1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezAion Bug Testers! Recruitment now Open

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alente, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Greetings lovely people of Gamez,

After some talks with our developers we have decided to introduce the official GamezAion Testing Group. Now while the name is pretty self-explanatory I'm going to fill in the details anyway so bear with it =p

The purpose of this new program is to create a group of core testers whose job is twofold. Firstly they will be tasked to try out new mechanics/patches/changes as we update them prior to their release on the main servers. Doing this we hope to catch as many unintended side-effects of our updates as possible before they hit live realms and deal with them ASAP.

The second job of this group will be to investigate and confirm/report existing bugs to our developers directly, while the official bug report thread partially addresses this requirement we find ourselves in need of a more focused group that also has access to items/abilities otherwise unavailable to test these things out more efficiently and reduce the frequency of false reports.

Those accepted into this group will be given some incentives which will not be detailed here for fairly obvious reasons and will be considered members of staff, due to this they will be granted some degree of access to our communication platforms along with a matching forum rank. This role does not translate into any ingame power on the main server shards (Siel/Lumiel/Crystal) however.

By introducing this system we hope to end up with patches that continue to meet and exceed our expectations and standards - improving the gaming experience we offer for all our users. Relieving some testing burden from our developers should also give them more time to do what's important - code!

For those interested in joining the team I will advise you now that we are looking for players that are not only established in our community but also have a good degree of experience playing Aion. Those who have played retail, and preferably still have active retail accounts for comparison purposes, are encouraged to apply also. Applications can be made in this thread using the form - please read it carefully prior to applying.

Our goal is, as always, to provide the best we possibly can for our community and then one better than that.

Regards,
    Alente & Carl - GamezNetwork Management.

24 people like this.
  2. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

First post ^^ is mine xP

Just bumpin' this ...

1 person likes this.
  3. cutetanks

cutetanks Death's Secretary ♥ Forum Legend

Will this affect a Gm app at all? as in if you've applied to be a gm can you also be on the testing team?

4. Alente

You can apply for both yes.

GMs are inherently given access to the tester forum/server and it's quite likely tester apps will be processed before the next batch of GM apps so by all means go ahead =p

2 people like this.
  5. neverwinter

neverwinter ~sweet and simple~ Forum Legend

nice ^^ i suggested something similar to this. hope this becomes a success

6. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

What about those who already have access and powers to the test server ;/ I'm free to help testing..

7. Alente

Should probably still apply to get access to the forum, not to mention I intend to do some spring cleaning of old test accounts =p

8. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

-Ninja Bump- <3

9. daax

daax - Forum Legend

bumpzie and gn :3

10. Casull

Casull I has arrived.... Forum Legend

bumpzies for this :D if i get accepted as a GM im gonna be doin this as well anyway xD

11. PoiZoN

PoiZoN while(troll) {++infract;}

Hmm I would like to join this incredible team with the purpose of helping the present and future generations of Gamez Aion players.

Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  12. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Oh im good with bugs.... I Apply for a bug / patch tester.

13. jankop

jankop Expert

its nice idea but its useless, you got lot of reports and many of them wasnt fix. So i think this idea dont have future. Gamez have max 1 dev and he cant fix it fast. So every little fix(mostly useless) take long time what is too useless. I didnt play here 3 months and almost nothing changed. Lot of skills are still bugged and no1 fixed them, creating groups dont work too, ppl cant ress other ppl normaly(mostly clerics arent able to ress you, and they is near you) and much more... So i think, who think that this step will be so good and bring lot of fixes than he is dreamboy. Anyway GL with it.

1 person likes this.
  14. Zee

Zee Banned

I'd say your post is useless, not this whole idea to make the server better.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

forever and always, will be a pessimistic type. :p

16. josesimmanuel

josesimmanuel ☆Legendary Member☆

I can travel into Beluslan underground which leaded me into death when I get fear by SM.

17. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

This thread is supposed to be clean and only for applications xP

18. stratic

stratic Expert

hope cheats will vanish.
    i tot updates takes away cheats but recently i saw blinking characters

edit: GL guys!!!

19. Fynie

Fynie Ayyyyeeeeeeeee Forum Legend

Very nice, I remember way back we had a beta tester team that I was very fortunate to be apart of. You's should bring back the pink title :p

20. evilset

evilset Expert Forum Legend

This is actually very good idea we did. And thanks to Alente we will do it.

Honestly we are sick of applying untested stuff on retail, because frankly we don't have time to test all the fixes. We are barly keeping up with your bug reports. Not to mention that 70% of them are complete failed compared to retail. But we cannot judge since we know many players here never even player on retail.

That is why we are doing this. To improve our server and make you feel happy playing on Gamez/Crystal servers.
    We are doing our best we could. We got new develoeprs aswell who are unknown to you but they will keep it that way.

You have to be patient. If you do the review from 6 months ago you will see how much we already improved our servers and we will continue in this direction.

I'm kindly asking everyone who are experienced and knowledgeable from retail to help us make this server better. All who will be accepted will also be rewarded, we promise you that.

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.