly made cookies with it's lid tightly sealed, but there is also a plate with the same cookies. Which one is faster to get to?

WTFast, and every other "PING FIXED GUARANTEE!" shit you find on the internet does not work. You might have some luck with Leatrix's Latency Fix since it allows for more TCP packages to come through but that's about it. No program will ever make your actual ping to the server go from 200ms to 35ms e.g.

-Source: I'm a LAN Technician

EDIT: Wording

Tekodal and Legaias like this.
  16. Alocin

Alocin ❤℘℧ℛℇ ℋℰΛℜ✟❤

(cwl) I guess we are pretty aware about this. I aggree that VPNs and Ping Reducers will not effectively change your ping, but about ping reducers they have a minimal influence on it.

17. Narconapol

Narconapol New Member

18. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Lag likes this.
  19. Levari

Levari New Member

Wtf is this Necro?

20. shadowdemd

shadowdemd New Member

Does this work in the Philippines too? My game seem to crash in character selection when i'm not using a VPN. When i'm using a VPN I'm able to play but the connections really bad. Hoping this could help me?