1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Project: FPA [Fair PvP Awareness]

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I think it's time someone made a thread about this. As you may have heard, in retail if a player is outnumbered, he/she may type a "1" or a "+" sign so the other players know he/she wants a fair fight. This should be made aware of in Gamez so that everyone can have an easier time PvPing.

The rule is simple, if you're chasing a player with 12 of your friends and the player says either "1" or "+." Then decide an opponent for him and give him a fair fight.

Perhaps a GM can make a few announcements daily concerning the issue.

P.S: If you are planning to post something along the lines of "hey sir im gay and this will neber happn becuz nobdy listns in pvp and we are RA TARDS." Please do us all a favor and close your browser. Your input is not necessary here and only annoys the people trying to get things done.

27 people like this.
  2. Astraxii

Astraxii Proficient Forum Legend

Yes I like this idea and maybe it will lower the zergs a bit lol but yea maybe this will be put into action

1 person likes this.
  3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I doubt it will decrease the number of players in a zerg, and it's likely nobody will care if they're in a zerg. It's meant to happen if it's a 6v1 and they want a fair fight.

1 person likes this.
  4. aecoon

aecoon 。◕ ‿ ◕。 Forum Legend

i would love to have this yes. and i say it alot to ppl i meet. work 30% of the time with the english speaking legions.
    but most times it gets lost in hungry kids wanting most AP. i know our legion try to play fair and not zerg ppl o be part of a zerg.
    if u try say 1v1 alot of ppl do it :D

had some good pvp with breezie on his/her glad but got interpreted once in the end and the 2n time he dc. then the 3r time i got zergs by 7 temps :D GG

+1 for fair PVP

5. kakashipta

kakashipta Proficient

you would be so good if this happened!

6. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

gawd I miss the "+"'s in heiron on retail. +1 to this, lets teach some pvp manners to "RA TARDS" lol.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

I'm waiting for shadoway and asmodian444(something like that) and Minaki's reply that you are playing an MMO and you are meant to zerg coz its "Massive multiplayer" game.

On topic I approve of this but then some people are really dirty(lumiel elyos) we last call approve of 1v1s and we have been victimized twice by elyos saying 1v1. 2-3min later the zerg comes from behind while we are watching closely on the interesting 1v1 fight.I have videos but I think I deleted them to my disgust.

3 people like this.
  8. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

[youtube]hZgu_oAmoJ8[/youtube]

9. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

walka? whew I know a Wallka in lumiel that sold me balic mats, sweet guy and he was not an OP seller :)

Does it mean anything in some language?

10. Unearth

Unearth Proficient

Would be a great idea if this actually happened. With the amount of people shouting noob and weak after every kill I doubt they'd be willing to adopt any sort of fair play.

1 person likes this.
  11. Terrorized

He's on Retail :3

12. kcstep2

kcstep2 Getting there

I can't count the amount of times I've been pvping with my friend, just the two of us. We find one Ely, kill it. Two, kill them. Three, think "Uh oh" But still manage to kill them. Then a third Asmo just happens to come along and suddenly there's at least double our number in Elyos or so and we just get stomped. The same happens with Asmo though. Again my friend and I enjoying pvp then suddenly there's 11 Asmo and the Ely just go "Hell no" And leave. It seriously just kills all the fun with it.

13. archvanarl

archvanarl we can play offline!!!

Beryl State, Sunset Coast village, Esate no. 5
    well in this game with many zergers is not my probelm at all as it makes this game more exciting and challenging... that's for me...........it is about tactics for winning........ me myself always play solo (not in a group ) but still find a good time playing it.. It's fun... I love it.......

14. Jayrii

Jayrii Well-Known Member

lets push this thread for everybody to know..

but im sure pro pvpers are outnumbered by pvp retards..

some people call you noob or weak after they zerg you.. my GOOOD!

15. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I hate to admit it... but even for me... when I am pvping... I tend to not care really :x

And others won't listen either, that is a fact.

Or all of a sudden do people who zerg, who are already known as scum, give a few -nyerk's- about their "dignity"?

Let alone the fact that not everyone even speaks english.

Or the fact that people still don't even get the riddiculous fact to not give their information/items to pseudo-gm's.

So lemme just chart it in a realism table.

Realism:

-Not everyone speaks english

-Not everyone even pays attention to forums, announcements, etc.

-Not everyone gives two flying screws towards dignity, or any other morally positive concept in existance.

-Not everyone, who lets assume follows all those rules, will even notice the inept "+" that someone spams as 2-3 other people around you who fall under the three categories above beat into the ground.

