1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What keeps you playing on GameZ

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by eminescu83, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Cjxiv

Cjxiv Emperor's Eye Forum Legend

Quit the game long time ago. Still lurks here to look for troll threads, and this one looks kinda serious so I'm outta here.

2. Yoshi69

Yoshi69 New Member

I appreciate the effort you put into managing and maintaining the server but as this is made as a custom(rates) private server, why are you pushing for changes that drives this server closer to retail?
    Firstly, this is in an open world setting where PvP reigns supreme and huge nerfs like to horses exp or a place that unexpectedly turns out to be a good farming spot gets nerfed to the ground for this reason called 'balance'. In my opinion, balance in an open world setting means that the economy and rates of any activity stays somewhat consistent for a long period of time and without a somewhat acceptable reason/s behind the nerf, it just ruins the game because I do not know where the game is going. What is the end-game plan for gamezbd? Currently from the looks of it, we sure are just heading in the direction of more nerfs and nothing innovative or creative is being done for the game. RBF only pops during x2 RBF events, grinding spots above 200 ap have both the new and old players grinding in it and for both parties, it isn't really enjoyable since the weak ones are getting killed easily and the strong ones don't really have much challenges to look forward to. What I'm trying to say is things can be done here unlike retail so why sit on it?Been almost 2 months since CM released and its been stale af ever since then.

Jujuba likes this.
  3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I will try my best to not make this into another combative reply, so I just want to point out that GamezBD aren't directly resposible for the decreases, please watch the original Star Wars and know that the word "Nerf" doesn't mean what you want it to mean, but it is indeed the Retail-BDO Pearl Abyss who is managing the in-game mechanisms, and while there are some multipliers here on GamezBD it is merely a percentage of a percentage, as an example of this: a 1000% bump to 0,02% only makes it 0,2% and that is how most loot drops are handled.

I do get the obstruction of the increased rates on GamezBD when the numbers in-game aren't reflecting the proposed multipliers, but it is not that easy (or so I am told) to tweak the game-mechanism as we might like to think. There are in fact several core-mechanisms that the developers aren't able to manipulate at all, without compromising the entire game-stability. Me personally would absolutely LOVE it if we could gain some Actual Custom Content here, other than the "quality-of-life" increases we already have, like for instance the increased rates, free pearls, and the increased weight bonus from the value-pack, which are amazing things to offer for a free-to-play game :)

Just one last time for the extremely hard of reading: Black Desert Online is an Action-MMO-RPG (read on the official Pearl Abyss webpage), and NOT an Open-World-PvP-game as an enormous amount of humans think it is, which is really a shame since they are not only misguided but missing out on a whole lot of game as well.

Just do NOT get it...Are you actively looking for humans who are "trolling" on our community's forum? If so why in the world would you want to do that? Also if you "Quit LONG ago", then why on Earth would you spend your time looking at a forum that has no link to you at all?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

That doesn't mean excellence to support at all... And weren't you the one that said "nobody fucking pay you for discuss with players" and that you "have contract with our adm on development not for players bullshit"?
    Sometimes all a big community need is a team of CMs capable of dealing with them. I think gamez BD is the only private server not fighting to keep it's players on... Maybe that's the reason why gamez is full of afk players farming pearls and complaining a lot. Take off free pearls and nobody will play anymore. You know that... So what about making some improvements? GameZ BD is not the same anymore. When I got here we would get 6k online on weekends. Now we barely reach 1,5k.

There's a lot that could be different, better... And I'm not talking about custom content.
    Patrigio doesn't make any sense here... Idk why a server that sell caphras and nerf lifeskills to the ground would allow players to use autoclick bots... People gear up for nothing. RBF is really sad, even on double weekends. There's no PvP scenario at all. It's rare to see original bdo events here, and when it happens it's always bugged and lasts no longer the just 1 week. People just don't wanna play, they just farm pearls. SD isn't a thing anymore... Now it's harder for new players to get somewhere and that's became a new reason for them to quit fast.

Yoshi69 likes this.
  5. Yoshi69

Yoshi69 New Member

I like most of what you said but this game is an action mmorpg like you said. Action means combat here and the surrounding mechanics we have are for PvP and there's karma in order to deter someone from griefing a specific person or group. There is also an arsha channel too. If you can kill anyone above 50 anywhere out in the world it means open world pvp.

6. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Nothing keeps me here. I come and go as I please and enjoy my time when I do come and play GamezBDO. :p
    Not happy playing this game/server go find enjoyment elsewhere. GameZ will still be here when you get that BDO itch and want to see whats new on the server.

GameZ been going strong for 10+ years, looking forward to the next decade!

loboram likes this.
  7. Jujuba

Thanks to Aion, yes. They have a full staff working on the server, they hired new GMs recently so you never see a post waiting more than 1h to be replied. Also, Noyah is the new co-adm and she's accepting a lot of suggestions there, wich doesn't happen here.

loboram likes this.
  8. loboram

Yeah but all in all, GamezBD is relatively quite new compared to GamezAION (I think).

The creators of BDO still have to work out where the game is going, and so do the staffmembers of GamezBD, they have to figure out where they want to take this project as well as if it is a feesible long-term investment. Then I hope that they will start to hire more volunteers to work on the forum and perhaps even in-game moderation which would really be a grand gesture on their part, and would certainly help the entire community.

We gotta remember that they only have two developers working on GamezBD, so it is VERY limited the progress we can expect, and our collective "demands" to make a better game-flow aren't too helpful to them I think, since they already have their plates full with all the small annoying bugs that they still have to iron out. I am hopeful that once they have gotten a good stable running server with almost all bugs squashed, THEN they will focus on the community wishes and possibilities are boundless :)

9. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

There's nothing on GameZBD that keeps me here either. GameZ obviously have their priorities with their implementation of Black Desert, but for me there are far too many gaps in the areas that interest me that have not been addressed and not working properly; so I pop back every so often to see if there's been improvement in those areas and leave soon thereafter :).

10. loboram

That is really too bad...I would love it if there were more players in the GamezBD community that had a similar mentality, still actually playing the game. Alas there are fewer and fewer of us left...seems like the mainstreamers (worse possible outcome) are winning out against the individuals who can think for themselves.

Toenail likes this.
  11. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Yeah me too loboram! I totally understand the need to bring people who want a quick fix into the game, but GameZ are unlikely to get long term players out of that lot .. they definitely are the ones who bring a quick injection into the coffers but I feel that by neglecting to finetune all aspects of lifeskilling, GameZ may be neglecting the long term future IN MY OPINION.

If Trading worked 100% I'll be there with bells on. Bring a working ocean content and bartering I'll be a very happy camper :).

SD doesn't appeal to me and horse training marginally so.

loboram likes this.
  12. larroxx

larroxx New Member

Changing this server into a appealing server is OVER. Believe me when i tell u that players wont return back , even if you would give them FREE 10k pearls or FULL TET Boss Gear + Acc!
    Server was way too high rated when it launched . I was full PEN gear + Weapons in the first month(Yes , i donated alot for Artisan memorys).

Whats the real reason for us looking for private server?
    - we dont want a P2W system that requieres spending around 200euros just for Pets and Inventory slots
    - enjoyable enviroment
    - Not letting PC on for 24/7!!!!
    Those are my main reasons why i looked for private server. For other players its maybe something else.

Honoustly i dont think that Carl or Kolka would like the idea of New fresh server or even a wipe.

loboram likes this.
  13. myka94

myka94 New Member

Grinding,gold,sliver.Oh and watching the toxic chat :joyful: (ccwl)

14. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

Well...dont want to bring negativity in the house...but i guess, soon, retail will have succession for all classes, including Guardian, the new 280 ap zone and many others, and we will still pat on the shoulder with "We got Central Market". Maybe the dev team is no longer motivated due to our toxicity, but they should take what we said with a grain of salt, because people comment/complain/discuss when they care about something, otherwise /uninstall.
    Or, the GameZ cash droped by a lot and no money = no development. (which i hope is not :D)

All we can do is .... WAIT

loboram likes this.
  15. Jujuba

Every business is the same: you INVEST sou you get something in the future, IF you handle your business well. If GameZBD had an active staff working on this project, players would see some effort and would donate more, because they would trust the server and it's administration. Kolka said he only sells patches to Carl. I haven't seen Noyah around GameZBD community since he became co-adm, I also tried to contact him through personal message about GameZBD but never got a reply.
    Pearl Abyss learned it's lesson and is getting their players back, and they don't even need to offer free stuffs. Anyway... I always loved private servers. I miss old Ragnarok days...

loboram and myka94 like this.
  16. loboram

NONE of us (hopefully I am NOT talking for others in a bad way) are advocating for a Server Wipe, or even reset...It is just what we have been suggesting for some time now...changes that would make this server-project really awesome because it is NOT specifically targeting the mainstream-big-spenders, who will mainly be interested in (as @Toenail put it) a quick fix. Sure they do bring in some income and perhaps make the server SEEM as if it is populated, in contrast to the ones being AFK-Horsetraining or Lifeskilling...BUT the game is SO much more than just open-world-PvP and it is truly dumbed-down in that respect if this server-project/community isn't looking for a more varied bunch of players.
    IF the community started to make room for ALL types of players, we would have at least twice as many players, and while it may seem as if it isn't helpful in the beginning, these players will eventually also like to try out EVERYthing this game has to offer INCLUDING PvP. That will increase the PvP population as well as the PvE population AND make the server economics work MUCH better in general.
    I actually like when you are commenting in a balaced way and bringing some varied views as well...also I get that with Pearl Abyss launching new content almost all the time it will be hard for a private server like ours to keep up...especially if they only have a couple of developers working on the content, as well as a limited staff to deal with the community as a whole. It is true that without income this project will eventually end, but I would hope that the team would find others to work on the content if Kolka indeed is "only selling content", just like I would hope that our community would eventually get some much desired Working content. So I am hopeful that the GamezBD staff/team have more than one plan in the works on how to continue this project in the future as well as in which direction they would like it to go in the future.

17. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

Since they dont communicate with us their intentions in terms of a road map or something to at least show us that they are still working on this project, all we can do is to assume that they will not abandon this.
    In my opinion, Kolka is doing a great job on what he's doing. And here i mention working on patches and helping players over Telegram is very nice since nobody from GameZ staff (admins or whatever there are) is doing it.

I returned to Retail for Sorc succession and i really enjoy it since is so much easier to grind. But again, as always, i got hit in the head by the autism at Pearl Crapbyss and their autistic nerfing everything because we can mentality. What i mean by that retail is too unstable and i dont like that. Today i play a decent class and tomorrow when i log in i can barely kill grass beetles because korean autism.

And the above statement is something i forgot to add at the things that keeps me playing here.

What is sad is the fact that the server's population keeps going down. They blame the new updates from retail....but here? What updates they do to keep players from leaving/or returning??

18. loboram

I was rooting for your posts, which HAD been quite moderated, but now you are at it again...bashing people with a disability as if it is something funny or something to make fun of...REALLY disappointed there @eminescu83, but then again I should NOT have expected you to change too much in this short time.

Please...pretty please with sugar on top, just STOP bashing people with Autism...if you have NO idea what it is all about then at least go read about it...but to arbitrarily use a disability as a "stand-in-word" for pretty much anything negative, is quite dumb.

I do get what you are saying though -despite your abusive behavior- and I too would like to see some sort of List of things to come. Something like: Currently Working on... Planed Updates for this date... Trying to Fix...
    But also as a much bigger perspective, where is GamezBD heading?

Are we -as users- going to be STUCK in a contant Retail-copy, without improvements of any kind other than increased rates at the expense of an actually Fully functioning system?

eminescu83 likes this.
  19. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

Sorry for using "autism" word and adding that illness to content that should not be added.

I dont think i have an abusive behavior. More like aggressive/compulsive. And indeed, sometimes i use too much anger in the words i use and is not that great. Still working on fixing that but ...oh well...i guess is design flaw when my parents decided to add me to this world in `82.

loboram likes this.
  20. loboram

Thanks for the thoughtful reply though...I do think you have improoved (how it sounds not how it is spelled) a lot since the first posts :)

Also I do think that you are at least trying to add something positive to the forum, a different point of view and yet it is something that more players are concerned about.