1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chars deleted, more than U$S 930 lots

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Nubio, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamholy

teamholy New Member

bump! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

/10

2. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Honestly.... they've never refunded items thus far.

It would be almost cruel and unfair to others if they began to do that. Not to mention the staff here is already kept brutally busy (that is, those whom could address this issue).

I'm not going to say 930 isn't a fair amount, because it is...

But, in the long-run and being a realist... I'd say you'd be much further to donate again. Because as soon as things start changing, wild angry mobs of people come running.

Examples:

"OH MY ****ING GOD YOU LAMNE ASS MOTHER ****ER. I RE****INGDONATED TO YOU AND YOU REFUNDED MY ITEMS. I CAN'T EVEN HIT FOR A CHARGEBACK NOW ON MY ACCOUNT OH MY ****ING GOD"

"QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

"OMG WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS BEFORE I HOSPITALIZED MYSELF BY JUMPING OFF A BUILDING BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T REFUND MY ABGEEEZZ.111/!?!1/!?!11"

Insert the other 18391378178937301278328371313 (infinite, really) possibilities that would all share the feature of being fully typed in caps.

1 person likes this.
  3. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

i thought it stand at 7 months exactly.
    if there is no definite timeline to when your account will be considered inactive and is going to be deleted then there is a flaw there.

as for the TP..
    good luck

4. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

I assume that your account was hacked since you can log in! someone hacked it.. took the items.. deleted your chars (and maybe stole your names too)

5. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

Several months ago, accounts that hadnt been logged in for more than 7 months were deleted. No refunds are being given that I am aware of, however, you can send Carl a msg here on the forum or you can email admin@gamezaion.com.

1 person likes this.
  6. evilset

evilset Expert Forum Legend

You were not hear for more than a year. We did DB optimization and remove accounts who were inactive for more than 7 months. So everyone who their accounts have been inactive for more than 10 months are no longer available.

7. Awoken

Awoken Expert Forum Legend

complete bullshit , you should not remove accounts in the first place but back-up inactive ones on another harddisk or whatever how itworks , should not be that hard. if this guy can proove he donated 900$ and he doesn't get it back then this team are incredible greedy moneywolfs and have no respect at all. I mean if you buy a game of CD for 60$ then your suposed to have it 20 years later aswell. if you donate 900$ here and gamez was not resetted or not closed. then you should still have your account or credits. makes no sense , you should be glad this guy donated 900$ in the first place. now they just say sorry ? nope but thanks for donating LOL

/bump for this guy

2 people like this.
  8. evilset

And who are you ?

We will handle all the players who donated for this server, especially those who donated for more then $900, be patient.

5 people like this.
  9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Technically, since you "donated" you voided any claims towards anything from that money. So lets not even delve into insults, threats, and whatever else is in that paragraph.

But, 20 years from now? Damn. I better tell bioware that.

10. Nubio

Nubio New Member

Look men, i dont know how big GAMEZ is, but i have a gamer comunity to, and here in Argentina is the biggest Counter strike 1.6 comunity on the country, i am the owner and administrator, and i see my WEB and my forum Pm´s once a day, and i reply all of them...
    Threds 53,534 Messages 323,648 Members 64,598, and you know what... FOR FREE.
    If somebody donated to my comunity U$S 1.000 i will put in a ****ing HONOR PLACE.
    And here is normal...
    I assume that this web have a lot of donators and nobody take care of nobody, pfff leave it... more will comming.
    This sucks.

Really sucks.

Evidence
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

Reread evilset's post. There may be hope for you yet. :D

3 people like this.
  12. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I was unaware that developers concerned themselves with donations or public relations involving donations.

In any case, you could look at this several ways:
    • If a member is nice enough to donate $900, or hell even anything over $200 in my opinion, why not be nice enough to them in return to protect what they had?
    • Donators have no "claim" as Aegis pointed out to items, donations are donations not sales, but theres still the generosity and support for their generous donation that staff could provide, to help them out.
    • As also pointed out, it would be unfair to some others to start refunding for a very specific situation like this (especially when there was wide warning about it)
    • Finally, look at it this way - You had to be gone for at least 7 months, in which time the server could've just shut down anyway. Sure, it didn't shut down, but surely you knew when you donated and when you left that the server might not still be there when you decided to come back.
    I'm not going with one specific side, it'd be nice of the staff to refund your items but at the same time there are things they could say against refunding them, and its not completely their fault. It would be great for you if your items did get refunded, but don't go bashing the staff if they don't end up doing so, you had a part to play just as much as them. I've lost over $1k from iTunes during computer reformatting, and yes I was pissed when it happened, but you know what? It was my fault for not making a backup, so I can't really shit on them for it can I? Well, other than wishing they had better support for detecting past purchases.

2 people like this.
  13. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Agreed, I myself lost thousandSsSSSSSS of dollars in value (and unobtainable anymore items I made myself/obtained in a conference) when my hard drive failed on my vaio a few times.

It sucks. I'd change it in a heartbeat... but I can't.

1 person likes this.
  14. Nubio

Nubio New Member

Men, u formated ur PC, not me, not other one, just you, so is your problem.
    Here somebody deleted my chars, wasn´t me...
    And i have a backup... PAYPAL account, u can see my earlier post.
    Cheers.

15. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I was using that as an example, not saying you lost your account because you didn't make backups or that you made the decision or anything.

As I said, they could either be nice to you which would be great, I'd be happy for you, or they can choose to not refund the items which would suck, but YOU were the one that didn't play here for 7+ months.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nubio

Nubio New Member

Yes, you are right.
    Lets wait some Administrator. :(
    I have some hopes...

17. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I dislike the attitude in this post, flipped my opinion quite quickly o_O

18. voter

voter Proficient

somebody deleted your characters or your account? be specific here.

19. evilset

Nubio, I forwarded it to Carl so you will get an answer tonight/tomorrow.
    Sorry for causing you any troubles.

Thread closed.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.