1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP - 2

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Should we have Ground PvP?

1. Yes!

190 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No!

29 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. ryang

ryang Banned

I think the 55 to 6 truly demonstrates a rough ratio. Of course in game it may be different, but it is worth a shot. This way it gives DIVERSITY like aegis mentioned. You have both options available to you, not just 1. You can of course be sick of pvping on the ground/air and go pvp in the abyss/rifts. The defense against it is more PVE based than PVP based...

1 person likes this.
  2. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well the previous poll stayed at around 88-91% for yes, and it didn't have the extra voting option this one does.

3. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

What was the point of the third option, tbh?

Either people want ground PvP, or they don't. Whether or not staff will take notice of the poll has no effect on what members want...

4. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well, in the previous poll, people were voting no because they didn't believe staff were paying attention, there were a couple that posted about it.

It doesn't make sense though, does it?

5. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

To be honest, out of all the forums i've been a member on, this community is one of the hardest to understand...

6. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Yeah, it makes about as much sense as someone not wanting forts because they dropped a fruit loop this morning.

7. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

I don't see you getting "Forced" ground pvp on high rate. It's a free fly server get over it. Now that being said there is a ground abyss coming that we could probably exclude from this since it was a pvp area designed for ground combat.

Taking away free fly is not going to force people to ground pvp.

-zp

8. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Win. It's a free-fly server. If you don't want free-fly, go to crystalaion since it was essentially created for all you QQers that didn't want free-fly. Why is it dead? Because no one really wants no free-fly and there's not enough people that do.

9. vRisen

vRisen Banned

No, people love ground pvp, but you're forgetting crystalaion is a LOW RATE server. It's meant for PvE from what I heard, but seriously, who wants to farm 6 months to get full gold?

Yeah, in about 6 months.
    1.9 = Big update, took 2 months to implement.
    2.0 = BIGGER update, expect 3+ months.
    2.0 = Released in september, so that's at LEAST november.
    I don't feel like waiting 4 months just to kick some ass on the fucking ground, that's where 99% of skills are available to use.
    Honestly, it's so fucking boring flying around trying to PvP properly when you have to be 0 meters (DW glad) to land a hit on something.
    Nobody is being forced to do anything, most of the players will like this addition, that's the only thing that IA beats this server by, because PvP there is actually kind of fun.
    Seriously, we'd still be able to PvP on both AIR and GROUND, I don't get why you have to have Air combat EVERYWHERE, it's so boring. It wouldn't kill the server for a little fucking variety.

I can imagine 90% of the server doesn't even visit the forums, so how about this: a kind GM make a world announcement in peak times, having the people who want to vote at separate intervals, honestly, you might want to start with the "No" people first, because he's going to crash when he asks "Yes".

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  10. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

No one I ever play with does ground pvp. I play with a lot of people.
    2.0 is already being worked on. In fact we can add 2.0 content now but are not. Once September gets here we can start adding content.

We advertise free fly, we can;t just take it away. 60 votes hardly makes a majority. There over 1000 active users. You get me over 500 votes and we'll talk. End of discussion. =p

-zp

11. ryang

ryang Banned

Just like to point out that no one does ground pvp because its simply not possible. You try to ground pvp and then the people who can still fly will destroy you. Baluria is a far way away from what I understand, and a complete shift to it will take time just like 1.9 took time...

12. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Balurea is already available with npc's/drops etc. It would force everyone to upgrade their aion. Theres already a 2.0 server core available which includes all the 1.9 and new 2.0 stuff thats been done. We're just not upgrading before retail since it's from aion's retail beta test server.

-zp

1 person likes this.
  13. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well is there anything you can do to advertise this thread? So we can get more votes?

I like that you've already gotten some work done on 2.0, but that's still a month away. :/

If we get enough votes to be considerable, would it be possible to temporarily implement this, until 2.0 comes out? Taking an in-game vote would be easier.

14. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

No because you need the retail test server files which would force everyone to upgrade to beta files that aren't officially released.

You need to ask a gm to announce in game, thats not up to me.

The final say is up to Carl but I would bring it up if there were enough votes to take away free fly. I have no problem with "majority rule" but I don't think that many people want it taken away.

People who aren't on the forums complaining about it are probably content with it being the way it is which means you are vastly out numbered.

BTW, along with adding lannoks were also testing updates that correctly calculate distance to target so attacking works better and extendables are calculated correctly.

-zp

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  15. Raika

Raika New Member

So far from reading this thread, I've seen most people that want free fly just say "THIS IS FREE FLY SERVER" or "GTFO GO TO CRYSTAL AION" or " I don't want to have to fly to PvE!"

Yes, This is a free fly server but sometimes change is for the better this was also advertised as a retail features. Ground PvP is a retail feature imo.

Most people want free fly but don't want low rate they are different. Crystal Aion has maybe 70 people on at a time? 20 of which are max level. So not much chance in finding PvP.

It's not because people don't like ground PvP. It's because it's low rate.

I'm pretty sure the reason for high rate is to get to end game as quick as possible and gear out and PvP, Not to PvE. This was also advertised as a PvP server.

I don't see the problem in having both aspects of PvP. If they don't want to PvP on ground. There is the Abyss.

16. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

It's because all the people who like it the way it is are in game playing while the rest of you are on the forums complaining and QQ'ing, :lol:

-zp

17. ryang

ryang Banned

+1. What you are forcing us to do is have flight pvp all the time zero. Why not give both options by doing this? Honestly taking free fly won't hurt a single soul. And crystal is dead beyond repair, and it is not because no one wanted free fly. I would tell you what happened there but i'd get banned. But crystal's pvp was still bugged since anti flight barriers never worked and there were not enough people to rift and meet. I just hate how this FORCES us to ground pvp, but by doing this, you can go abyss for flight pvp and rift for ground. More options is better...

18. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Sorry, I meant for rift zones to be anti-fly zones to be implemented, not 2.0, haha, sorry.

I tested this, it only worked for me if I had both weapons extending, and for me to have two extending weapons meant my damage was shit.

I couldn't have said that better myself, as for the people telling us to go to crystal there's been one person who stands out from the others, and that would be yunis, he/she just wants attention, that's all.

19. ryang

ryang Banned

I would like to point out that a lot of the major people who support this tried Q.Qing but either went to infinite or a certain other server. Some people bare the horrid rates on infinite just for the ground pvp...I don't see how this argument is effective. There are just as many people who like flight pvp as ground pvp. You simply are forcing flight pvp and ignoring ground pvp.

20. Detox

Detox Proficient

Uh , just like I already said , Free Fly won't be disabled , but there are solutions that could favor both Air and Ground PvP.
    And I think it's not much of a big deal to get a certain zone and disable fly there.