1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chanter Knowledge

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by nikkix, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikkix

nikkix New Member

hi I'm niikkii on siel- Ely i was wondering my stuns and binds tend to miss be dodged resisted hell of a lot and wondered what magical accuracy and normal accuracy, was roughly needed to have a better chance on hitting the opponent in PvP solo, i rely when fighting alone on my stuns to hit. The reason for this is most my other big hit skills are when the opponent is in a stun or stumbled state. so plz post on here what accuary and magical accuary is good to get and show pics if possible :) thanks x:kewl:

2. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

first of all what gear do you use?

Chanters stuns dont have 100% success rate

they can be resisted or just not stun

3. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

My friend (Cumbe) had two sets if i remember right and he was very good.
    One set with Attack manastones and one with Magic Resist.
    Also fantaros is a very good chanter , take advices from him =)
    And so is Aleighby.

If you're rich , i guess u can have 3 sets.. one with attack to use against classes like cleric or ranger when u stunlock and damage him , one with m.resist to use against all spellcasters , one with parry to use against melee classes like glads/sins :S

1 person likes this.
  4. d1uh8

d1uh8 Proficient

im a chanter and i basically dont rely much on stuns but only stumble states :)

im a full MR build armor and full crit weapon type so for me as a chanter, Magical accuracy or Accuracy really dont matter...

i can pawn some and survive some gankings on inggison, all thanks to Ms.Rokowo for helping me :D

and only Ms.Rokowo ( Aleighby ) the only chanter i can't kill >_<

1 person likes this.
  5. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Aleighby has m.resist if i remember right , she was hard even for me to kill (I'm a sorc , sorcs r supposed to pwn everyone :D , tho now with the nerf.. not anymore)
    Cumbe had m.res and he was using it when i was nuking him then he was changing to atk , he's also very hard for me to kill.
    And fantaros.. this guy heals like a damn cleric , and his damage is awesome , i'm not sure if i can kill him :p never tried to pvp with him , but when me and him sometimes follow an elyos , he gets the kill *_* even though i'm supposed to as a sorc , lol.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fantaros

you can get me easy with your m.acc set petro don't worry ^^ even with m.res i like taking the kills xD

7. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Not anymore.
    casting speed capped to 70% and damage nerfed too much , my chances are low i guess.

8. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

never put magical accuracy on chanters since our best stun,inescapable judgement, is a physical attack.. infernal blaze is magic so, it can be resisted like binding word..

one thing about crit strike on staff: a succesful crit may have a chance of stumbling an enemy..

I put accuracy on my staff since chanters have low base accuracy..

9. nikkix

nikkix New Member

umm

i'm planning on changing my anuhart +15 set to egt +15 set my anuhart is full attack +5 to get max attack i can get i can work out how MR can help u to kill somone in battle extended ur explinations to help me more plz x

10. nikkix

nikkix New Member

duh where the hell did u get that avatar from lmfao

11. Fantaros

since you are gonna use an EGT set make it an attack set.. the fact you couldnt stun is cause of your gear.. maybe you were trying to stun pvp geared players.. on glads with UD ... change your set ... find a better staff and you will see the difference :)

12. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

talk to Terrorized :< He's the best chanter I know of o.o

13. rokowo

rokowo ... Forum Legend

You can try mr and block.

14. Fantaros

He is anuhart user and he is gonna change to egt.. mr is not usefull and block also.. he wants to be a killing machine :p

15. nikkix

nikkix New Member

Exactly

i want to be a killing machine but will egt give me the resist and defense i need for a better chance in a battle in core i notice most chanters can easily do a 2v1 but i seem to die to often maybe thats because i ant got my 18% defense boost yet but i dunno plz help im very confused do i want magic resist or attack i use yess staff atm +15 with taha spear fused and full crt strike to get soft cap

16. Fantaros

you mean taha staff.. its better to use attack.. but sorcs will kill you easy since you will have a low m.res. you are going to hold better than anuhart since the egt has the pvp stats.. dont worry

17. nikkix

nikkix New Member

trying to find somone with 1.6m ap spare or would swap for bunch 80+ stones coz atm im not really able to get ap :(

18. Fantaros

good luck then :)

19. PivotNoir

PivotNoir Proficient

..chanters :D

use crit & accu~ egt wont give u the resist that u desired only the pvp-def, i suggest to stack m.ress on other chain set.. like say~ miragent & when ur on your resist set swap ur staff to shield & mace for max m.ress :)

add:
    do note that chanters isnt actually a good damage dealer or else it'd be abit imba~ & as much as i hate runners, but most chanters after their super-buff expired they tend to always activate celerity & ran.. which is why i dont play my chanter much, i prefer to stand[not literally] on my ground & die trying to heal myself or my group members~ while chanter heals is abit.. u know :p

i'm not a vip, sorry :cool:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  20. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Well, seeing that most people have ABG now, you pretty much already have a base stat of 1.4k-1.5k MR, whereas, you'll only have about 1.2k Magical accuracy as a Chanter with an ABG/Mast Staff, so your stuns won't really land through that :\ So you can't rely on Stuns as much on Gamez, unless you socket Magical Accuracy.. Which I wouldn't exactly suggest x.x I myself have two sets ~ Attack/Crit/Parry, and the other is MR. I also tend to kite and jump heal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.