1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My point of view as a donator .

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ngjunhoong, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

really i would donate more if i see more adult mature ppl participating. :love:

2. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Can people PLEASE stop assuming this? I want to rage every time i see this.

I'll say this once, AGAIN, and please everyone read this:
    We have different dedicated servers for each game. This includes crystal being apart from Gamez.

2 people like this.
  3. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Aye, not just you. That would be SUPER lag if it was all in one XD is that even possible omg?> :sick:

4. ♥ LeLiah ♥

♥ LeLiah ♥ Tag Your It! Forum Legend

:w00t:Really We can Get Refunded Back all we donated o.o? but if thats the case ur account is permanantly banned correct?:unsure:

5. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Yes, permabanned is a possibility as it says on their website :X

1 person likes this.
  6. Eternalfury

Eternalfury Getting there

Which is bad, why?
    Don't you need to see every side of any given story to rightfully judge it?

7. Gamefreak

Gamefreak New Member

Why do you donate so much? :O You should have used your money on something else, remember this is just a game, nothing real stuff : P But it is your choice : )

If you donate or not it isnt going to change the server :/ Maybe try a new private server would help? Maybe not so much crashing and stuff at another server.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  8. ♥ LeLiah ♥

♥ LeLiah ♥ Tag Your It! Forum Legend

:wink:Ah thats a good thing to know ^^ +1 just incase if the server does go down o.o thats a nice thing to know hehe

9. Dane

Dane New Member

are you seriously asking me why it is bad if people stop donating?

and this post is not really telling any side of the story... the thread does... but not this post ( or other posts similar to it )... it's just making people who spent money on the server regret that they did so

10. Kevster

Kevster Legend Forum Legend

It's called donating. You're giving away things for free and in return, you're not suppose to get anything back. You're just donating to support. Lucky you're even getting anything. (Look at the world's donators, they do it and don't get anything back. They do it to help a certain piece of the world).
    But of course, their name is better known for aiding people, but it doesn't mean that they can get PO or complain that they donated. Once donated, it is no longer your money and it is up to the people they help to use it.

11. Michael

Michael Proficient

couldn't agree more!!

12. Munchies

Munchies Proficient

Refund your money if you're not pleased.

I'd prefer to eat a shitload of junk food instead of having a Mastarius weapon, but hey that's me. Neither of these is healthy, but at least real life wins.

13. Aegis

Aegis Guest

As for me, I'd rather spend 20$ on something I'll use for a while rather than something that will just end up being well...

Than again, Mastarius is about the same level as the food would be the next day in my humble opinion.

14. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

Actually if you donate something to help a cause, and the people in charge of the cause spend your money in a manner other than specified, that's fraud.

So if someone who offers a service is taking donations, he's getting those donations in sufficient amounts, and the service is still going downhill... let's just say we're probably fucked.

15. gyntis

gyntis Getting there

And again, lags over and over again. At the same time. WTF

16. Mesmar

Mesmar Banned

Could just configure the server to have an automatic reboot every 3-4 hours. Would solve a lot of problems, and if it was notified an hour in advance people would be able to finish what they were doing and there would be no complaints. Though it would be hard to configure that sort of restart if it was an external server.

17. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

That is just a terrible idea... no server should reboot every 3-4 hours, especially not one that's running an MMO.

18. Autumnbreeze

Autumnbreeze Proficient

Im finding it hard to find where it states that donating goes towards the running of the server.....

As for donating in a private MMO, its because if they charge a game fee to play, they are liable to prosecution. with donating its free choice, private servers offer a reward for donating in the form of "donation only items", this way people get a gift as a "thank you"

Now, if you donate and you can select your gift, and you acquire your gift in game and can use it. then what is your problem with the server?

Just because you donated doesnt mean that the funding was ever going to go towards running the server unless specified.

Now if you feel that the server is not benefiting from you donating then the simplest thing to do is stop donating.

Everyone is frustrated, GMs / Admins / carl (probably) / the player base. there are solutions out there, it just takes a while to get them sorted out.

@Carl

If you have trust issues, maybe its time to find those people to trust. trust can only be earned if its given first, and until you start to trust someone with restarting the server when it needs it. we are just going to be going around in circles

@the players giving donations

If you feel the money isn't doing what you expected it too, stop donating. Im sure if the donations start drying up, things will be moved along a bit faster as its going to hit where it matters, in the pocket.

Donation doesnt give you a better right than anyone else, i know its frustrating that you have given hard earned cash to acquire items, in a false belief that its going towards the running of the server, but as stated there is no where i have found that states that donations are going towards helping the server (not on the front page, donations page, and even a forum search brings up nothing) from what i can see, donations only get you premium items that sometimes can not be acquired through normal means

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  19. alexistheboss15

alexistheboss15 Getting there

lol....
    i am pissed cause they dont give us stupid medals.

20. elshagan

elshagan Expert

Yeah, seeing as donations are optional and free choice it's basically like giving to charity. Except here you get something in return as a thank you for the money... <.<