1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Be Resposible with your costumers

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Frenemy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Chantix&Assantix

Chantix&Assantix Well-Known Member

Pëople , Stop QQing lols

1 person likes this.
  2. Disentia

Disentia Getting there

They reeaally need to give warning. Hate when I'm killing something, or extracting some items.. then 30 second warning that prevents you from doing anything, meaning mobs can kill you, and your extracting won't go through, so your item may be gone with no stones when you get back. Fun stuff right there.

3. dallenforth

dallenforth Getting there

I really wish they would get multiple hosts instead of using 1 for everything and causing lag

1 person likes this.
  4. Dexxor

Dexxor New Member

I think people need to take a chillpill. As said earlier, we play on a free service, for a game that is usually charged a monthly fee. If what you want is perfection (which actually doesnt even exist in the retail version) well then go play on the official servers.

There will always be some bugs ect with private servers, its pretty much close to impossible to avoid. Trust me I speak of experience, since i used to be a lead coder/designer on another private server back in the past, and its not always as easy as it might sound/look. So lets all give the admin and the owner a small break, im sure they are doing their best to fix these issues asap. :sideways:

5. Disentia

Disentia Getting there

Or get a host that has 8gb ram or more, overclocked, capable of multi-tasking, keeping the ports in your router open to keep connections flowing quickly, get a couple extra fans to keep the computer from over heating.. You know, the things that make your comp go incredibly fast. lol.

6. Nutzu

Nutzu Banned

yes but some ppl donated and they expect more from server^ ^

7. Rinaya

Rinaya Proficient

ima tell you right now, some of these GM's are only around 15-16 years old, they are just so excited to be GM's and use the admin panel and what not. Thats it..

me, im almost 20, and i was a GM on Everquest for almost 8 years lol.. But they hire these GM's who have 0 experience and have no idea what they are doing, or how to run a server.

1 person likes this.
  8. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

All I ask is them to be honest and to let us know about the progress...

There is a HUGE lack of communication between the STAFF and the PLAYERS. They throw us an update, here and there and want us to be happy with that... Well sry but we are not sheeps, we warm the Carl's pocket...

1 person likes this.
  9. Nutzu

Nutzu Banned

you can say that again,i think they should have a age restrict,at least 18 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. Arsuf

Arsuf Well-Known Member

Well I care less about the bugs coz I know they are trying to fix it. But this frequent server down/crashes/reboots is not good anymore. I think that should be the priority issue to be fix.

1 person likes this.
  11. nickky

nickky Getting there

so u jsut make thes accoutn to tell as to chill we did thes for weeks now but we have no info about anything they ar trying to fix and liek i sed is is not funny anymore :sick:

12. Alloyman

Alloyman New Member

Crash, Reboot,Offline Lag Server Always!!!

Why the server was always Lagging, Crashing etc... Man how long it could be fixed??? :pinched:

13. Rinaya

Rinaya Proficient

the reason i was a GM was because my dad was, i was 6 at the time, my dad showed me how to do it, and i helped GM everquest from 6-14 and then my friend and i GM'd on a Cabal private server, they should really hire people with Experience, yea the GM's are nice. But they give out free shit to their friends and what not, which is not fair to the donaters..

14. Arsuf

Arsuf Well-Known Member

WTH????:sad::sad::sad:

15. pompeye

pompeye Getting there

all these crashes and random lag spikes (you know, when the whole server stops responding and no one is able to move) are quite annoying. i'm not really sure why they announce server upgrades. to be honest, i don't really notice any difference. i feel like it's the exact same server as the one at the previous location.

previous datacenter server = lag spike, crash
    new server = lag spike, crash
    server hardware upgraded = lag spike, crash
    totally no improvement.

so yes, why upgrade? if you will update, be sure to consider much better hardwares, at least double the current server specs. (if the system allows it). if what players pay are considered "donations", then be sure those stay as donations (donation = contribution to a certain cause, right?). use them to upgrade the server (even though we all know where are those donations going towards...).

16. Rinaya

Rinaya Proficient

To be honest, from the looks of things. I hate to be a sad sack, but if they do not do something, i really think Carl is just going to shut down the server, take the money, and disappear.. That's why i refuse to donate until all this is fixed.

2 people like this.
  17. Dexxor

Dexxor New Member

Well I can tell you that I donated myself the first day I came here. The reason? Well its what keeps this project alive, hosting ect isnt free.

But yea its better to just chill out, do something else while the server is down, instead of people making tons of threads complaining, which end up taking time for admin to either close em down or so.

I wont judge people on their age, that is very wrong in my oppinion, since I have seen people with very different skill levels ect, no matter their age.

The base job of an ingame gm, would prob be giving support to those that need it, and offering solutions to simple problems.

The problem is just that some people, make petitions about everything and nothing. So they kinda expect those "junior" GM's to sort everything out for em, where alot of those problems, prob. should be taking to a higher rank GM or taken to the forums for bugs or suggestions forums, for the coders instead.

18. Rinaya

Rinaya Proficient

@Dexxor, You are right, i shouldnt judge by age, cause i was a young GM to. But the way they act, giving free shit out to their friends, and what not.. Is not a way a GM should behave.

And i believe, if they are going to be a GM, they should be very Active.. If you "have a life" Or are out doing alot of stuff and not being an active GM, then dont take up the responsibility in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  19. aptallar

aptallar Proficient

Nicely Said
    +1:sideways:

20. Dexxor

Dexxor New Member

Nope certainly didnt make an account to tell you to chill, just havent found other topics i felt like posting in before this one. :wink: