1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What kind of events do you guys and gals want to see in BDO

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Puddles, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

Hello everyone,

While we do have a general idea of what forms of events we will be running in-game.

I am curious what kind of things you would like to see and enjoy, outside of our current things which are limited due to some of the mechanics of the game, and while we figure out ways around those things.

If you have some form of an idea, please let us know.

Noyah and loboram like this.
  2. PureBusiness

PureBusiness -please delete this- Forum Legend

-please delete this-

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. YCARU

YCARU New Member

Hello, could not release the events of the mechanics of the game, such as winning some items by playing every day, have a lot of it on the Russian server ... I have played every day for many hours I have seen some players get rare items although I Try not to have the same luck, I think there are others like me ... What I think would help us a lot would be items for our horses, Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Armor) and Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Weapon) ... Of course Weapons, armor and accessories are also welcome!

4. Keyn

Keyn New Member

Hi, ty for asking our oppinion.

In my oppinion events should be 'accesible' tasks so everyone can participate, they should last for at least one weekend so ppl who work can have enought time and rewards should be moderate.
    For example the idea of a boss who ONLY appears once and gives u a kzarka or something maybe that boss can appear more times and give u tokens to change for items so ppl who play more will get more but ppl who can not play that much will be able to get some too.

as for the content well if i were the one to make the events i try to make some for farmers others for live skills... and so on that way no matter what u like the most be able to participate in at least some of the events.

Xol likes this.
  5. BloodTrinity

BloodTrinity New Member

Hmm, some players would be in different time zones too, so it'll be great if the event was twice a day or lasting an entire weekend as suggested by Keyn above. Maybe something like a "Hide and Seek with the GM" event? Like the GM puts on his/her camouflage and just hides in a specified area. Though I feel that the event might be too difficult/easy to complete depending on the location, so it's just an idea I guess? A time attack event to see how many mobs/bosses a person/party/guild can clear within a time limit is an idea too, but I don't know how all dem background coding works so , yeah. Hope you get some ideas on how to do it o3o7

6. kozakanamisaki

kozakanamisaki New Member

Treasure hunting ! with a clue or a map! ;w;! find specific items or clues to get treasures!

loboram likes this.
  7. Whydps

Whydps New Member

PvP event

8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello GamezBD community I am a newcomer to this wonderful project however I have ample experience with the BDO game and I would love to see some week long events on this server.

As I am a really old guy I grew up playing real roleplaying games around a table along with 6 of my dear old friends when we were young and I really love the idea that kozakanamisaki proposed where some NPC's could "guide" players around the fantastic looking world of BDO giving them clues to find specific landmarks and hidden places in the game that aren't being used for anything in the game so far like the hidden caves and pasages where the development team could add some chest that could only be opened if the player had gathered all the "clues" and/or items needed.

Another idea comes to mind where players could rally around the unused Arenas near the major cities have an NPC oversee the battling Players adding them to a queue for battles that other Players could bet on with odds based on level difference and gearscore difference who knows maybe a newbie can beat a master :D

Last but not least it would be great if there was a racing event with horses or just running or perhaps event better a parkour race where the players have to get through some "markers" that are placed around climbable structures or in cities.

I hope that the staff can figure out how to make any of these ideas a reality, I really have to thank all the GamezBD staff once again for the incredibly well made server and service you are providing.

9. DoomRabbit

DoomRabbit Getting there

PVP Events, Farm Events, Blah Blah Blah. So common on all servers they become habitual, and added to those servers as daily affairs.

The rare, and good events?
    - Story Events (GM in an NPC, sending players off to accomplish goals... sometimes opposing goals.)
    - Boss Shifts (New, Temporary boss, monsterous with good drops... can link to a story event.)
    - Hide and Seek (GM or Staff hiding, giving vague clues as to location. With no fast travel or teleporting this can be fun for awhile in BDO)
    - Role Reversal Events (Something Lineage 2 had that was fun was their Demon Swords. They'd spawn next to a random player in the world. If the player picked it up they instantly became Red, gained monsterous buffs, and their location appeared on the map... and they could not log out, or drop the weapon until killed. The hero became the villain. Killing this player cost the Possesed player nothing, but they dropped good loot items... they weren't easy to kill, tending to need a full party or more, and the weapon vanished until the next time it randomly chose a player)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    loboram likes this.
  10. waifu

waifu New Member

Free PEN ogre ring for people who breed t8's like they are candy.

11. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Valencia Seal event: Collect valencia seals from fishing, gathering, and killing monsters. Turn in 100 for a +10 stack, 200 for a 20 stack/lauren's box, 500 for a 30 stack/intermediate accessory box, 1000 for 40 stack, or 1500 for a fine accessory box. Numbers could be adjusted, but that's an example.

Daily Shakatu Seal Event: Complete a kill quest daily to collect a shakatu seal. Amass many of them to turn in for fantastic rewards!

Coral Accessory Month: All mobs have a small chance of dropping all red and blue coral ear/ring accessories.

All the standard affair events that have launched in retail.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. loboram

I just noticed a message on the server saying something about identifying a place in the BDO world am I to know about an event that is ongoing then it would be Extremely helpful if the GamezBD staff posted the event in the forum before it actually started please :)

I mean just because I am oldschool and I am not down with how the new generation of gamers do things (like constantly keeping up with the Discord app) does not mean that I should be excluded from GamezBD events right?

DoomRabbit likes this.
  13. 4tek

4tek New Member

Perhaps an event that requires Crafting and Mining tasks where the products of these tasks are placed on the Market House. The crafted items and mined resources would be items that players would like but may not be able to produce themselves such high end alchemy stones, merchant wagons, enchanted functional clothes and tools, Epheria Sail Boats/Frigates. Resources would include the materials needed to craft those items - so the event would essentially spur an influx of Market transactions for uncommon crafted items.

OR - perhaps players can turn in X amount of resources to specific NPC's to receive one of the aforementioned crafted items?

14. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

The announcements regarding the event are posted in-game. If you're online in game then this is what you will see:
    [​IMG]

15. DoomRabbit

DoomRabbit Getting there

A: Is that Eve in your avatar?
    B: I think the issue is that it gets lost in the endless server spam... is there a way to add either a rough schedule to the game/website? Possibly ingame mass mail?

16. Noyah

Of course :p
    I understand and that's why I post the exact same message in discord as well.
    No because the event takes place at random times of the day.

DoomRabbit likes this.
  17. Spiral

Spiral New Member

cronstone bug event where everyone has a chance to get free pens and not get them removed

18. Noyah

How is this related to the thread topic? The question is what kind of events do you want to see in BDO. Not what kind of events didn't work as expected.

19. loboram

So sorry to keep this going but as you can see I did infact notice the message hence the my post asking please for a forum announcement -preferably more than a week in advance- of upcoming online Events just like you made one for the 8th Anniversary Celebration but for in-game events as well, pretty please with sugar on top, that way oldschool players like myself who keep tabs on the forum page (but not the Discord app) could have a proper chance of being an active part in the Events that the GamezBD Staff hosts on this site :)

20. xanikar

xanikar New Member

How about a shakatu seal drop event for like a week or something. Where mobs/harvesting/fishing etc have a chance of dropping like x shakatu seals. Maybe make world bosses drop 1 for everyone that participated in killing it.

Another more simple event is elite madness. making all elites respawn every minute or two. But only for like 30 minutes or an hour every x amount of time, like every other hour etc.

Another event that could be amusing is an 80% cdr on all skills for x amount of time. Not the most balance but just imagine having almost no cool downs and what you could do! xD

Double the drop rate double the fun, simple double the 5 or 10x drop rate to 10 or 20x for a short amount of time.

Skill madness, doubles the skill xp. While this one may not be for everyone it would allow new characters or players to get caught up in the amount of skill points they need faster. Since upgraded skills are massive.

Those are little events now onto one of the bigger events.

How about a limited time for like a month or two, ask the community to design an outfit one for each class. And have them design concept art or even model an outfit in bdo file structure, etc. Then once it's over you can add that outfit or make that outfit into the game and for x month/week you can buy that item from the pearl shop after which it will be retired to the web shop where you have to donate to get/buy cash. That way you can make money but you can also still give to the community/game and even have things normal bdo doesn't have.

And for the people that win and get their outfit put into the game. They get that outfit mailed to them for free. And they get like 100 or 200$ worth of cash onto their account as well as their name on the outfit like design/made by person example x. Or give them a cut for a year where every time their outfit is sold/bought they get 10% of the the donate currency for free.

This way the community has an incentive besides getting more costumes, and it promotes a community within the game as well as bring the community closer together with the devs etc.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018