-Goodluck reinforcing this. Realism is that Gamezaion has a finite amount of staff. That isn't an insult, it means that 300 =300 20=20, 1=1, 4217372842343645565433545435343543244234323=4217372842343645565433545435343543244234323.

There isn't an unlimited amount of staff to bother reenforcing these rules.

-With what I just said... when something is prone to not being able to be implemented so that even the guy on the street who just got drunk, smoked a few, had a bongfest and did a subcutaneous injection of some godforbidden knowledge of just what it is.... is able to do it... then it won't work. Especially so when there is no active parties to reinforce this.

I'm not meaning to flame, but you've moved from qqing about one thing to qqing about another.

First it was going and making 10,000 threads (I may be off by just a few integers there, but you get the jist of it) about shadowburst and nonstop complaining... now it is making highly unrealistic demands and saying

""hey sir im gay and this will neber happn becuz nobdy listns in pvp and we are RA TARDS." Please do us all a favor and close your browser. Your input is not necessary here and only annoys the people trying to get things done."

#1: I am gay. And there isn't anything wrong with it. If you have a problem with that then I implore you to try and even do half of the shit I do on a daily basis. Most people snap when they realize just how horrendous some of the disorders are at, that is before even getting into the cellular basis of things like schizophrenia, epilepsy... which likewise comes before pharmacological treatments...

Mmm... to that end I really think that comment is a bit unjust. Just like if I said you were an uneducated tool.

#2: Incase, saint Togiri, you've forgotten. This is the real world. Just the same as anything else. Trying to spout you are on a mission to "Save Gamez" and that any critical input is immediately meaning that a person has a varied sexual-preference for someone of the same gender... that is ... a bit odd.

Apparantly to be logical you need to be homosexual.

Mindyou I do enjoy the thought of people mindlessly trying to type + or putting it on a macro and hammering that key... I'd rather not be a sadist and actually say that it has any hope in hell of getting Bob, Joe, and Frank off of zerging and popping a cap in yo' azz.

#3: If this was true, why do I distinctly remember you coming onto me before in much greater numbers than the lonely I in the past.

Ahh... yes... its very nice to swing that saintly-hammer with gold encrustment while blatantly ignoring the hypocracy. Especially when the hammer-head comes flying off and glonking onto your own head.

Summary:

Please... just be happy for once. There doesn't always need to be something to be fixed (incorrect, but let me get to my next point). This is a gameeeeeee... its meant for fun and enjoyment. Not meant for probing surgically for answers to "problems" and then radiating the problem.

12 people like this.
  16. Tempzilla

Tempzilla I Gots Candy!!

While the Idea is nice, highly doubt it will happen. The way I see things though, is pvp is not ment to be "fair" or "easy" which is basically what is being attempted. Me and my friends always encounter the whole kill 1-2-3 then zerg. Yea it sucks but on the opposite side we enjoy it because we welcome the challenge. Just the other day we took on a group of 8-10 Elyos vs 1 glad 1 cleric 1 sorc 1 ranger and we facerolled them. Not only was it amazingly awsome but it was a hell of alot of fun. The saticfaction of being able to beat a zerg with just 4 people for me will always be better than fighting a "fair fight" This game is based on group play reason why instances bosses and just about everything except maybe grinding and crafting is all group based. Instead of being a Solo hero, I think its better to find a group of friends to roll with face the challenges and over come them.

(Not saying this isnt a decent Idea Its nice and some people will like and accept it but me I dont like it all that much.)

1 person likes this.
  17. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Very nice but i think impossible,why,because there are almost no people who fight til the end,even if its 1vs1 and hes dying he ll run for his life,jump to a cliff and kill himself,jump to a stream,port to panda using illusion gate or something like that,people are just chickens and especially the asmodian rangers in siel,worst players in this server,shame to them. Not all the asmo rangers but they know who they are ;D

1 person likes this.
  18. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Indeed, this is anotehr reason why its unrealistic.

On my cleric I wanted to rip my hair out at how people would just fly away, zip away, etc... like wtF?!? Even 1 vs 1. It was astounding...

There was a pvp video posted by Rokowo of someone in my legion even fighting her alone with guards on her and then running away after going at it for minutes!

I mean... how utterly shameful! I was almost ready to puke by the end of it.

As I said.. "dignity"? Dignity is something that is a virtue in this world, whether it be business, shopping, driving, anything relaly.. it doesn't shock me that games have none either.

19. Terrorized

Who was this person if I may ask?

20. Aegis

Aegis Guest

[YOUTUBE]FCfokyMif0Q[/YOUTUBE]

2:39-onwards.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.