1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gladiator Stumble each Critical

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Menina, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackychant

Jackychant New Member

if a stumble gives a crit , i would appriciate a video to show us it's happening, ill take extra care when pvping the glads then...

2. xtolax

xtolax was fun while it lasted

check zen's vid.

3. EagleN

EagleN Expert

it's crit give stumble

1 person likes this.
  4. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Passive to increase it doesn't mean its supposed to stumble this many times, otherwise they'd be one of the best classes in retail, which in reality, they aren't even considered within the Top-4 best classes on retail. .

Temp vs Glad 2.5
    ‪AION 2.5 Templar

At 0:46 the Templar gets attacked by one, then two Gladiators who basically maul the Templar with skill strings and attacks. While in UD you'll notice that the Templar doesn't even suffer one single stumble effect. However within a similar situation in Gamez, you would be carved onto the pavement already. Same thing at 6:49, the Templar again in UD doesn't even receive One Stumble, and once more if this scenario was to occur in Gamez, you would've been on your back more then once already.

The video below is longer as well, but also count how many times the Templar player while in UD is knocked down vs Glad/Chanter etc, etc. These videos show that the ratio of stumble effect in retail is significantly less then what is being seen in Gamez currently.
    ‪AION 2.5 Templar PVP - Inquisitor

At this point the stumble occurrence is far too high and great. You simply do not get stumbled this many times in retail, especially when Unwavering Devotion is activated, the % percentage ratio at the moment isn't correct. UD is doesn't give a 100% stumble resistance due to Glads having a passive stumble effect, however the UD resistance is supposed to be an extremely high percentage. This coincides with what is occurring within those videos as well.

I've actually tried to get the exact percentage from Retail however I've been unsuccessful thus far, and will try to ask again when I have more time.

I've already made a mention of this on the Bug thread along with the videos, and yes, their is more videos which showcases the same results as well on youtube, not just these two, I just simply didn't want to go through the 10,000 videos to show proof for each one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. Alwaysthirsty

Alwaysthirsty New Member Forum Legend

Sounds like some baddies that roll around in zergs pissed they rolled squishy and can't hang. Glad's are more geared on Gamez then on retail, meaning more crit, increasing the KD's overall.

Cry more.

6. JayCrow

JayCrow Few crows short of murder

Let me guess. You got a gladiator, amirite?

Well going from your angle, glads are more geared in here than on retail, sure. But what about the other classes that are also buffed in here? Oh right, glads are the only class buffed in here.

7. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Lol i ll say it again,glad is dangerous only if you are a mage or a ranger (not on sins,sins have way higher hp than a ranger,better buffs and all). Glads are nothing..

8. ThaPlayah

ThaPlayah .:: Retired ::.

glads are nothing? roflmao D:

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Legit funny story ;)

A gladiator managed to stumble me even when he was blind yesterday. Even though his attack missed.

DA FAUK MAN?

10. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Gladiators are breakfast for my cleric. I can take 5 glads at the same time,and kill them all.

All you need is a block set,and if they got a magic resist set then you surely need a magic accuracy set,and i have all those types..

11. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Shame block isn't working o.o

12. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

It works now .

13. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

if you want I can help you make that video D:

14. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Thats what u said earlier and I still got hit throughs lots :<

15. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Reading your post I can obviously get the idea that you've never ever played high-end Retail Aion before. You severely underestimate how well geared players are within Retail. You have to think here that although not everyone is running around in Full Eternal gears it doesn't mean that they lack the critical capabilities.

Firstly end game fights in retail, on the majority everyone is wearing nearly equivalent gears which is usually the case. So for most times within high-end confrontations, you'll meet more newbies in retail without question, but you'll also run into more players of equal or greater gears then yourself.

The most important part that you left out on your incredible post is that you just need to have enough crit to overtake what your opponent is capable of defending in order to have a higher success rate. In retail, the usual required critical rate amount is actually less but can achieve the same value success rate of what we are used to seeing here in Gamez (speaking about crits mind you).

Its not even entirely uncommon to see players in Gamez running around in 600 crit or more, while in retail, most don't even come to that value, however they still obtain the same crit success. So the ratio of stumble effect of Retail vs Gamez Aion stumble ratio is not going to be so drastically different because of this. This is why the equipment argument is redundant because in retail you can do the same but with less. Now if your speaking about damage output then that's completely different all together.

Also not to be rude, but the entire "Cry more" stop "QQing" or "Noob" statements from some of you are beginning to become increasingly annoying. Can we try to speak like mature people without resorting to the improperly uneducated 11 yr old rants.

If you disagree and believe its correct then make the effort to disprove that we are saying. However its become quite obvious that stumble effect for Glad in terms of ratio is significantly greater then what it really should be.

3 people like this.
  16. DingDing

DingDing Getting there

Yea erm, getting stumble through UD isn't really fun. An Elder geared gladiator can stumble me through UD.

17. Venenosa

Venenosa Lady Taiga

Stumble rate bugged.
    You still get stumbled with devotion by noob anuhart.

18. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Was in Dredge on Retail last night, and the other group had three Glads~ Only got one or two Knock downs on me from the lot of them, and 1 of the knock downs was from the Chant.

Oh right, and if you want to say "Meh, not geared enough", or whatever rubbish you want to say, take a look at one of the Glads ~

Character Search | My Aion

F
    ull ABG + Uses crit scrolls/other acc/crit scrolls~

19. Alwaysthirsty

Alwaysthirsty New Member Forum Legend

I played retail for 2 years, what do I win? Seriously, did I upset you so badly that you felt the need to write me a novel?

20. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

Terror I don't want to be a Dick but those guys barely hit the 1.8k accuracy and stumble rate is based on accuracy, not crit. you need 2.5k+ accuracy to stumble that much.

my glad has 2.7k accuracy with polearm and 2.9k with greatsword.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.