1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP - 2

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Should we have Ground PvP?

1. Yes!

190 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No!

29 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. WakaFlocka

WakaFlocka New Member

all this complaining, to me it seems they not gonna change it...so why not just make crystal the same damn rates as gamez to it can get a population over there for ppl who dont want to free fly but dont wanna take 90 years to have decent gear too?

2. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Yeah, I wouldn't be here if there were implemented, I was on IA forums often, raging because of the shit they did / didn't do.

I don't do that here, you guys know what the hell you're doing. This is just the only thing that I feel this server should have.

Oh, answer this, if everyone loves ground pvp so much, how come the people that stay in heiron/belu duel on the GROUND and not in the air?

I just asked bryne if he could broadcast a message, either he isn't allowed to, or he doesn't want to.

3. Raika

Raika New Member

This is the kinda of response I'm talking about. Was there really a point in posting that other than to flame?

I know many people that want ground PvP but do not come on the forums.

We are not "QQ'ing" or "Complaining".

We are discussing the good/bad reasons to ground PvP being implemented.

It may seem one-sided because I have yet to see people that want free fly to stay, give a valid reason other than flaming.

4. ...

... Proficient

as much as i like flying i 100% on ground pvp but in dp n such still good to have normal flight cause i wont want to fight my way throught all those monster i usally solo dp alot. anything other then instance or abyss should be ground pvp i still want free fly on towns maps but limit to like a min or so pretty can air pvp n ground pvp.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. vRisen

vRisen Banned

No flight zones
    ONLY CONCERN RIFT AREAS
    I've said this over & over, maybe bigger text will fix this problem.

6. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Majority Rules?

1 person likes this.
  7. Pedrospr

Pedrospr Proficient

SOLO DP? thought u needed a group to enter =O
    plz tell how

8. vRisen

vRisen Banned

That's a bit off topic.. but you just need to be in a group to enter, they don't have to enter.

9. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

LOL. You mad. First of all, crystalaion was created specially for people that wanted retail-like features on a private server. After all the people QQ'ed, one topic being no free-fly, Carl specifically made crystalaion to have no free-fly and said that gamezaion will stay free-fly. You've been around almost as long as me seeing you registered in the same month so I think you were here when crystalaion was created. Gamezaion is NOT meant to be a retail-like server with no free-fly, it's suppose to be quick, fast-paced - a PvP server that people can level up to lv. 55 and join in the PvP.

Crystalaion was not only meant for PvE, but for people that enjoy retail-like features, and if you do enjoy them, then go there and not here, or just quit altogether since apparently, "it's so fucking boring." There's just no point in using those words here :lol:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  10. ...

... Proficient

i party someone then enter it myself of couse thats only way wat i mean by solo dp is that i kill the monsters myself without any ones hlp of couse not to boss cause i die after getting their hp 1/4 of the way.

11. Raika

Raika New Member

What exactly does that have to do with having ground PvP?

Stop bringing up Crystal. The server is already dead. It started out with too many things not working and no population.

It sounds like you are mad imo.

12. Prestige

No, I'm not mad at all o_o

You just registered a forum account. Crystalaion is dead because the people there raged and made it dead, that's the reason. It was fine in the beginning, but being impatient and greedy, that self-destructed their own server, at least the better part of the good players that actually supported that server.

Ground PvP = retail-like
    Retail-like = not Gamezaion

13. Raika

Raika New Member

So I made a new forum account? Doesn't mean I didn't have one from before.

Gamezaion has alot of things that are retail-like. Just because it's retail-like doesn't mean it's not fun.

14. Prestige

If you want fun, go to Disney Land.

No that was a joke. Retail-like, but not PvP-wise, hence the 100% chains.

15. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Look. You can argue whatever you want. It's not going to recommend we change anything. All I see is you and a handful of other people who want this changed.

It's a free flight server, advertised as a free flight server, has always been a free flight server. It's not going to change unless a majority of the users want it changed and the boss wants it done. There is no evidence to support this other than the handful in this thread which is minuscule compared to our population.

