1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nerf Shadowburst/Lightburst, or I quit

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketcher

Sketcher Getting there

lol what proof can that thread provide? a poll? that wont prove anything but what the ppl want. read retail forums and u will see, even since 1.5 at lvl 40 sorc hit 8k+ with sb/lb. now look at gamez. more than half of the server have at least a high grade weapon now add the pvp atack and do the math. fix the formula, it will still be a KO move. if u dont like it doesnt mean its not supposed to be like that. if there are many sorcs that hit u with sb doesnt mean it has to be nerfed so u can tank them. put a dmg absorb scroll and it will cut the dmg a lot, u saw ss of 5k sb on gamez right?if not search it and u will find. the only one that brings useless shit up was u by making this thread lol

2. papartz19

papartz19 New Member

I love shadow burst but idc... its part of the game..... wala na koy mahimo hahahha

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Block of text. Why. Why. Why.

Why would you need a poll to figure out that the damage formula for SB/LB is not correct. Please make sure you understand my post before you attempt to criticize me.

Read back and tell me what you find regarding the formula.

4. Riont

Riont Proficient

Glads actually get a physical atk boost not a pvp atk boost :p

edit im talking about dp skills <_<

5. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

it has been a day since this thread was posted.
    when will this end and u quitting? *since i think it wont get nerfed anytime this week*

6. vRisen

vRisen Banned

When will you stop posting useless shit and wasting 3 seconds (to read this,) and another 15 seconds of my time to type this out to humiliate you.

I'll quit when I damn so please.

7. Sketcher

Sketcher Getting there

8. Esorono

Esorono New Member

There are many ways to avoid Shadowburst. I'll give a few examples.
    Mr build
    Silence Godstones
    Knockdown
    Evasion skill (Not sure if glads have one)
    Damage reduction skill
    Stun
    Knockback

Also each class has another class they have problems with. Glads are just not as well built to avoid Sorcs as other classes so you will have to get gear to fight them. Go with an MR build with an extendable spear socketed with a 10% silence godstone.

9. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

is not useless shit, go play retail and find out about SB/LB yourself or go play hello kitty online, Risen seriously your fcking QQ is from a wimpy high-school girl grow the fck up is a game.

:3 I Wish they close this thread cause someone flamed.

10. Riont

Riont Proficient

You guys have to admit that sorcerers are better tanks than Gladiators if they time their skills correctly
    Stone skin last minute resets the stone skin so you wait until they break the stone skin and recast for the extra dmg absorb and than boon of iron clad to take in all the dmg for the 5 seconds b/c im pretty sure noone can exceed 10k dmg in 5 seconds LoL and than they got wintry or barrier or ice robe effects that slow down or reflect dmg as they run away(or stand still if they use barrier but still tanking and u know how stupid people are stupid and will attack you during the barrier). Some of you will probably say gladiators got heals and defense buffs, uhhhhh all I gotta say to that is it only affects physical not magical sooooo gg mages gg and what good is a measly 2k hp for 1 minute if u can exceed our hp with 1-2 skills uhh just add another skill HERF DERP

Now some of you may try to say that gladiators have plate armor but what good is defense against magic LoL and don't bring the bullshit about MR cuz Im pretty sure you make up MR excuses cuz your mentally retarded we all know that MR does not work well since most of you magic users just stack magic acc or use that magic accuracy buff that gives 1k+ magic acc. LoL

Either way I'm still LoLing b/c I know Aion itself is a unbalanced game even in retail so it doesn't matter LoL nor do I really care if I die seeing as how AP = useless, Kinah = Useless, E peen= well you may feel happy maybe? but it will fade

2 people like this.
  11. hyp3rl0n

hyp3rl0n Getting there

if you hate sorcs too much then make a templar! you'll be raping sorcs all day roflmao

heres some things that will help you:
    get mr armor, craft lots of elemental proof, damage absorb, spell resist scrolls

laugh at sorcs

win

12. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

wow... LOL pls do quit then LOL can I have your stuff? lol

13. Esorono

Esorono New Member

Actually MR does become pretty effective after 2.3k I have tested it with some legion mates. Also, you don't have to wear plate, sure you lose some helpful buffs plate gets, but Glads can wear cloth. Where as a Sorc has no choice but to wear cloth. Also I believe there is some kind of combat triangle, scouts have an advantage over mages, mages have an advantage over plate and plate have an advantage over scouts. Clerics seem well rounded against all and chanters...Eh, I don't know much about them other than I suck at playing them.

14. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I'm EGT. :p

15. Zee

Zee Banned

Anyways, the damage formula is working properly for Lightburst/Shadowburst (which you can test by yourself in a duel against a player from your own faction) and like Terrorized said a bunch of pages ago, the bonus damage gets multiplied by the magic boost (x2 - x2,5) along with the PvP attack, so the damage is somewhat real.

It could be lower yeah, since it's quite OP, but yeah... cope with it.
    Roll a sin, pop FE and troll lightbursting sorcs. Or simply keep dieing each time you receive a lightburst.

16. Yinhhh

Yinhhh Banned

[video=youtube;gkfVdrtLcRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs&amp;feature=related[/video]

17. vRisen

vRisen Banned

:(

I log on. Shadowburst.

Take a break. Come back. Shadowburst some more.

18. spoomi

spoomi Well-Known Member

it 1 hour cd skill...and Togiri u zerg only lol and with your high rank ofc u will get SB

19. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I only zerg? I'm solo most of the time and the zerg accumulates as I PvP.

I rarely play even with a group.

Guess where I PvP'd today. Gelk fort. 6 maybe 7 elyos vs 40 asmos. I zerg?

Why don't all of the classes get a 1-hour cd skill that one-shots anything to shit? Huh? Answer that one.

And like I said before. If someone wants some of my sweet general AP, I want to be killed by someone who is more skilled than I. Not by some ****ing 7 year old spamming Tab and "1."

20. spoomi

spoomi Well-Known Member

i got lumieled and shadowbursted to ...do u see me QQing?

nop so stfu and play a ****ing game if u dont like it then quit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.