1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Templar skill Provoking Shield Counter is not working properly.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by tempforthewin, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

It doesn't stumble even though the target is stunned. So... I reported this already.

2. EagleN

EagleN Expert

have just tested.
    Shield Counter > Provoker Shield Counter : success on stumble
    Divine Justice > Provoke Shield Counter: success on stumble
    Shield bash > Provoke Shield Counter : fail on stumble

3. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Shield Bash is made for Provoking Shield Counter, it's like a chain of skills.

4. Gothic

Gothic Proficient

shield bash -> knockback >.<

5. EagleN

EagleN Expert

exactly.

shield bash effect is Knock back. but knock back = push back + stun. and when it's stun, PSC can stumble. :)

6. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Then can we assume that Shield Bash is bugged?

7. EagleN

EagleN Expert

i dont really know.
    but about game mechanic, Knock back = push back + stun.
    and when r knocked back. there's an icon of KB effect. it says "Stunned - u r knocked back with a shock"

8. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

I found the problem. The server doesn't recognize Knock Back as stun.

9. Karemiwen

Karemiwen New Member

This is correct. On retail shield bash doesn't count as a stun.

10. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Even its stun it isun's 100% so...Get shieldburst and you won't have problems with stuble :)

11. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Sorry, my apologizes I didn't mean Divine Justice, I meant Holy Punishment and yes, I did get it to work finally. Did they fix it? I tried doing it continuously the other night before on three different players with no success so it was disheartening to not get a successful stumble. However it seems to be working now which I'm glad to see.

Nice Find!

Edit: I've done some research on the retail forums and it's legitimate with Shield Bash not coinciding to work with Provoking Shield Counter. Because although Shield Bash does stun it also gives knock back which in turn will not proc with PSC.

So with this in tow, it makes sense and its perfectly legitimate. Evilset did indeed fix it right with retail, so no more Shield Bash into PSC into Break Power.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  12. redcox

redcox Proficient

I just jumped in to this conversation and I'm just going to point out that Provoking Shield Counter - Aion Skill - aiondatabase.com works. I know this because my main is a Templar and I use that skill on PvP quite often. I don't have a problem with this skill or whatsoever.

Block Rate might not be 100% perfect but it works at least to trigger the block-triggered skills and they do trigger frequently enough for me.

13. EagleN

EagleN Expert

if KB isnt considered as a stun effect. then PSC is perfectly fine. i dont really know about this cus i dont play temp in retail. how ever, 1 sure thing is KB is a physical effect. :D
    more reason for temp to add block and use counter shield as main stun.

14. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Shield bash wont make provoking work. I know because the moment me and a friend hit 55 on retail we kept trying and it never worked, but the shield stun that procs from a block and the other ones work. I swear temps here just want it so easy.

15. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the Temp players here that none of us want it to be easy-mode as a Templar. All of us here are simply looking for it to be as close as possible to resemble the retail version. If you had prior knowledge to this then you should've made this post a lot sooner, unless of course you didn't notice this thread until now. I played retail prior to the release of PSC so I had no idea how it properly worked hence why I myself assumed that SB would work into PSC.

At least after doing proper research I was able to find out that SB doesn't allow PSC, however even with this removed we still have a lot of other real options into getting a stumble which will allow us to get into our BP Skill. I'm sure now we'll potentially be seeing a lot more Shield Burst Templars as well.

I know I'm going off topic here, but in case some Templar players here don't know here's a video of Shield Burst and how to extend its range.

‪Aion 2.5 Shield Burst Jumping shot -

I've actually used this tactic when I engaged against Asmodians and I can say that it has tremendous potential when used correctly since it guarantees a kd no matter what, and only a 30s cd. Not only that but as seen in the video that it can land as far away as 9m away when done correctly, so it gives you more leeway.

This is why I've made two Templars now because if you go down the 2nd tree completely with SB you will lose out on your healing skill, and versatility imo. However it makes you more powerful and offensive oriented so it'll be interesting.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  16. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

lol, it's my fellow templar Eureka from Zikel. it took him about an hour to master it. ANd damn, i didn't want anyone else to know about this skill. Didn't expect Eureka to post a video of it.

17. tempforthewin

tempforthewin New Member

If I had played templar in retail I would'nt have posted this. However, I did not waste my time much in retail and I am glad I did not. I only want things to work as they should and it looks like this is how it should work. The shield bash and psc was a great combo for doing breakpower fast but there are other ways to smash people with templar. I don't complain =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.