1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

God - an animate being, or a perfect concept?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Lucent, Jul 31, 2011.

1. madness666

madness666 New Member

Satan might be in hell waiting for you but What is hell? Where is hell?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

so your'e saying I can turn on the fan and feel "god"?

I come from a mixture of sperms and ovules that germinated what I am today, I come from my mother's vagina.

+1kk to this :)

I'm satan and my house is hell, bow now servant.

3. madness666

madness666 New Member

Here come an idiot. DONT SHOOT ME.

4. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

sure alt account ;o seems like you don't have the balls to post from your main one huh.

5. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

It's true my truth doesn't make it true for others, and neither does belief. I do believe that people should have the freedom to, but at the same time I also have the freedom to disbelieve, and to tell them that I don't. I even have the freedom to attack what they believe, cause I'm not causing anyone harm. That's the same as going places and having religious things forced into my face, being told I'm going to hell for not believing, and all these other things.

Personally, I attack peoples beliefs because I find them to be a bad thing, religion may have done good things but its also done many many bad things ,that even the religious people are aware of. Many of the wars fought in our history have been over religion, many people have died in the name of god.. now does the comfort level of people equal the life of others? No, I don't think that. Every life is important, and everyone should get to experience all the great things life has to offer on their own.

You could attack me for how I feel about love, and I'd argue it with you. On mutual grounds that I understand you're an intelligent person, and I can communicate with you without personal attacks and insults. Love isn't anything factual, it's how we define it.. if you want to define it as something biblical, then I'll argue.

As for wisdom, I've studied every religion quite thoroughly, I grew up Christian then start having questions, so I explored other possibilities and learned how similar many of the religions are, and how illogical it all started to sound to me. First, I said that all religions were so close to one another that they all must have some truth. Then I started to think about how cynical this god person must be, to let all these things happen, and to damn those that didn't agree with the things he said to eternal damnation. How cruel is that? To give an example, your child does something wrong in school, do you give him a slap on the wrist and guide him in the right direction, or chastise him and punish him to the highest degree of suffering?

Then, the close to death experiences.. and yes I have been there, when I was 17 I was a big cutter, and even jumped in an attempt to kill myself, I woke up a few hours later to my father crying, and I realized how stupid I was, stupid for taking something from him, from those that do care about me. I didn't find solace in god like I tried, I had a hard time believing someone that was supposed to care would let all these terrible things happen to me, and to other people, and places in the world. I didn't even have it half as bad as others. I stood up on my feet, and tried to be stronger, not for anyone, or god, but for myself.. because I am worth it. I don't need anyone, and neither does anyone else.

To me, I view acceptance of religion as weakness that people aren't able to carry themselves on their own two feet, and they admit they can't handle the pressures of life. It helps them feel more empowered, and gives them hope, that maybe the next life, the one in heaven, will be better then this one... and I agree, this life sucks, we live in a harsh world and things are tough. Instead, I find my solace other places, and I'm happy. I'm happy knowing that if I die tomorrow and there's nothing after, that I enjoyed the time I had.

So, as to opinions.. I don't need god to be happy, and I don't think anyone else does. They just need to find their own strength within their self, and for all the terrible things that have happened in the name of religion, I find those who fall back to it to be weak or ignorant.

4 people like this.
  6. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

damn all the wall posts...

anyway.

God is something YOU yourself believed in and is YOU think is superior than YOU.

God cannot be argued.

God is what you believe in to.

7. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

8. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

It was rough but I'm not complaining, I'm happy with where I am in life, I only with I had a good job with decent pay =p

I know you're religious and I wont try to talk you out of that, I hope things work out the best for you :]

1 person likes this.
  9. jj011185

1 person likes this.
  10. Jessica

im not really religious in a way that i dont go into churches anymore like for years now. That link i posted its not a church-oriented religion, its more like a bible-study mostly and praying(Not praying the same thing again and again like more catholic religions do:Our father, Holy mary and prayers like that they dont do it)
    o_0

11. jj011185

God the nipples on your avatar >:[

12. Jessica

that is work of art, master editing skills. Too bad im not aegis, he can have avi and sig with nippies showing.

13. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

god is nothing more than a bed time story told to teach little kids about good and kindness, me thinks :D

14. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

This kindof got derailed ;_;

To clarify a bit - I myself don't even believe in God, I haven't since I was about 9 or 10. However, interesting thoughts sometimes make me ponder, if there was a God, would God really be some animate being - a human or animal of sorts - or was the entire intention of the creation of God (by himself or those that came up with the imaginary idea of him) just to spread a concept, some form of hope, possibility, etc. for people to use as a guiding light in their life?

Maybe God was never meant to be real in the first place, we just turned an idea into a deity so we could more easily grasp the concept and meaning behind him, and then it turned into an infectious war of religions and beliefs.

Thats what I'm curious of, not whether or not he IS real.

15. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Sorry about that ;p to prove my point was the intentions of my derail, it just kinda got fun from there. :]

Point, being, that the concept can certainly exist.. I do see the good a deity can offer to people as that beacon of hope when nothing is there for them, some hidden motivation that keeps people in a sort of balance with eachother to coexist in peace and good nature. I'm sure real or not, religions could have been made by someone in hopes to create these sort of balances, to give people hope where it doesn't exist and all that stuff.

The problem then, is the twisted nature people have, there's to many people that would use something like that to their advantage, to control or manipulate people or society itself however they want to. The same applies if the god was an animate being.. basically, it was a good intention gone bad in my opinion, or to answer your question, a perfect concept.

Sorry to anyone I may have offended in this thread. <3

1 person likes this.
  16. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

The concept of God is an interesting thing indeed. A being so powerful that it is considered to be omnipotent. Whether or not God is an animate being or a collection of the human consciousness, like in Code Geass, can be said to be one in the same. Gods have existed pretty much sense the beginning of recorded civilization. Going back to the old gods of Roman and Greek myth, you see the same basic concepts you do today, except most of the major religions are now monothiestic.

God and religion does have the ability to unite people for the better when used properly, but sadly that is not the case much anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. Throughout the centuries religion and God have been used to justify some of the greatest atrocities of mankind, pre-dating even the Inquisition. Things such as the Salem Witch Trials, cults, etc , for instance, are used to instill fear more than anything. Religion is now pretty much a tool of war. The Crusades, the "jihads" of modern day, etc. It is used to justify why they should fight other individuals. Religion is pretty much a shadow of its former self because of this.

I, myself, do not subscribe to any religion. I have not believed in any sort of God for quite some time. My reasons are my own and are only known to a select few. I base my own moral ethics on the way I was raised and not by the creed of a God. I am unflinchingly kind for the most part and have always been a good person. I do not need a book written by mankind or any diety or really anyone for that matter to shape who I am as a person. God, to me, is nothing more than a concept used to bring people together and give them hope in such a horrible world.

1 person likes this.
  17. Supermanglide

Supermanglide New Member

think it an extra tale that tends to make really feel just one content, and possess a purpose. this type of as, "Oh yes, there is genuinely a god that will help save me, so I may possibly reside eternally at peace in heaven."

Cheap Gucci Shoes
    Cheap Gucci Boots
    Gucci Designer Shoes

18. mynameishmm

mynameishmm i got robbed!

its what you call FAITH!!

19. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

No, it's stupid.