1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Digital Photography

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Uehara, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor

Professor Getting there

^^

about the mosquito...
    it was just sitting on our couch and i was like holding my cam.
    i just had to take a pic of it.

about the Fly..
    i was having my daily afternoon coffee and it landed on my shirt *belly area*
    and my cam was next to me so i tried to take a shot of him, surprisingly .. the fly didnt move and even pose haha.
    so ya got me a good one.

about the white dove..
    well there is a pond in our backyard and a fountain.
    there are always pigeons and doves there...
    until my dog chases them away. haha!

2. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Now lets see.. I won't have a name for my.. gallery, cause it's more like some useless things I took and put together.. My camera is a Canon EOS 550D.

a place we visited during a fieldtrip with my school

[​IMG]

a rainy day in my house's balcony e.e

[​IMG]

some kind of view I caught from my house's yard, named this one 'africa' for some reason lol

[​IMG]

and that one is also from our trip to Istanbul with my school last year, on a little ship (than one's taken with a digital camera)

[​IMG]

taken last summer: salzburg, austria

[​IMG]

taken last summer: visiting dachau concentration camp in germany

[​IMG]

During a fieldtrip again o.o

[​IMG]

and a last one lol, my retarded friend <3 (guess what, fieldtrip again )

[​IMG]

And I obviously have a thing for rotating my camera. Yeah.

sadly? nah <3 And canon is woot woot

2 people like this.
  3. Professor

Professor Getting there

those lockers are like harry potter.

is that a cave? looks so creepy and cool at the same time.

4. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

the lockers were in dachau, that's where the prisoners put their outfits and such o.o

well the 'cave' was extremely small, we couldn't visit it a lot of people at a time, and it was someone's hideout (kill me. I'm greek and I don't remember which greek.. hero's hideout it was *-*)

edit: nevermind. It wasn't a hideout. It was where they kept him when they caught him ><

5. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

teehee :>
    smiggle pencilcases xd

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Uehara

Uehara イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) Forum Legend

Thanks for the photos regii. They are really nice! :)

I am learning Self-Portrait now. I might grab that :p

I am planning to buy a Canon DSLR since I found it better than Nikon. So not sad :p

Great photos really. Can't say if you're using DSLR or not :p Keep it up!!

The first pic, =.= I like its full depth though. What lense are you using?

Now I feel bad with my Nikon =.= Kidding!

Great photos Dimitrah! Didn't know you're also into Photography. Since you're a PRO signature making in this forum, maybe I can see some great Photo manipulations using your images?? And an easy tutorial would help :p

Another great shot from regii <3

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Idk maybe, if I ever take something really good I will <3

8. Uehara

Looking forward to that.

I need something easy to follow, and something wont take so much of my time. I am a member of this local Photography forum in Philippines and I am so lazy following the tutorials because it's too complicated. They recommended a software and tricks that I can use that can make my photos even better (as you can see on my shots. Mostly edited) but I want some effects like The Moss photograph which I edited. =.=

9. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Pft I edit most of my photos too :( But anyway. My dad is kinda into photography a lot and he's got an amazing camera, (I swear I took even the most unimportant things and they seemed like high quality portraits lol) so I started to get into photography too. My camera was a gift from him last year on my birthday, since then I've been trying to learn by him, he's also trying to explain to me, and it's pretty complicated lol <3 What's better than having your dad try to teach you everything about photography :x lol
    These photos were also from last year so they're pretty bad *-* I think I'd take more decent ones if I tried now. Lol.

1 person likes this.
  10. Professor

Professor Getting there

@Uehara

i shot that w/ my wife's cam: 400d *18-200mm zoom lens*.

while the others were with the 500d

1 person likes this.
  11. Uehara

You're pretty lucky that being an artist is in your blood line :) My mother is the one who helps me and cheer me on whatever kind of things I want to do. When I was in grade school I am into sketching. I draw my favorite anime`s and she's really supportive. In our family, I am the only one who likes to explore. I've been hearing my sister and brother's stories at school and I found them boring. They don't do anything like what I've been doing before. Hang out with friends and draw with them. Maybe because they don't have a too interesting crowd like I do before. I stopped sketching when I was in High School. I started joining extra-curricular activities like Writing contests, Dance and Singing contest, Slogan and Banner contests and everything had a prize. I received Best in Writing, Art, and Most Active awards when I graduated :p

Why I'm saying this is, when I was young and until now, I keep knowing and exploring myself. Now I can say to everyone where I am good at and where they can rely to me. So when I was in College I participate in everything that interests me and I took the course I really love. My friends and my classmates can give me parts on our projects and I know exactly what I can contribute and I know I wont let them down.

My History in Photography

I started to fall in love in Photography when I went to a trip with my family. A vacation that comes only once in a blue moon because my mother is a very busy woman. That time we have only a mobile phone, not even a digital camera. My mom saw the photos I took, the way I took it, the angles, etc. and she really loved them. She's the one who told me that I can do good in Photography. And she told me that I am even better than my dad when taking a photo using his own phone. That day I started to put my interest on Photography. My uncle was lending me his DSLR before. It stopped when he needed to migrate to London. Since then, my mom promised me that she will try buying me a good one. :) And she did. And it's the camera I am using until now, something for sure I can never let go because of its sentimental value.

12. Professor

Professor Getting there

the best is when how others interprets the picture u took.

13. Uehara

*wants to cry now because I miss my mom*

My mom is very honest when it comes on criticizing my shots. She's the first person who loved all the photos I took for the first time. I agree with you! It felt good when she was telling me everything she thinks about the photos I took. And she still does it until now even we're already far from each other. She was the one who told me that getting constructive criticisms from others will help me improve better and better.

14. fuzzyhall2

fuzzyhall2 Proficient

i would like to put some here, i just don't know how.

15. Uehara

What I do, I just upload them here: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I copy the image URL and post it here using the image icon [​IMG] click that image icon choose FROM URL then paste the url of the image :)

16. Uehara

My today's shots:

I was out with my husband, Cazar aka Badrobot here in forums to buy some stuffs at the supermarket and just randomly took some shots.

* The moon waving Hello!
    [​IMG]

* Purity
    [​IMG]

* Uncaptioned
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. blackcell

blackcell Banned Forum Legend

You have talant on photographing :)

1 person likes this.
  18. Uehara

I think everybody who posted their shots here have :D

Thank you for seeing that.

19. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

nice pictures...

i like photography but i keep the pictures for my own... lol. its more like a walk down memory lane for me...

i got an old D40 and D90 with 18-200 lens for general usage...

1 person likes this.
  20. Uehara

Well it really depends on how we want our camera to be. Actually me, I use it for general and for my addiction basis. I have like a thousand+ of photos keeping just for my personal eyes, as well for relatives and family while hundreds for the eyes of everybody. All these photos, I actually want to develop them and keep them in a photo album, while the photos I want publicly will be on frames. If I have a bigger house I will lend a room for all these photos, like a library full of albums and a mini gallery where I can display all my favorite shots as well :)

You have a good camera there. It's not a bad choice to use it for personal use, as you can have the 100% chance capturing the moment 100% detailed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.