Personally I wouldn't go to another server unless they had free flight. No one is forcing you to play here. If anything our numbers are increasing.

Even if it was taken away I don't see an influx of ground pvp, just a bunch of pissed off players because free flight and high rate attracted them and now it's been taken away. I specifically came here because it is a free flight AND high rate. High rate servers are a dime a dozen on their own.

It's not getting changed. Get over it.
    Wait for balurea or explore other options.

-zp

1 person likes this.
  16. Prestige

Yeah, if they don't listen to you here, then you're just wasting your time and energy (even typing) with them since they'll probably keep disagreeing anyway.

17. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Zer0;
    Do you have the forum power to lock threads?

18. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Well evidentially they don't want it bad enough if they won't login the forums. It wasn't a flame, it's the truth. Like I said previously, get 500 people and we can talk.

Regardless of who wants it with the exception of carl and his or what the reasons are whether good or bad, there will not be any major changes unless a majority wants it or carl wants it. Period.

Your walking in to wendy's and asking for a big mac. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. :lol:

-zp

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Nope. I'm just a lowly developer that doesn't get paid and bats complaints in my free time. :lol:

-zp

19. lightning90

lightning90 Proficient

QQ: we want retail stoof D:
    Carl: *makes Crystal*
    QQ: but we want it on gamez D:
    Carl: *epic facedesk*
    ----------------------------------------------
    had to do it.

back to topic, i voted staff don't care. but only because that's the closest thing i had in mind, not that they really don't care. the reason why i voted "they don't care" is.. well i wont try telling KFC guys to stop selling chickens because they will keep selling chickens. Cuz most of their customers lurve fried chickens.

gamez was advertised as free fly. and that got them a hefty amount of players. why would they change that? if i want some fishes, i'll go to seafood restaurant, not KFC.

i know that it's a suggestion, but after making shitloads of money on a server that was(and currently is) advertised as "free-fly", it should be considered as something like "core mechanics" or something right about now. means changing that would change the entire server (i'm talking about the majority that came here from the "free-fly" feature.).

Carl made crystal to respond to the no free-fly and retail like stuff plea(not QQ. i respect you guys), but you wont give some efforts over there. why? 6 months for getting top gear? pfft. i played on 20X before i drop by gamez, it takes 1 day to get to max level by half-assed grinding/questing. 3-4 hours if you know what you're doing. get enough party, and knock your heart out in DP till your fingers and bums are all sore. and the hardest one to get is earrings of ascending, and it drops like 1 out of 3 telepathy controller at 20x rate.

crystal is dead : cuz when the pros went there, you stayed on gamez, now they gave up, and you declared it dead and "not worth the effort". it's a LOLWUT?! bullshit if you ask me. as for those who did go to crystal and played there for weeks waiting for those whiners that "wants" the features in crystal yet barely of them showed up, you gave a shot. kudos. least you have the "right" to say "it's dead. not worth the effort" cuz you actually gave some.

and if you're going to counter my argument with player's wants/needs or "ruins pvp" stuff, please don't. because i DO want ground pvp, i DO think it suck that i can't use sure strike(or any other 0m distance skills) properly in flight pvp, but i just come to accept that free-fly is one of "what gamez is all about" kind of deal.
    --------------------------------
    forgive me for my rant, if i offended anyone, i ask for your apology. i do agree with ground pvp for heiron and beluslan, it just that the fight has gone on long enough, it's time we adapt and accept the fact that free-fly is one of the main attraction to gamez.

p/s: just a suggestion for GPvP enthusiasts, why not make a legion that sole purpose is ground pvp? set up a date with opposing faction's legion of same type, and go at it? and flyers during battle get kicked out of legion. it's better than nothing.

1 person likes this.
  20. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Yunis and I thought it would be a good idea to create a new topic, put the links of the videos in it, add a poll with only yes/no options, and have a moderator lock it, and maybe, sticky it.