1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rangers's dps T_T

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by tritium, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

2. chi111111

chi111111 New Member

Rangers on retail.... would i mean LITERALY 3-4 shot you ^_^ without being full ATK(and they dont have every single buff like rangers here do)

3. ThaPlayah

Bump for this thread

4. timtaylor

timtaylor Getting there

Damage on EAT sorc seemed fine for me (1-2.5k range on eat sorc).
    Can post ss if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  5. tritium

tritium Proficient

using the full first stigma tree ?

6. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

huoh.. so in short they need raise every phys user dmg?.. like templar.. its easy to hit 1k+attack and 750+ crit(buffed).. and still they do only 1k-2,5k dmg mostly whit gs.. + consiring abaut ranger attack speed.. they have op dmg.. + they are ranges.. so whats the point whine not be OP anymore.. rangers always been easy food if they not suprice enemy..

ahh yeah i play siel.. but like most of you know templar have dps/agro trees so dont say anything abaut stigma tree

7. Elcoloso

Elcoloso New Member

U dont have focused shot, scrolls, foods and u think that 1.1k(crit) is a bad DPS???!!! U must think that one sorc have arround 8k hp.
    Look if u want i give u all my glad gear for ur ranger gear. The glads skills re all wrong and i think that now the op char is sorc

8. Hersonissos

Hersonissos New Member

The first full stigma tree isnt meant to hit hard. The skills have low cd. You can't have best of both worlds, if you want crazy dps get second tree. DPS in first tree must have been wrong. You posted vid of simca, why do you think he doesnt use first tree? he uses hybrid.

9. timtaylor

timtaylor Getting there

I was using a Heart shot hybrid build so I can't say about Lightning, etc. I'm not saying I didn't see a damage decrease in Heart shot tree after the update (I did) but I still think its good, personally. The gale crit was for 1.2k. It will be interesting to see how everyone adapts to MR being fixed.
    << Trying a new build myself anyway.

10. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

They are guessing at the formula for damage. So, I can only assume they are leaving things out, or factoring them in wrong and getting weird results at the top and bottom of the builds. Things may 'appear' right, in the middle gear/skill/ping/ area, but when people have top gear and top skills and do shit damage... well something is wrong.

Ranger is a burst skill player, put on the buffs and blow shit up. They have 1 healing skill besides potions, and its a long cooldown shot that only regens based on the shitty damage they do.

We have to face the fact that Carl doesnt play a ranger so they will never be a viable pvp option except for the occational bug that slips through, but gets fixed quickly, poison bug, etc...

Now that MR is fixed, you see less and less rangers. Traps dont hit for shit, saw a gladi run through 5 of my traps and not a one hit, then a sorc did it, and of course a cleric never gets hit with traps. Anyone will full abg, which is everyone who is worth killing, just ignores silence arrow, it never lands now. Now full MR clerics run all over the map again with 38000 people chasing him because you just flat out cannot land anything on him that slows him down or stops him. Talk all you want about using MA stones to boost your chance to land silence, and I will say, what the hell i only do shit damage anyway. I have 800 attack unbuffed and when i see a gladi i just hide and try to get away from his aoe he will use to detect me.

Ranger vs gladiator now is a shame. Nothing lands and they aoe attack and hit rangers for 2 to 3k and they dont have any attack stones loaded up. Full attack stone ranger will do 1k max will full buffs and his best shots to a buffed up gladi.

Please change name of server to Gladiatorswillpwnyour****ingfaceZ, instead of GameZ. Sure, mages hurt now, but Gladiators with full MR are the worst to deal with.

11. Caligo

Caligo Proficient

Second tree is for noobs? Who is the one hitting like a noob with the first tree? Go and change to the other tree and be a real ranger.

Rangers are okay as they are. Go and learn how to play a ranger properly once again. Things change; you gotta change.

12. ThaPlayah

you are right when some on is full mr that doesn't means it's 0% chance to stun slow etc.. but who care about rangers ;)
    I have tested ma build and nothing changed.

13. ThaPlayah

watch ur mouth kid or who are you. If you don't like the thread just leave.
    Btw what char are u playing templar? cleric? or glad?O.O

14. Detox

Detox Proficient

Ranger's DPS has significantly changed I must say.
    I used to go toe to toe with all classes, now I can barely harm Templars \ Glads ( not noob ones ), Rangers with ABG is a ****ing pain with the uber defense, well Sorcs and SMs are still squishies though it's getting harder since they got finally balanced I guess.
    Chanters,Clerics and Assassins are normal.
    I have to say I used to deal MUCH more damage than now, I do around 500-1500 in a decent skill on a Ranger. and even worse on plate\chain guys.
    This personally doesn't bother me, I can still roll whoever I want, but generally when you raid it's a pain in the ass to get someone dead.
    PLUS, like, I don't know if this is 'retail-like' but why the **** is the Attack speed cap is 1.2 and not 0.6? Why did I buy a title then?
    While every other class starts to get boosted, Rangers are the disadvantaged class I think.
    Just my 2 cents.

15. EagleN

EagleN Expert

max atk speed = 50% weapon atk speed. atk speed of Bow is 2.4, so ranger max atk speed is 1.2. :)
    if u use 1 dagger u will get 0.6 at max.

16. tritium

tritium Proficient

In all case, rangers' dps has been nerfed and nobody can deny it. only noobs who don't even know how rangers work can still say "their dps is still fine" (first tree).

about rangers' dps, this server isn't retail like at all, no matters my build, no matters my buffs, rangers' dps has been raped...

this server isn't "retail-like" at all, but more "devs listen to the biggest mouths - like"...

17. ThaPlayah

dmg + mr test
    Aion - Xfire Video
    0% chance to silence +dmg? no comment
    and hes just in chain and guess what dmg i give to plate user? ;)

18. kampfgruppe

kampfgruppe Proficient

i use full egt set, full abg crit acce, veille bow+ GT fuse, crit 690+ ,full buff and my LETHAL ARROW only do 300+ damage on glad and my HEART only do 79 damage on templar.. had to make a new ranger cuz IDK WTF's happening to my account... Im on Siel and other rangers rape me with 2k-2.5k damage so i dont know if the server bullshits only me and me alone..

19. ThaPlayah

you aren't alone for sure

20. Velociraptor

Velociraptor The Dead Olevelo Forum Legend

ps: you shouldn't advice me about rangers build/skills/combos sry but i don't rly need :p (maybe you don't know who i am)

who are you :p (just asking) hehehe :D ^0^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.