1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My point of view as a donator .

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ngjunhoong, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ngjunhoong

ngjunhoong Expert

I swear, i have donated close to 1000usd in this server. and i expect it to be up and not crashing everyday -_- . And not waiting for someone to come reboot it.

and it goes for all the people who donated. Dont you think the donations added up from ALL the donors . could host Gamez for at least 2 years ?

all im saying we donated so much not for this pings we would never have. and its hosted with 4 game servers in 1 hosting. its not fair tbh .

im almost reaching my peak to charging everything back by PayPal and moving to a different server.

given time. "it will take some time to fix it " a rough estimation ? any approx time ?

I dont blame the developers for the AU releases others are waiting and sharing from different servers.

and for fuck sake, have someone reboot the servers like Alente, i've always seen him online in forums when its the downtime, Thats a model example of what a staff should be shouldnt it ? whats wrong with the admins >_>

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Kats

Kats Proficient

Ouch 1000$ O_O and i thought i donated a lot...

3. gyntis

gyntis Getting there

That's some strange logics of carl. He wants donations on this type of server, he should put alil bit more effort into it imho. And for GODs SAKE give someone reboot priv(get over it you can't handle teh server by yourself).

4. Akista

Akista Proficient

Well well if it isnt mr. i will try to ks a cleric and fail as a ranger......
    All bs aside..
    This is a private server it isnt as stable as a official server.. they are doing there best to keep it going with out interruptions.. and trust me the upgrades they have been putting on the server, the server connection, ect, ect.. price it costs to run a server in a data center is not cheap by any means. yet the server is free to play on and donations isnt mandatory... so be patient and happy you have a decent free server to play on.

5. Straylight

Straylight New Member

This makes me wonder if Carl has a job with the kind of paycheck he is receiving here from donations. There's no way the server fee is more than $200/month.

1 person likes this.
  6. MyTime

MyTime Banned

New devs are doing the best they can to get the server best

1 person likes this.
  7. Deepack

Deepack New Member

but still. u can upgrade this server even more, b ut if u have 4 gameservers, 4 login servers, 4 databases(or more considering Aion uses 1 for game and 1 for login) all on One server, then the upgrading wont give the needed effect.

And if u get for example 2 servers, one for games and one for databases, then the servers dont even have to have 32Gb of memory and Quad Xeon or whatever they are using.

Anyway, hope stuff gets done fast.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Lol my best its higher then $200 a month. the server they have currently running is not cheap.

1 person likes this.
  8. Akista

Akista Proficient

Perhaps but are you adding in the bandwidth fee's?

that on a different fee then just hosting the server in a datacenter.

9. Asleep

Asleep Proficient

Alente said that devs are working on a possible-fix,

Also I believe that someone will be promoted to be able to restart since Staff applications are up.

10. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

auuu 1000$..nice but in my point it's all wasted money..cauz in the last week the server is really fucked up..every morning i wake up the server is down and then i have to w8 like 7 hours for carl to wake up..donators helped this server a lot but i dont think the server is helping us the same..that's my point and i feel realy bad cauz i donated too but i dont see where my money went to..

2 people like this.
  11. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

To be onest it is more then 200 dollar a month because he has server external at a databasecenter.

And don't forget he need to have like 5 servers 4 for all games and 1 for forum.

12. Darkryu9

Darkryu9 New Member

Is a fair position, even if the server is private should not depend on a person to wake up so you can return to be online.
    to not only give a negative opinion I think there are options:
    1 - configure a reboot at a time you set (until you find the reason and the solution to this problem)
    2 - One person (or more) with the possibility of restarting the server.

As many just want the best for this server.

1 person likes this.
  13. Akista

Akista Proficient

Dunno how the private servers are set up but official servers are set up like this..
    Auth server,Login server,Database server,chat server,npc server,Game server.

14. WeNeedWeed

WeNeedWeed Proficient

about this thing i pmed Carl and told him i can create web-script via this webpage u will be able to shutdown server and back it up...first of all this web has own URL so no 1 will find it.. secondly is password protected so even if some 1 finds this so wont turn server up and down

and last thing is any 1 who will acces this page only can shutdown and run up the server no acces to database and the whole server computer but i guess my pm was deleted...well guys i wanted the best for this server but they dont care i guess...

15. Deepack

Deepack New Member

yes. but not all on one machine, and not 4 games >.>

But then again. Ill not go further into this untill Any staff member can tell us that they actually have only 1 server.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  16. Predatorz

Predatorz Proficient

Guys patience is a Virtue ^ ^ we wait and have faith until everything is great and then we play all day non stop everyday haha

17. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

all i can say is I am glad I am back at work tonight and then go swimming and walk the dog cause if it is anything like last night not even worth going home till nearly 11pm cause of the 5-6hours of offline:sad:

2sets archon Templar and Chanter with lots enchant stone etc maybe $600-700

18. ngjunhoong

ngjunhoong Expert

oh yeah and karissa said they're other who donated more o_o . which means... it enough to last gamez for about 3 years ? HELL ISNT THAT A LONG TIME ? WITH 1 HOST JUST FOR GAMEZAION ?! or are they pocketing our moola $ ? ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT D:

19. Predatorz

Predatorz Proficient

i fink they're looking for solution which are not easy to find :) we should support them instead of bringing them down..right? xD

1 person likes this.
  20. ngjunhoong

ngjunhoong Expert

ya D:< , we should at least get something better D: than crashes and long time of waiting for reboot